2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Johanna- I'll remember that name. I enjoy her skating. :clap:

She borked pretty much every jumping pass and maybe winded herself on the last fall. She looked red faced and near tears when she ended. She looks near tears in the KnC. Poor girl. :cry:

robinhood

Rinkside
I find it interesting that people think that she was underscored. Personally, I watched it before I knew the scores and was pretty spot on with the final scores and there was little variance amongst the panel of judges. For reference I tend to score most skater's higher than the final placements turn out to be.

I'm not sure why there is so much talk about her SS deserving a higher score. She sort of lacks not only complexity but the variety I associate with skaters like Mao who will regularly score in the 8's and 9's. Honestly I thought that it looked like a very good 62-64 skate. Good but lacking strong execution and sort of drags a bit during the transitions. I'd love to hear from people though why and more importantly how exactly they would add more points to this score. I'm just not seeing it in the SS or P/E based on this effort but would love to be convinced otherwise.

Well, I'm not a teknik expert but I can see that she got lower PCS than Angela...Choreographically speaking and the way it was delivered, Satoko's program was more than 2 points better than Wang's, imho. The detail in that program with the stepsequence, and the detail in the position in the spins or the spiral is miles better than the other girls at this moment

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
That's what I was thinking :laugh2:

I notice the same about Norway's Anne Line. If that's the Scandinavian style of skating, I'm a fan.

*guards self from rotten tomatos* I like the current girl's Malade better than Adelina's. The jumps aren't there, but the choreography is nicer. She is losing a little of the performance as we go on, though.

Layback11

Record Breaker
JE SUIS MALAAAAAAAADEEEEEEE!!!

COMPLETEMENT MALAAAAAAAAADEEEEEEEEE!

SOMETHING IN FRENCH I DON'T KNOW

JE SUIS MALLLLLLLAAAAADE!!!

PARFAITEMENT MALADDDDDDEEEEEEE!

LYRIC LYRIC LYRIC...

The slow acapella section...

Sad cello solo...

Angsty singing again...

JE SUIS MALAAAAAAADE!!!!

MORE ACAPELLA AWESOMENESS!!

A CRESCENDO!!! BAM!!!

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH :party2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good morning.

Gracious me there is some hysteria in this thread over IceNetwork and the ladies' SP.

I'm here for the ladies FS. It is 8:44am and I do not want to be awake because of stupid F1 qualifying not finishing until after midnight. Pah!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
JE SUIS MALAAAAAAAADEEEEEEE!!!

COMPLETEMENT MALAAAAAAAAADEEEEEEEEE!

SOMETHING IN FRENCH I DON'T KNOW

JE SUIS MALLLLLLLAAAAADE!!!

PARFAITEMENT MALADDDDDDEEEEEEE!

LYRIC LYRIC LYRIC...

The slow acapella section...

Sad cello solo...

Angsty singing again...

JE SUIS MALAAAAAAADE!!!!

MORE ACAPELLA AWESOMENESS!!

A CRESCENDO!!! BAM!!!

I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH :party2:

:laugh2: How long until it transcends to Warhorse status?

Layback11

Record Breaker
I notice the same about Norway's Anne Line. If that's the Scandinavian style of skating, I'm a fan.

*guards self from rotten tomatos* I like the current girl's Malade better than Adelina's. The jumps aren't there, but the choreography is nicer. She is losing a little of the performance as we go on, though.

It was a lovely - understated, less melodramatic crazytown - rendition, but it lacked an awesomely bizarre ending pose/choeographical bit/attempt to KO the judges and for that I cannot stand. :laugh:

Nah, I loved it. :) Pretty dress, too! Reminded me of Alaine's FS dress from last season.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Satoko got almost 30 in pcs for that boring short program at worlds, so she should get at least 29 for a much better program, 27 with 6.xx in pcs is ridiculous for her.

Layback11

Record Breaker
:laugh2: How long until it transcends to Warhorse status?

When I finally memorize the words. :laugh2:

The only ones I know now are "je ne reve plus, je ne fume plus", the chorus, something about "ma mere mon desposir (sp?)" and "je suis fatigue." :rofl:

And I would not be able to spell that without the internet. So it's safe to say it won't be a warhorse for quite a while. :laugh2: