2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2023 NHK Trophy Women's Free Skate

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
still obsessed with how smart Ziegler's jump layout is -- no 3-3 in the LP, but she still does 7 triples and two 2A -- much less risk of underrotations and loss of GOE as a result.

congrats to all the medalists! fabulous competition!
I know!! I loved her 2A 2A sequence. Also, she got her combos out of the way, at the beginning

Haein!! This is her fourth fourth place finish at a GP event over this and the past season.

zebobes

Final Flight
I know!! I loved her 2A 2A sequence. Also, she got her combos out of the way, at the beginning

Haein!! This is her fourth fourth place finish at a GP event over this and the past season.
Now she needs to work through three third places and two second places...

Does anyone remember how Adam Rippon had two thirds and made the GPF, and the next year he had two seconds, and then made it to the Olympics?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So that's not as bad as it seems.
So here's a trickier one.

When was the last time two american women were on the podium at NHK ? :)
Never ever that I can see. 2014 Gracie took the gold and 2015 Courtney Hicks had the silver.

Oops -- my bad. 1989 a 2nd & 3rd. I was looking for 1 & 2.

Last edited:

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Belgian Nationals may be a little more interesting than usual. I love Loena, but I think Nina's programs are so much better.
2023-2024 Belgian Nationals already happened....last week, in fact.

Pinzarrone won the title by 40+ points over Jade Hovine. Loena didn't compete.

Nina has lots of potential....but 3Lz<+3T in both programs cost her the title here and if I were on her team, what I would focus on fixing. However, her solo lutz was fully rotated and received +1.18 GOE, which is promising.