Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I really like Kailani skating ^^
Btw. Does Yura has 2 assignment?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Looked like I missed something namely Yura Matsuda. Did not see that coming and did not see her skate. Now it is getting even more interesting. If Alisa wins, Serafima gets at least bronze, and Yura beats Yuna Alisa has a chance to make it to the final.

NaVi

Medalist
It's going to be interesting... if Yura Matsuda ends up 1st or 2nd then Wakaba might be replaced next week. And there's a chance Serafima won't make the JGP Final either. We could easily have a 4-2 JGP final either way(And Japan can do it without Wakaba).

Last edited:

Ekm

On the Ice
It's nice to see someone unexpected come into an event skate well and shake things up a bit. Best of luck to her in the free skate.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Looked like I missed something namely Yura Matsuda. Did not see that coming and did not see her skate. Now it is getting even more interesting. If Alisa wins, Serafima gets at least bronze, and Yura beats Yuna Alisa has a chance to make it to the final.

This is why I find all predictions and all the statments about who is going to Final a litlle bit funny when there are 2 or 3 competitions left. No one did take her into accounts, but everyone already counted Serafima for Final. Not every year must look the same for every skaters! But yes, it has gotten definitely more interesting competition than anyone would guess :)

No. But she's a sub for the next JGP.

moriel

Record Breaker
Just looked at the results.

ALISA WON! :cheer: Good for her, even if it's just the short...also, :disapp: at Sima's score. Did she really have that many mistakes? If so, that is really inflated. :no:

Wonder what are the chances of Alisa making it to final now... I think someone calculated what was needed for her to make it...

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
the stand-outs for me are Serafima, Tessa and...Sohyun :)biggrin:)

the judging here is very odd though if you compare it to the scores from the previous JGP events :think:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Wonder what are the chances of Alisa making it to final now... I think someone calculated what was needed for her to make it...

pretty good chance if she keeps up the consistency to win here

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Watched Yura - in fact she was quite good skating gracefully with deep edges. But not as good as Alisa and the score is too close. And to those who analyze Alisa's jumps I would suggest to do the same with Yura's second loop in the combo. I did not go through specific software but at first site it looks like a massive prerotation and underotation. She barely made more than 2 turns at least how the youtube stream shows.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker

I would think the chances of Alisa making the final are about the same as they were yesterday? Nothing won in the SP today, the top 4 are close enough that any of them could finish in any order after the FS.

Also, Alisa finished 1st after the SP in Riga too, but she dropped to 4th the next day, so...

Alba

Record Breaker
Alisa has the best SP among junior. Her jumps are small, though.
I think her PCS is ok, she's the most lovely skater today.

I don't care how high those jumps are as long as she lands them and don't Ur. She is a beautiful skater to watch. The problem is that I'm afraid she will mess up in the long.

Loved Sima too. She has improved a lot and I like the SP very much. I can't wait to see her LP, finally.

Last edited:
Country
Russia
1st place gives very good chance.
2nd place gives chance if other contenders (here and at Zagreb) will skate not so good.

moriel

Record Breaker
I would think the chances of Alisa making the final are about the same as they were yesterday? Nothing won in the SP today, the top 4 are close enough that any of them could finish in any order after the FS.

Also, Alisa finished 1st after the SP in Riga too, but she dropped to 4th the next day, so...

Yeah i know, but thats at least a good beginning.
Oh dunno, just would love to see her in the final =)

Alba

Record Breaker
Just looked at the results.

ALISA WON! :cheer: Good for her, even if it's just the short...also, :disapp: at Sima's score. Did she really have that many mistakes? If so, that is really inflated. :no:

I see nothing inflated with Sima's score. She got ! on the Lutz and all -3 GoE's, from 0 to1 GoE on the 2A. The rest was spot on and she should've got all +3 or +2 for the 3F. I think she deserved more on the PCS actually.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I see nothing inflated with Sima's score. She got ! on the Lutz and all -3 GoE's, from 0 to1 GoE on the 2A. The rest was spot on and she should've got all +3 or +2 for the 3F. I think she deserved more on the PCS actually.

I agree. I like Alisa very much, but I think Sima looks more mature and refined compared to her. And her skating skills are also better than Alisa's.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Watched Yura - in fact she was quite good skating gracefully with deep edges. But not as good as Alisa and the score is too close. And to those who analyze Alisa's jumps I would suggest to do the same with Yura's second loop in the combo. I did not go through specific software but at first site it looks like a massive prerotation and underotation. She barely made more than 2 turns at least how the youtube stream shows.

Agreed! I do not understand how this 3L-3L combo got no UR call and a whopping 1.20 GOE. Whatever the tech panel and judges were smoking I wouldn't mind some...

Leonardo

Final Flight
It's hard to tell from the angle they showed whether she flutzed, but you said this last time and you were wrong then.

She doesn't have a real lutz, but sometimes the technicall panel doesn't notice, it happens all the time. I really like her and I don't think she was overscored, but that's not a real outside edge before the lutz take-off, like Tsurskaya's or Sotskova's. Anyway, it's a beautiful program and she deserved her scores, that's what matters.

chloepoco

Medalist
I cannot find amusement in Yuna S skating. Do not want to be rude but to me she is yet another version of Satoko with just a better jump technique. But the score is fair if Sima's 60 is fair.

If Yuna is another version of Satoko with better jump technique, in my opinion, there's no greater compliment than that. To me, Satoko's skating is gorgeous.