2015 Four Continents Pairs SP Feb 12 Seoul Time | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs SP Feb 12 Seoul Time

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Whelp missed most of that because my fat cat Bingley decided this was the perfect time to wake up from his 5 hour nap and sit on my computer...

Bingley! Are you a Pride & Prejudice fan?!

and I agree with you on how Peng & Zhang have a very sweet dynamic that makes the odd age gap work for them. It feels more like father/daughter to me, but I'm good with big brother/little sister too.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I know many think that D/R looks awkward as a pair, but to me Peng/Zhang looks even more awkward as a pair.
Meh, who cares how you look? It's how you skate that counts. I'd much rather watch P/Z's skating than D/R's. :p

Scovies

Final Flight
This was a really well-skated event. Lots of great performances!

Time to go to bed and try to avoid spoilers until I can watch the men's SP...

cptnhastings

On the Ice
Results page not updating smh.

Yeah, so annoying. The guy who's doing it must've fallen asleep. :p

S/K did about as well as they could've expected I think. 5th in this field is pretty good.

Was there some rumor going around that if you skated to Moulin Rouge this year you got an extra point? I'm so sick of it. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Tango with no sexual tension is just awkward -- and they're engaged, too!

Are they?! Scimeca / Knierim, Volosozhar / Trankov... Am I the last to hear all the juicy gossip???!!!

This just proves what I say about that version of "Roxanne" being much better without the lyrics!

If you don't want the lyrics, use this version. If you do want the lyrics, use Sting's version!

CaroLiza_fan

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
They looked really tight today.

I agree. But they got through it relatively unscathed and seemed relieved and happy in the K&C. They are so sweet with each other.

I think they were a bit spooked by the amazing performances by the pairs before them- that monster score for D&R, excellent season's best by Peng & Zhang etc. Alexa was not her usual sparkly, gutsy self at the start.

Still proud of them! and their twist was MONSTER!

Florencito

Medalist
Can someone post last group's scores, please? My livescore is still on the ice resurfacing

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Bingley! Are you a Pride & Prejudice fan?!

and I agree with you on how Peng & Zhang have a very sweet dynamic that makes the odd age gap work for them. It feels more like father/daughter to me, but I'm good with big brother/little sister too.

I AM!! His brother is named Darcy, but Darcy is a good cat who doesn't mess with my figure skating time. Bingley, on the other hand, just loves to come 'watch with me' where watch with me means either sit directly in front of my face or sit directly in front of the screen and refuse to move...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I AM!! His brother is named Darcy, but Darcy is a good cat who doesn't mess with my figure skating time. Bingley, on the other hand, just loves to come 'watch with me' where watch with me means either sit directly in front of my face or sit directly in front of the screen and refuse to move...

I LOVE THIS!!!

Tulosai, I wrote my dissertation in part on Jane Austen. I have a Ph.D in English and used to be an English prof. Quit because academia is too stuffy. Still a huge Austen fan.

and your cats sound very much like their namesakes. Darcy is aloof and reserved, wants his alone time- as a good cat should. But Bingley is super bubbly and friendly! :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Meh, who cares how you look? It's how you skate that counts. I'd much rather watch P/Z's skating than D/R's. :p

To each their own. P/Z is more elegant, but D/R is more exciting and innovative to me (and obviously more ambitious technically), and they feel solid... I know when I watch them I'll see crazy difficulty, but effortless difficulty.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
RIght, I'm off to get some breakfast.

Remember, if you want to watch the Opening Ceremony before the Men's SP, the Kazakh's are showing it at 20 past the hour:

Hello, dear Golden Skate forum members. I'm from Kazakhstan, and i want to tell you some good news. Kazakhstan sport channel «KazSport» show all 4CC events LIVE. Schedule:
All times in Astana time (UTC+6)
12 feb.
08:20 - 10:40 Short Dance
11:00 - 13:00 Pairs SP
13:20 - 14:00 4CC Opening Ceremony
14:05 - 18:20 Men SP

13 feb.
10:20 - 13:10 Free Dance
13:50 - 16:55 Ladies SP

14 feb.
11:20 - 13:45 Pairs FS
14:20 - 17:30 Men FS

15 feb.
09:20 - 12:00 Ladies FS

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
I LOVE THIS!!!

Tulosai, I wrote my dissertation in part on Jane Austen. I have a Ph.D in English and used to be an English prof. Quit because academia is too stuffy. Still a huge Austen fan.

and your cats sound very much like their namesakes. Darcy is aloof and reserved, wants his alone time- as a good cat should. But Bingley is super bubbly and friendly! :)

Exactly right :) Always awesome to meet an Austen fan :) And my partner is also a prof so I know what you mean about it being... stuffy. He seems to enjoy it though :rolleye:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I kinda feel the same. They're very neat and lovely to watch, but I don't really feel a ton of chemistry or excitement.

No I agree, but I really like that short. Then again, I'm a sucker for arty and elegant. Love the music.

D/R is the opposite to me. That music is so overwrought it's like the aural equivalent of an anxiety attack. But they certainly skated it well.

ETA: I'm also a huge Austen fan. I started a Jane Austen thread on the Reading/Books board you might want to check out.