2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada TV and Livestream Info

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Perhaps people should start writing complaints about the Australian situation on FB then? I mean surely, if they aren't going to show it there, Eurosport could contact the ISU with dispensation to unblock Australia?

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Posting that review on Facebook didn't make any difference to the thing I was complaining about. The only thing it succeeded in doing was to get them to reply to my e-mail.

By the way, the complaint was about tv.eurosport.com now re-directing to tv.eurosport.co.uk (or the equivalent page for your country's version of Eurosport). And I was complaining because it meant I couldn't include the "default" Eurosport International schedules in my TV listings posts on here any more.

But, now that there is new ownership (i.e. Discovery), they might actually act on our grievances. I don't know.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:slink: iif they are owned by Discovery, perhaps Eurosport will some day become a US available channel.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The rewind option is of little use to me after this weekend's competitions, I think, because after Skate Canada, the GP series leave the North American continent, and all the other four competitions are at European viewer-friendly times (in the mornings and the evenings, Asian and European GPs respectively). I may miss the Saturday morning streams, but I am pretty sure Eurosport 2 airs those events live, anyway, so I can just watch the television HD recordings instead.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:slink: iif they are owned by Discovery, perhaps Eurosport will some day become a US available channel.

I think that is the plan, actually.

You remember when it was announced that the IOC was launching a channel to promote Olympic sports in between sets of Games (see this thread). And then, when it was announced that Eurosport had won the pan-European rights to the Olympics, it was revealed that this new IOC channel was tied in with the deal (see this post).

Well, since Eurosport is an extremely well known brand (and they paid enough for it!), I reckon Discovery are going to exploit it in as many markets as they can. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Discovery launced Eurosport in America at the same time as they lauch this IOC channel.

But, that is just a hunch. It's not based on anything.

The rewind option is of little use to me after this weekend's competitions, I think, because after Skate Canada, the GP series leave the North American continent, and all the other four competitions are at European viewer-friendly times (in the mornings and the evenings, Asian and European GPs respectively). I may miss the Saturday morning streams, but I am pretty sure Eurosport 2 airs those events live, anyway, so I can just watch the television HD recordings instead.

Same here. Once the skating returns to Europe, I'll be watching on the TV as much as possible too. The Player will just be there for additional coverage of skating and other sports I like that Eurosport cannot show because they are showing other sports LIVE.

At least when they are in Europe or Asia, if I do have to fall back on the Player, I can have the stream just sitting there on the computer. When they are in North America, I can't just do that, as I don't like leaving electrical things switched on overnight when I'm sleeping...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right. As you probably all know, Eurosport did not show any LIVE coverage of the Men's FS, because it was on in the wee small hours of the morning.

Fortunately, there are due to be 1h 30m of coverage on Eurosport 2 at 09:00 GMT (10:00 CET), i.e. 35 mintues from now.

HOWEVER, there is NO SKATING AT ALL being shown on either British Eurosport channel today. :mad:

So, for viewers in the UK and Ireland, if you are subscribed to Eurosport Player, open up a VPN, and go to the Dutch version of the Eurosport Player site, http://www.eurosportplayer.nl/

Don't worry. Although everything is written in Dutch, the procedure is EXACTLY the same as in the English version.

After you sign in, open up Eurosport 2 (it is currently showing snooker). Click on the settings button on the video. On the British version, the only thing you can change is the picture quality. But on the other versions, there is also the option to change the language. On the Dutch version, the options are Dutch (NL) and English (EN). Just click on the EN button, and it will change soundtrack straight away.

And you are ready to go in the company of Chris and Nicky!

(Oh, and don't worry about the snooker. They are flying through the session! And even if they do over-run, it is the programme on after it that is liable to be cut down, as it is a very short highlights programme of something that was previously shown LIVE)

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Snooker only over-ran by 5 minutes. Currently on adverts, and then it's the Men's FS.

See this post to find out how to view.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
CaroLiza do you know if Eurosport will show the gala someday or somewhere (maybe on the player) ?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza do you know if Eurosport will show the gala someday or somewhere (maybe on the player) ?

Yep, it's on the Eurosport Player LIVE tonight at 20:00 GMT. So, for you, that'll be 21:00 CET.

Although, I should warn you, on the player itself the listings says it'll start an hour later than that, because they never bothered to change the clocks last weekend! :rolleye:

I don't think it's going to be shown on the TV, though.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
Yep, it's on the Eurosport Player LIVE tonight at 20:00 GMT. So, for you, that'll be 21:00 CET.

