2015 Russian Nationals Free Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Free Dance

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
It is true that when somebody is watching skaters in Step Sequence and try to fix “whole body“ – all steps may look well. But from my own experience I know that while you concentrate on edge work only, it can be a real shock that while upper body looks OK, edge and turns are done poorly (which you would never say especially looking at big Hollywood smiles some skaters are using during the program). So it is almost impossible to say how good edges and how much clean turns were executed if you watch whole skater’s body and upper body movements.

Vika and Nikita really showed better FD than at Grand Prix in Moscow – but only from first point of view. In moment when you start to make detail analysis of Technical elements, it becomes worse and worse (but technically still a little bit better than at Cup of Russia).
Thank you once again for your great analysis, sisinka :thumbsup:!

bramweld

Record Breaker
She probably said that before their NKH free dance.

Now is that any way to talk about a team that just got 97+ points at nationals but still managed to finish fourth and off the podium? BTW just how did they get those PCS marks, like seriously. What? Do they feel K is gonna have a nervous breakdown or better yet quit, if he doesn't get the scores he thinks he deserves? Puhlease!:rolleye:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Now is that any way to talk about a team that just got 97+ points at nationals but still managed to finish fourth and off the podium? BTW just how did they get those PCS marks, like seriously. What? Do they feel K is gonna have a nervous breakdown or better yet quit, if he doesn't get the scores he thinks he deserves? Puhlease!:rolleye:

Bram no worries. I have another Yoga class tomorrow. In all seriousness though those PCS aren't going to help them. S/K need to work on connection and basics. Vika chasing him is not artistry. They are not a team that can get the PCS if their Tech is off. I don't feel this music is their style. They should use this time to gel and develop further.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Bram no worries. I have another Yoga class tomorrow. In all seriousness though those PCS aren't going to help them. S/K need to work on connection and basics. Vika chasing him is not artistry. They are not a team that can get the PCS if their Tech is off. I don't feel this music is their style. They should use this time to gel and develop further.

Quite right about that.

elif

Medalist

MarieM

On the Ice
The only one robbed there were IMO Zahorski and Guerreiro who have much better basics than nearly everyone there. Four months or five months together, to skate like that, really is amazing. And with a broken ribb for her. Really a good start for her as russian.
Now we'll have to kick dear Kim-Jong Didier to let her skate ... He probably will ask some ransom of Russia before ever releasing her !

LisaM

Medalist
The only one robbed there were IMO Zahorski and Guerreiro who have much better basics than nearly everyone there. Four months or five months together, to skate like that, really is amazing. And with a broken ribb for her. Really a good start for her as russian.
Now we'll have to kick dear Kim-Jong Didier to let her skate ... He probably will ask some ransom of Russia before ever releasing her !

They were definitely robbed. I had them in fourth over S/K, but as someone else pointed out, they were probably given less because she can't officially skate for Russia (yet). I sure hope she will be released soon, because this new partnership is obviously working.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

I thought they looked absolutely great! And both seemed so happy to be skating together. Yes, they were robbed!!

Did Petukhov/Zhulin choreograph their programs for them? There were some unique and creative things going on, especially compared to the boring dreck they gave M&K :eek:

Last edited:

sisinka

Medalist
I must apologize to Marina Zueva – I translated an article where she planned to got spot for S&K at big tournaments – I thought she was talking about European and World Championships. Winter Universiade never crossed my mind, because as I know S&K don’t fulfill criteria for participating at Winter Universiade.

Winter Universiade‘s rules:
ELIGIBILITY
Participation in the Figure Skating Competition and Synchronized Skating Competition at the
26th Winter Universiade 2013 must fulfill the following requirements (Art 5.2.1 and Art 5.2.3):
a) students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or
diploma at the university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate
national academic authority of their country;
b) former students of the institutions mentioned in a) who have obtained their academic
degree or diploma in the year preceding the event
;
c) be a national of the country they represent;
d) be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on January 1st in the year of the event (26th
Winter Universiade 2013 - The participants must have been born between January 1st,
1985 and December 31st, 1995).

But looking at articles Nikita finished University in June 2013 and because Winter Universiade will be in February 2015 – he will not be eligible anymore.

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10709.html
…from 6th of June 2013
…Nikita: “Today I defended my diploma and did an army swear.“

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/10687.html
…from 2th of June 2013
…Nikita: “Today I am in Moscow…for short time I had to return – to finish University, to defend my diploma.“

I wonder how is it possible that S&K can take part there???

--------------

I found a notice from the beginning of February where Moscow University names their students and graduates - http://mgafk.ru/sobytiya/07.02.2014/tseremoniya_otkritiya_xxii_olimpiyskih_zimnih_igr . Nikita Katsalapov is named in graduates, so he really finished University in June 2013 and since that time he was no longer University student.

Last edited:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
Maybe he enrolled in a masters program. As I mentioned in another thread, he just has to be enrolled. I don't think they check if he is actually attending. And those physical culture institutes are very lenient to elite athletes.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Maybe he enrolled in a masters program. As I mentioned in another thread, he just has to be enrolled. I don't think they check if he is actually attending. And those physical culture institutes are very lenient to elite athletes.

He has to be enrolled at the time of the event so if he's not he can soon. They are just desperate for their season not be over because if it is then its totally over.

LisaM

Medalist
Do they both have to be attending, or is it ok if just one of them is? Because I'm pretty sure Sinitsina would still be a student.