2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Detroit Jul 21-25

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My stream has been fine all day. Anyone else having issues? Sometimes deleting your history and/or rebooting your router can help. Good luck.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
My stream has been fine all day. Anyone else having issues? Sometimes deleting your history and/or rebooting your router can help. Good luck.

I'm in a Comsast monopoly zone, so I'm past help. Plus, it's not my computer, so I don't want to mess with the settings.

Michelle Long: I recognize this music. What is this music. Oh, yes- Les Mis. No FS competitin complete without it.

Edit: Ugh, whose vocals are those? I hope it's just the acoustics that are making them sound like that.

I wish I could say something about the skating, but all I got was a slideshow of still frames. :scowl:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm in a Comsast monopoly zone, so I'm past help. Plus, it's not my computer, so I don't want to mess with the settings.

Michelle Long: I recognize this music. What is this music. Oh, yes- Les Mis. No FS competitin complete without it.

Oh well. I like Les Miz a lot anyways....

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think figure skaters need more musicians in their lives. That last cut made no sense and lacked any real feeling during the transition. What could have been a highlight is just a sharp turn IMO. If anything it's a disservice to the skater when the music isn't mixed well.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think figure skaters need more musicians in their lives. That last cut made no sense and lacked any real feeling during the transition. What could have been a highlight is just a sharp turn IMO. If anything it's a disservice to the skater when the music isn't mixed well.

Or maybe people that know how to make mixes. Like in cheerleading we pay someone to make mixes for us....though unlike figure skating, we speed up the music and add in sound effects....

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like alright, I just want to hear less warhorses period.

For instance, Sarah Miller's music. Is she related to Hannah? Is she using Rohene as well? He seems to like these new age selections.

I agree. But then people complain when pop music is used. Then I say, "Bring on the pop music!" If you like it, then skate to it!

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
59.01 Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN), Ice Palace FSC
49.35 Livvy Shilling, Columbus FSC
45.71 Kim DeGuise Léveillée (CAN), CPA de Sorel-Tracy (Canada S5)
43.07 Keiko Marshall, Hamilton SC (Canada)
40.60 Veronique Cloutier

Is this the final group of group A and are they about to skate?

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I agree. But then people complain when pop music is used. Then I say, "Bring on the pop music!" If you like it, then skate to it!

Exactly! Everyone seems to want to 'play it safe', but from what I've seen the judges reward off-beat programs. I think they're as sick of the regular selections as we are.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fall on the 2a is having long term effects. Come on Kieko!!!!:cheer:

ETA: are people ending late or is the sound delayed for the feed? Some people are ending on time and others are way off:confused:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly! Everyone seems to want to 'play it safe', but from what I've seen the judges reward off-beat programs. I think they're as sick of the regular selections as we are.

Like Josh Farris' "Give Me Love" SP. Omg. I LOVED it. I've probably watched it at least 15 times. I mean US nationals and 4CC versions combined.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Ouch. My stream started working just in time for that bad fall. And another. You go girl, she's staying with the performance.

See, this is an example of music I hate that brings out the best in the skater. I can suffer through four minutes of easy listening to watch a skater shine like that.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So if you're going to pick a song with complex time signatures or at least parts of the song that use an odd time phrasing....how about you put some choreography to reflect it. Veronique is shaky to start but finally nailed that combo nice. I'm not getting the feels for this music but maybe she does. Oh well.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
From what I could see in my SLIDESHOW :scowl:, Katelyn did alright. Gracie's doing a tango this year, right? I hope the comparisos don't hurt Katelyn.