2022 World Championships: Rhythm Dance | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2022 World Championships: Rhythm Dance

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I'm gonna start with the wuzrobbed litany...

Wtf C/B. They should be in second and not two points behind H/D. They were magnificent today.
Same for Piper and Paul, how they can be so far behind the Italians, who for me have all the charme and expession of wet towels, is beyond me.

In my opinion it should be
P/C
C/B
H/D
G/P
maybe the Italians
S/D

Nevertheless, very enjoyable competition. I just wish Dai wouldn't have messed up the Twizzles...and good old Daniel Weiss calling him Daisuuuuke...
It's really fascinating how much innovation and stage presence Kana and Dai bring to the table. I wonder what kind of PCS they would get if they were in one of the last groups...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'll say it like I did for Nats - C/B, after all the Michael Jackson and such, is like a stir of breeze on a languid summer night with that program. About the only RD that strongly feels like Midnight Blues to me. Audience felt it, too. Love it.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who are looking at the Billie Eilish pic I posted and thinking "I don't remember a cat in her video", that is Owl Kitty.

A husband and wife adopted her, and she has a very playful nature, and is good in front of a camera. The husband works with video editing, and they've been adding Owl Kitty to numerous videos and movies. It's really funny to watch.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
those outfits - every time I see them......

sxv-wtf.gif
I am old enough (albeit still young) to remember the plethora of tacky/hideous/horrenduous/unflattering etc. costumes from the 90 & 00s in figure skating. Piper & Paul looked absolutely tamevand classically elegant compared to many of those! I wish I could find back that Tumblr blog dedicated to fugly fashion in figure skating with epic captions, but I can't find it back sadly! Maybe it got removed.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm gonna start with the wuzrobbed litany...

Wtf C/B. They should be in second and not two points behind H/D. They were magnificent today.
Same for Piper and Paul, how they can be so far behind the Italians, who for me have all the charme and expession of wet towels, is beyond me.

In my opinion it should be
P/C
C/B
H/D
G/P
maybe the Italians
S/D

Nevertheless, very enjoyable competition. I just wish Dai wouldn't have messed up the Twizzles...and good old Daniel Weiss calling him Daisuuuuke...
It's really fascinating how much innovation and stage presence Kana and Dai bring to the table. I wonder what kind of PCS they would get if they were in one of the last groups...
I think C/B have the superior program and they skated it extremely well, but H/D have them on the edges and power. It is noticeable when you're in the arena. At nationals H/D had a couple bobbles so losing the RD there made sense.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am old enough (albeit still young) to remember the plethora of tacky/hideous/horrenduous/unflattering etc. costumes from the 90 & 00s in figure skating. Piper & Paul looked absolutely tamevand classically elegant compared to many of those! I wish I could find back that Tumblr blog dedicated to fugly fashion in figure skating with epic captions, but I can't find it back sadly! Maybe it got removed.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I think the difference when it comes to tech content between C/B and H/D is small enough that C/B should be able to make it up with better PCS (maybe not SS, but all the other components) if the judges were willing. But alas, they prefer that hideous Janet Jackson stuff (not that the program itself is bad, but the music is just so terrible). C/B have the most interesting lifts in all of ID in my opinion.

cake

On the Ice
Sorry I´m not agreeing to the wuzrobbing regarding Piper and Paul. I´m a big fan, but they had some visible bobbles and they didn´t look as sharp as the other pairs in the last group. The audience reaction seemed to be very reserved. Sadly, they never got their RD into top shape this season.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I know Piper and Paul can't win here but I was hoping they could come back after the Olympics and get a medal. But no they are the only top team to not get a SB. In fact none of the CAN teams got a SB.
So sadly watching the performances in person, out of the top 5 teams I would say P/P had the least attack for their programme. The other 4 felt like they had more energy and drive and really sold their performances. I was expecting P/P to really attack since this is the last time they were performing the RD together, but it felt like they had run out of steam a bit. I would say the scoring throughout the competition was reflective of what was put out on the ice.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Sorry I´m not agreeing to the wuzrobbing regarding Piper and Paul. I´m a big fan, but they had some visible bobbles and they didn´t look as sharp as the other pairs in the last group. The audience reaction seemed to be very reserved. Sadly, they never got their RD into top shape this season.
I unfortunately wasn’t able to watch the last two groups live but, I would note that in the past, whenever Gilles & Poirier have found themselves skating in the last group, their deficiencies have seemed more obvious. They are just not on the same technical level as the very top teams.

No offense to anyone on this board, I know they are very well loved here.