2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD

whatif

Medalist
OMG, am I going to do well with my predictions in dance!!!!!!!!

Haters gonna hate but S/K looked so out of place at this competition. Easy programme or not, they look so sharp, fresh and world podium worthy packaged. Zueva still got it.

Bobrova is still stale. And I don't see it changing anytime or ever.

Elena has always looked vulnerable, in the worst sense of it. And paired with similarly "on the verge" looking Ruslan is not helping. Both are very unreliable.

The most interesting team for the future is Z/G. They already beat Y/M and I can see this continuing.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Elena has always looked vulnerable, in the worst sense of it. And paired with similarly "on the verge" looking Ruslan is not helping. Both are very unreliable.

The most interesting team for the future is Z/G. They already beat Y/M and I can see this continuing.
its unfair to say both I/z are vulmerable. Its just ruslan has always struggled woth lifts, he is not built like nikita nothing we can do aboit that. But that is why he works twice as hard. Wssnt ruslam buffing up at the gym last season

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Well Bobrova/Soloviev now have the world spots probably and I think they can get 3 back... So we've got Weaver/Poje, Capellini/Lannotte, Papadakis/Cizeron, Shibs, and Chock/Bates.... So B/S are ahead of Hubbel/Donohue, and I think Sinitsina/Katsalapov can beat them too so 6+7=13!!! :)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well Bobrova/Soloviev now have the world spots probably and I think they can get 3 back... So we've got Weaver/Poje, Capellini/Lannotte, Papadakis/Cizeron, Shibs, and Chock/Bates.... So B/S are ahead of Hubbel/Donohue, and I think Sinitsina/Katsalapov can beat them too so 6+7=13!!! :)

I would say that's more than doable. We still have to see how they will fare agains C/L and P/C in the Euros, though I don't think it will be a surprise to see one of them at third in the max.

sneakers

Match Penalty
results in english: http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/rusnat1516/SEG001.HTM

1 Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov 73.96
2 Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitry Soloviev 70.21
3 Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin 68.56
4 Elena Ilinykh / Ruslan Zhiganshin 66.75
5 Tiffany Zahorski / Jonathan Guerreiro 61.30
6 Anna Yanovskaia / Sergey Mozgov 57.92
7 Ludmila Sosnitskaya / Pavel Golovishnikov 53.55
8 Anastasia Safronova / Ilya Zimin 43.68
9 Margarita Shestakova / Savely Ugriumov 36.57
10 Angelica Kanivets / Alexei Chizhov 35.46

Last edited:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Does Russian Nationals ever publish the full scoring sheet in pdf format? Or are we just to take the numbers as given?

tvuckic16

Final Flight
My impressions is that the standings do reflect the performances today. The scores are inflated, sure, but after the French and Italian Nationals inflation extravaganza, you can't blame the Russians for inflating their scores too.

SK twizzles were shaky but BS also had shaky twizzles today and IZ fell!...IZ need to stop doing that if they don't want to become synonymous with the word inconsistent.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Tatijana Flade was not feeling I/Z's program. She said the dance doesn't match the music and it is not her cup of tea.

I hate to say it again, but I've been saying that since I heard the music announcement... I like IZ but I am not thrilled with their SD.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What i take away from the Ice Dancing today is people were always saying Nikita was the one that screwed up and made mistakes when I/K were together but the fact is Elena has always been inconsistent too and is prone to silly mistakes.

Last edited:

tinlizzie

Final Flight
I hate to say it again, but I've been saying that since I heard the music announcement... I like IZ but I am not thrilled with their SD.

Ruslena is my favorite Russian ice dance team but the SD music and program is uninspired and tired looking. Bad choice all around. I hope and believe they can make a comeback in the FD! I do love the Freida program.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Who is the best male Ice Dancer from Russia? I think Elena is still the best in terms of female?

The best would be Nikita, IF his twizzling ability would be better. So, I would say it's Soloviev (more consistent and stable overall, but not as 'shiny'). Besides, IN MY OPINION, Nikita has problems with timing in this season's SD pattern. And tech panels are kinda forgiving about that.

As for a female, a lot of strong skaters there: Ilinykh and Bobrova comes to mind first. I would say Elena has stronger basic skills, while Bobrova is much more polished in her steps and turns. I don't know how to answer, I just love both of them.

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist

I think that the coaches saw that Carmen worked so well last season and tried to do programs in the same vein this season, but it just didn't work.
It would've been better to change direction completely rather than try to do another feisty program.
Elena was a woman scorned last season, that is why it worked so well, but her fire is not there this season.