2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 42 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I think 27.88 is low PCS for that? I am not a scoring expert, but it seems low to me. I think it is beautifully put together and there are some lovely performance touches. It will develop too so I am excited for her.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed that...thanks! She needs to give it more Sass, but I think it will come with a few more outings. The program itself is really well made and her spins are exquisite.

I agree. It needs more "Fire" as my dance teacher used to say. However, It's a great program and very well choreographed. I look forward to seeing it develop. BTW, What's her second cut of music? It sounds like a piece from Cirque Du Soleil.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I agree. It needs more "Fire" as my dance teacher used to say. However, It's a great program and very well choreographed. I look forward to seeing it develop. BTW, What's her second cut of music? It sounds like a piece from Cirque Du Soleil.

Kanako could give Satoko pointers on performance and Satoko could give Kanako pointers on dealing with nerves. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
But it still does not have what IN had tweeted yesterday: "We will have the full ladies short program available without interruptions available later today."

This is neither full, without interruption, nor provided yesterday. ...

For those who have been waiting:

IN just tweeted that the full Ladies SP now is available (to paid subscribers, of course):

2015 U.S. Int'l Classic - Ladies SP 09/19/15 | 02:00:40

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
For those who have been waiting:

IN just tweeted that the full Ladies SP now is available (to paid subscribers, of course):

2015 U.S. Int'l Classic - Ladies SP 09/19/15 | 02:00:40

IN tweeted that the Ladies SP is available, not that is was necessarily 'full' -- though I would assume that it would be.

I haven't watched all 2 hours of it, but I'm curious where the remaining time went as the event lasted about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Maybe just one ice resurface and 4 warm-ups were edited out?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
IN tweeted that the Ladies SP is available, not that is was necessarily 'full' -- though I would assume that it would be.

I haven't watched all 2 hours of it, but I'm curious where the remaining time went as the event lasted about 2 hours and 45 minutes. Maybe just one ice resurface and 4 warm-ups were edited out?

True that IN did not use the word "full." (I was not pretending to give a direct quote, but it was IN's implication, IMO.)

Regarding the time calculations, I just now answered your post in the Videos thread.

Two hours on the nose would be sufficient for the "full" ;) segment -- if just the resurfacing and warm-ups were omitted, and if the actual proceedings did not deviate from the planned schedule.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Emily Chan won the SP of the junior challenge skate (held in conjunction with the senior competition) by 12 points! :cheer:

robinhood

Rinkside
Satoko's program is exquisite! She's definitely underscored, maybe because how tiny her jumps are. At this point, I think that's not gonna change but one must appreciate her ss: the glide, the effortless speed and coverage of the rink...and her musicality

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Satoko's program is exquisite! She's definitely underscored, maybe because how tiny her jumps are. At this point, I think that's not gonna change but one must appreciate her ss: the glide, the effortless speed and coverage of the rink...and her musicality

Seriously underscored on PCS!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Trying to figure out if there is any prayer of my actually staying awake till Mariah Bell skates or if I should just call it a night...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I find it interesting that people think that she was underscored. Personally, I watched it before I knew the scores and was pretty spot on with the final scores and there was little variance amongst the panel of judges. For reference I tend to score most skater's higher than the final placements turn out to be.

I'm not sure why there is so much talk about her SS deserving a higher score. She sort of lacks not only complexity but the variety I associate with skaters like Mao who will regularly score in the 8's and 9's. Honestly I thought that it looked like a very good 62-64 skate. Good but lacking strong execution and sort of drags a bit during the transitions. I'd love to hear from people though why and more importantly how exactly they would add more points to this score. I'm just not seeing it in the SS or P/E based on this effort but would love to be convinced otherwise.

Last edited: