2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Wangster!!:yay::cool: we will always expect great musicality, SS, posture and textbook technique from Angela, but did you notice that "Joshua skid" plus Rippon 3loop :agree:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Karen only got lv2 in layback spin, oh Kare please keep it together:disapp: And Kana seems got the only Lv4 step sequence!!

enlight78

Medalist
I don't understand the pcs, I hope they make since when i see the videos, b events are usually inflate pcs, not deflate

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was upset at first that I'd forgotten to set my alarm for Brooklee (ladies started at 4:15am here) and then I read that IN cut out during Brooklee, so...not disappointed anymore ;)

On deck for the pairs. Team Australia to rock the house!

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that was an unfortunate skate by Team Australia... :slink: Was hoping they'd do fantastically.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Am I the only one here?

EDIT: Oh good, I'm not.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that IN still hasn't made available the Ladies SP. Why did they even bother to tweet out false promises, on top of failing to deliver the original live-stream? :disapp:

But that's okay, keep continuing to use that big picture of Satoko to promote this event, even if you can't provide any live-stream or on-demand video of her. :rolleye:

I can't believe I let my IN auto-renewal this year... argh!
Still no ladies SP >:-(

But they have put up Miyahara and Chen's individual SP's. In typical IN incompetent fashion, they don't seem to show up on any screen... unless you do a video search for "2015 International Classic Ladies"...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Angela's PCS were well deserved. She commands the ice. I thought Chen and Miyahara were both somewhat robotic. It's one of those ineffable qualities that doesn't show up on video.

The funnest part of pairs was a boy and his little sister (about 4-years-old) up on the concourse, who decided they would be pairs skaters during the ice make. He was spinning her around and throwing her and finally got her way up in the air in a lift. When they got a big cheer, the little sister ran and hid behind the soft drink machine.

Line of the week so far: "He could skate better if he could see" (Tanaka's short program).

Interesting you think of Karen of robotic. Seems she is someone that people love ("She is a great performer!" Or are lukewarm (as you and others I heard seem to be) when one sees her in person.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Interesting you think of Karen of robotic. Seems she is someone that people love ("She is a great performer!" Or are lukewarm (as you and others I heard seem to be) when one sees her in person.

It's not really performance ability. They both do the choreography and positions and all the rest. It's something that I can only describe as command, or connection, or presence? It's something you can see/feel immediately in person, but I can never see/feel it when I watch video.