Although, I should warn you, on the player itself the listings says it'll start an hour later than that, because they never bothered to change the clocks last weekend! :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you so much for the info. The commentators didn't say anything about the gala and the player, but on monday (at 11 a.m. my time) I see (on my TV agenda) a generic Skate Canada (120 min) on Eurosport International. The first "highlights" is scheduled for monday at 4 p.m. on Eurosport 2 but they usually show the highlights on Eurosport International... This is really confusing but I hope the "generic slot" is the Gala... (I know I'm a dreamer :rolleye: )

MidnightSkater

On the Ice

CaroLiza_fan

I'm getting really annoyed that so much skating is exclusive to the Eurosport player.
The Gala was scheduled for midnight tonight but has now gone from the listings.
If you get any info on this PLEASE let me know.
Eurosport is SO frustrating.

tzazu

Medalist
According to TSN and Skate Canada Broadcasting Schedule:

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29
10:00 – 21:00 PRACTICE Dailymotion

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30
9:00 – 14:00 PRACTICE Dailymotion
15:00 – 18:00 ICE DANCE SHORT DANCE, LADIES SHORT PROGRAM TSN
19:30 – 23:00 MEN SHORT PROGRAM, PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM TSN2

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31
8:20 – 13:30 PRACTICE Dailymotion
14:00 – 16:00 LADIES FREE PROGRAM CTV
16:30 – 18:00 ICE DANCE FREE DANCE TSN
19:00 – 20:30 PAIRS FREE PROGRAM CTV
20:30 – 23:00 SATURDAY RECAP, MEN FREE PROGRAM TSN

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 07
13:30 – 15:00 GALA TSN2

They've changed the info(this was from 5 days ago), now there's nowhere broadcasting for the gala; I saw it appear yesterday in TSN2 schedule, but not today :slink::mad:

http://skatecanada.ca/event/2015-skate-canada-international/

In a second thought, if TSN is not emitting it, maybe in the ISU channel? Maybe geoblocked in Europe and other places (thanks to Eurosport), but who knows...

Last edited:

badknees

Medalist
So, is here any stream that will work in the U.S? I dont understand why IN never covers the galas.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC is doing their SC coverage right now (until 6PM eastern time) - J/T/T are in the studio in NY - they did not cover the event live.

So far they have showed Ashley's SP and have showed Liza's FS, Polina's FS, Yuka's (on now) and of course will show Ashley. I think they are skipping Kaetlyn (with good reason - nobody wants to see that again) and Kanako.

Then I assume they will show the final flight of the men and possibly Tim Dolensky's free. Would it be too much to ask to show the Shibs' FD?

ETA - no Shibs or Dolensky.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
NBC is doing their SC coverage right now (until 6PM eastern time) ....

Stupid question re NBC's broadcast:

Was a 2015 Skate America podium shot of Jason and Max included in the opening animation of NBC's Skate Canada broadcast this afternoon?

I mean the animation in which video "cards" are "flying" across the screen ... showing footage of the likes of Virtue/Moir, Sarah Hughes, etc.

Silly me wasn't paying close attention :hopelessness:, but out of the corner of my eye, I thought I caught a micro-glimpse of a card showing Jason in his black FS costume from this season ... with the red ribbon of his Skate America medal around his neck?? And I think someone was standing next to him ... Max???

The animation seemed shorter than it has in the past, so I am wondering whether it was both re-edited slightly and updated?

Or was I completely hallucinating???

Last edited:
This makes no sense to me. How many people want to watch GP galas several months after the comp ended???

I think they figure, "the same number of people who want to see it a day or two later." They treat it as entertainment (which it is) that they can throw into an unused time slot some time or other.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Stupid question re NBC's broadcast:

Was a 2015 Skate America podium shot of Jason and Max included in the opening animation of NBC's Skate Canada broadcast this afternoon?

I mean the animation in which video "cards" are "flying" across the screen ... showing footage of the likes of Virtue/Moir, Sarah Hughes, etc.

Silly me wasn't paying close attention :hopelessness:, but out of the corner of my eye, I thought I caught a micro-glimpse of a card showing Jason in his black FS costume from this season ... with the red ribbon of his Skate America medal around his neck?? And I think someone was standing next to him ... Max???

The animation seemed shorter than it has in the past, so I am wondering whether it was both re-edited slightly and updated?

Or was I completely hallucinating???

I just watched it a few times, didn't see anything like that. All the cards seemed familiar to what NBC has used in the past, nothing from this current season.

I think they figure, "the same number of people who want to see it a day or two later." They treat it as entertainment (which it is) that they can throw into an unused time slot some time or other.

There's no time slot with IceNetwork. Their sole business is to provide figure skating content. How difficult would it be to provide a livestream of the gala's to subscribers, or at the very least, provide the on-demand versions within a couple days of the event?