2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25

mnm464

On the Ice
I hope everything goes well for you, mnm464. Which triples have you mastered?

Just salchow and I've worked on the others, but it's not a rush to learn jumps now. only my first year junior, so I want to learn how to compete the double axel and sal now.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Good luck, mnm464!!

Thanks for posting such a detailed report, TrishaG! Elizabet's program sounds lovely. I'm not surprised people thought she was 12 or 13 - she looks absolutely tiny to me on video, so I can only imagine it in person.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
FYI: Juniors Group A will take the ice for the Freeskate in 1hr. 2:30PM EST

Good luck, mnm464!!

Thanks for posting such a detailed report, TrishaG! Elizabet's program sounds lovely. I'm not surprised people thought she was 12 or 13 - she looks absolutely tiny to me on video, so I can only imagine it in person.

There is a video of Elizabet's Detroit performance in Elizabet's Fan Fest all thanks to sunnystars!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Senior ladies groups A and B take the ice following the Junior Freeskate on the same rink.

4:40 EST for group A
7:15 EST for group B

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I just wanted to say that if anyone is watching try to pay attention to Demetra Koris's FS if you get a chance - I did not know she would be here. She was a highlight for me at the Broadmoor Open a little while ago. She made attending the first group worth it for me so hopefully others may enjoy her. I was really impressed with how elegant she looked and her extensions/lines even though she was wearing sorta a Three Musketeers outfit that often is not the most flattering for those aspects - but she overcame it and looked great! I tried to get a pic of her, but it was just not working.

Anyway I thought I would toss it out if anyone wanted a bit of a hidden gem to keep an eye on.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
That was a nicely timed jump by Syndy. When she first came out, her costume reminded me of Madonna in the Material Girl music video and I got all excited. But this is a cute program, too, and she's skating well.

That were some animated gesturing going on at the judges table. I wish it was miked.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Margerie(sp) had nice jumps and good choreo :thumbsup: The music was a bit dramatic but she made it work.

Only other one I saw was Rebecca (purple dress) first one from the second group. Some two foot sloppy jumps at first but a nice presentation and as the program went she became much much better. :thumbsup:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Is Haley Wint (sp?) really skating in glasses! Brave girl. Her costume is GORGEOUS ON HER. I like this music. I like her skating to this music. OH NO FALL!

All in all, I'm a fan. She looked disappointed at the end, but I quite enjoyed it. Good on you, Haley. :clap:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Oooh, Sasha Cohen's dress

....and Sasha Cohen's jumps....and Yuna's layback.

It got much better in the second half. The music picked up and so did her energy.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I am loving this Three Musketeers program. I am not loving this stream.

YEESSSSSS FOOTWORK FENCING! She would be a great show skater.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I am loving this Three Musketeers program. I am not loving this stream.

YEESSSSSS FOOTWORK FENCING! She would be a great show skater.

Her name is Demetra Koris and she really surprised me when I got to see her at the Broadmoor Open, glad someone else enjoyed her.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Her name is Demetra Koris and she really surprised me when I got to see her at the Broadmoor Open, glad someone else enjoyed her.

I did! It's not just that her program is unique, it's that she had the charisma to pull it off. Shame about the jumps, but that's my least favorite part of skating anyway.