2015 JGP Logroño Ladies SP Oct 1 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Logroño Ladies SP Oct 1

Leonardo

Final Flight
Watched Yura - in fact she was quite good skating gracefully with deep edges. But not as good as Alisa and the score is too close. And to those who analyze Alisa's jumps I would suggest to do the same with Yura's second loop in the combo. I did not go through specific software but at first site it looks like a massive prerotation and underotation. She barely made more than 2 turns at least how the youtube stream shows.

It's true, her second 3lo was totally pre-rotated, barely more than 2 turns in the air.

NaVi

Medalist
She doesn't have a real lutz, but sometimes the technicall panel doesn't notice, it happens all the time. I really like her and I don't think she was overscored, but that's not a real outside edge before the lutz take-off, like Tsurskaya's or Sotskova's. Anyway, it's a beautiful program and she deserved her scores, that's what matters.

Here is her lutz from her previous JGP event... which you also called a flutz. It looks fine to me.

http://s13.postimg.org/3laqvpxfb/Screenshot_15.png

Leonardo

Final Flight
Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding edge calls: All that matters is what the tech panel calls. I think they are way too harsh myself and totally disagree with all the fuss about edges. Shouldn't be more than a 1 or 2pt deduction if there is an honest attempt made. To me it's way down on the list of importance but I'm only one voice in a sea of them I do realize.

#StripThePanel #FreeTheJudges :)

http://s13.postimg.org/3laqvpxfb/Screenshot_15.png

IMO that's a very clear outside edge. A bit shallow but clear as day. Hard to say without motion though ;)

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
1st place gives very good chance.
2nd place gives chance if other contenders (here and at Zagreb) will skate not so good.

I don't know about that.

2nd place would give Alisa 22 points, and place her into a tie with at least 3 other skaters at the moment. I'm not even sure 22 would be enough to even look at tie-breakers, TBH. Very unlikely.

1st place would keep hope alive, but still questionable if it would matter -- Yuna S., Marin, and Sima all have a fairly easy path to 24+ points. Any of them could drastically under-perform, true, but I wouldn't call Alisa's chances 'good' any way you look at this. She still needs to win Spain and hope that other top skaters fall surprisingly short of expectations.

Odds are still not in her favor. (Though, it would be cool if both Sima & Alisa found their way to the final! :agree: )

Alba

Record Breaker
Regarding edge calls: All that matters is what the tech panel calls. I think they are way too harsh myself and totally disagree with all the fuss about edges. Shouldn't be more than a 1 or 2pt deduction if there is an honest attempt made. To me it's way down on the list of importance but I'm only one voice in a sea of them I do realize.

I think they are gonna change the rules the next season regarding this edge issue

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they are gonna change the rules the next season regarding this edge issue

Of course they are :biggrin: They are on a mission to make sure the rules change every single season. For better or for worse. Til death do us part. :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Well, that was surprising. I still want Sima in the JGPF and I hope I didn't jinx her and Yuna Aoki with my wish about them there...

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
So with only 2 JGP events left, is Proklova not going to make it? What happened to her? Is she done with skating cause she is so talented!!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So with only 2 JGP events left, is Proklova not going to make it? What happened to her? Is she done with skating cause she is so talented!!

Hopefully we'll see her qualify for Nationals in the Russian Cup events. She's not done yet although she isn't doing the JGP this year.

burntBREAD

Medalist
The judges really gave out the marks today! These scores would place people within the top 5 at senior worlds! They were very, very solid performances though to be fair.

Despite not having a good day technically Tessa Hong really stood out in terms of her PCS skills - she really hits all the boxes and her movements/posture are incredible, especially for a 13 year old. She actually did "Vocalise" justice, in my opinion!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I missed Yura Matsuda. Thought there were no really good skaters skating in the last group, so I didn't watch it properly. Saw her result just now while checking the protocols :shocked:. I didn't see it coming either.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
the stand-outs for me are Serafima, Tessa and...Sohyun :)biggrin:)

the judging here is very odd though if you compare it to the scores from the previous JGP events :think:

Agree with everything you said :p

I thought Tessa deserve higher PCS too by good 3 points higher. Would have given her 4 if she had Serafima's reputation. See the bunch of 5s from judges 4 and 6... which is rather :rolleye: since the pattern of judging clearly indicate they have used them as placement holders rather than marked according to PCS categories. Her interpretation score for example should be one of the leading ones but ends up ranges from 5.75 to 7.5. I'd mark at least a 6.75 or 7. Some what polished and graceful for a 13 year old who actualized her choreography to the music well instead of going through the motions to deliver the elements. Can you imagine how amazing Tessa can be 4 years time if she survive the growth spurt and have no major injuries or jump issues?

Surprised and impressed with Sohyun too. This is the first time I have paid any attention. It sure is brave for her to pick Danse Macabre, but I thought it was a good attempt for a junior making her grandprix debut. She can benefit from more power, confidence, assurance and presence. It is a solid debut with good foundation to base on. Wonder how well can she do at Nationals. As the commentator says, she has lovely basics and well taught. Great potential, hope she can sustain the momentum to the FS. Nice to know there are good talents and teaching in Korea. I really like her costume too!! Needlessly to say, they both remind me of 'Someone like Yu~' (Insert Adele bluesy song.... nice to see her kind of everywhere these days through the youngsters ;) )

Alisa was lovely like she was last JGP, it will be interesting to see if she can keep it together in the FS this time. These youngsters are impressive, but I don't think their PCS should be that further apart or maybe that high. Alisa received 27.75. but when consider you consider Mao and Carolina used to get around 29, 30s as seniors prior to Sochi, one can't help but :shrug:

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I think I'll go watch some SPs if I have time. Although I really just want to hope Sima wins and we get her, Alisa, and Yuna on the podium. And yay for Anni! :cheer:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Serafima's choreography has great details and I would say her performance is quite sophisticated with lots of nuance, though I prefer her former lyrical style better than this more aggressive one. Her presentation improved a lot from last year, but I guess jumps will continue to be her struggle, since she didn't have the best techniques to start with.

Alissa somehow reminds me of Alissa Czisny, with the pink dress and pink blush makeup, though she does not have the sophistication Serafima has, but she is only 13...I expect Serafima to redeem herself and Alissa will make probably more mistakes in the LP.

Barb

Record Breaker
First time seeing Tessa. She is so graceful and sophisticated to be a 13yo. Plus, she is a doll.

gotoschool

Medalist
I liked Yuna Shiraiwa's performance followed by Yura's the best. They both had wonderful skating skills and Yuna had marvelous musicality, charming expressions, lyrical movements and graceful lines, extensions and steps. Her jumps were also were aesthetically pleasing to me. If she could improve her double axel and final sit spin, it would have been perfect for me, though I really liked her Biellmann and other spins positions. But, Yura glided fluidly with a bit more smooth speed, sophisticated artistry, nice expression, elegant movement and a beautiful arabesque near the end. She was smooth on her jumps, but I wish she could get a bit more height and distance. I thought Alisa also skated really well.

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
omg 'lucky' for me to het the last minute appointment to a doctor & missing my bird
Yay so happy she again won the short!:cheer2::yay::love:
Tho I'm pessimistic the long may disappoint again too:hopelessness: I dont think she wins overall here & can be in JGPF.

This yutube comment is so right on btw!
She is breathtaking in this program. It's like watching some romantic scene from costume movie. Absolutely amazing skating

generous scores all around & wow whats great about JGP is that someone like Yura can pop relatively from nowhere & slay!