2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ice Dance SD

Lota

Record Breaker
This is a very unpopular opinion for sure, but to me I/Z have never seemed like a team that is very crisp and clean. There have been very few performances where I wasn't afraid that either of them would fall, so this fall and these results aren't that surprising for me to be honest :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Margarita SHESTAKOVA / Savely UGRIUMOV

Wow! This couple are just wee children!

You know, when I was doing my predictions, I was looking up the skaters on Stats On Ice, and accidentally got Margarita mixed up with Natalia Shestakova.

So, I was going to place this young couple by a PB set in the 2005 Cup of China!

Like, now that I've seen them, they would barely have been into Primary School in 2005, never mind coming 5th in a Senior Grand Prix! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tough season for I/z , their programs dont suit them and they have been inconsistent

I don't think the SP does justice to the talent they possess. It really doesn't matter what anyone else is getting scored until they can first maximize their own.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
This is a very unpopular opinion for sure, but to me I/Z have never seemed like a team that is very crisp and clean. There have been very few performances where I wasn't afraid that either of them would fall, so this fall and these results aren't that surprising for me to be honest :slink:

They WERE clean. Almost every short dance of their last season was clean. They were comfortable with it, and it was a masterpiece, they scored very high for it. This season their short dance is over-choreographed, borderline with messy. And after this SD no matter how good your FD is, because to win you actually need TWO great dances, not just one.

So what are the standings and scores??

The results:
http://fsrussia.ru/results/1516/rusnat1516/SEG001.HTM

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
To get the results in English, I copied and pasted the table of results into google translate. Sergei Mozgov somehow got translated into Sergei Brains! :laugh2:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Didn't get a chance to comment it at the time because I was looking up "Monzog", but does anybody know anything about Angelica KANIVETS / Alexei CHIZHOV?

It's just that I thought he looked younger than her, and was wondering if that was actually the case.

CaroLiza_fan
Kanivets and chizov have been im seniors for some time. But they never competed outside domestic events

Lota

Record Breaker
To get the results in English, I copied and pasted the table of results into google translate. Sergei Mozgov somehow got translated into Sergei Brains! :laugh2:

That's because mozgov is the genitive clause of mozgi, which means brain :laugh:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Finally decided to watch I/Z and apart from that freaky fall it was the best I have seen them skate this SP. Shame that judges did not appreciate it as much as I did.
S/K were fast and sharp. Deserved 1st place. However, the score is generous. I mean, twizzles were out of synchr and it seems they did not feel steady on their feet(saw a couple of times when Vika was about to fall or stumble but Nikita caught her at the right time)

Btw, about Y/M. I was surpised this summer when a lot of people saw them as a real threat to the top 3 in Russia or even thought they will have extremely strong senior debut. I saw them last year at Junior Worlds and I have to say, as much as I rooted for them, I was underwhelmed(and I loove their tango). Mozgov is a lot stronger that she is and Anna is rather slow. Honestly, I don't see them doing well in the nearest future(I mean Euro or Worlds team) until their increase their SS, speed in particular.

Last edited:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
I hope I/K gets the third place. Honestly, I cannot stand S/B free dance. It might be the worst free dance I've ever seen this season.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Seems its a pattern kustarova skaters have a hard time transitioning to seniors, more than average russian dancers who also struggle transitioning. Maybe its badnidea to hype loboda and drops too :slink:

Last edited:

katha

On the Ice
An overly generous score at a National Competition. Say it's not so! :drama:
I think the result is correct, but the numbers have been worked out with the "Nationals Score Inflation Calculator" (tm). :biggrin: I think after seeing what sort of ridiculous scores the French and the Italians put out the Russian Fed decided they needed to keep up to keep in the game, so to say. I thought S/K skated fantastic and deservedly lead and it's great to see that apparently they really knuckled down and worked on those TES, these were a weakness in the SD so far. Sharp and on point now. B/S skated well, I quite like their SD and the darker hair looks nice on Ekaterina. :) S/B aren't my cup of tea, but they did good. Their Skating Skills scores are headscratchers, though. I/Z can't keep on doing this, they have become so inconsistent. They haven't skated a clean competition in about a year now, at a certain point the judges will start punishing them for this in earnest. Perhaps they have already started doing so. If they skate clean, they are better than S/B. But they need to skate clean. And the more I see the SD the more I'm convinced it's not a good vehicle for them, it doesn't make them look as good as they could and should look.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I hope I/K gets the third place. Honestly, I cannot stand S/B free dance. It might be the worst free dance I've ever seen this season.

I/K is unforgettable still! I agree!:agree:
hahah I like how they refuse to RIP in people's minds:thumbsup::cool:

Last edited: