2015 Winter Universiade | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't Alena just go into the lead?

Yep, she did.

But, after looking at the detailed results, I see most of that big lead was from the SP. She was only 1 point ahead of Mae-Berenice in the FS.

So, I suppose I can claim I was right when I said it would be close. Close in the FS! ;) :biggrin:

Awww. Laurine has gone into 5th and is upset. She is in floods of tears.

Voodoo time. (Oh no, I just remembered this is the routine with the awful edit!)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What do you reckon? Did Roberta make the mistake of looking into a mirror and have the voodoo work on herself?

10th in the FS, dropping her to 5th overall (with just Nishino to go)

Well, I suppose this puts Roberta nearer where I would have expected her.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yes!

Finally a freaking medal for Maria...and silver for Mae-Berenice! :cheer:

edit - I just remembered Maria got silver at the Golden Spin of Zagreb, but we never got to see it, so it doesn't really count, in my book...

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Kostya, definitely Kostya…considering Maria's fall. :eek:

Yup, it's Menshov.

I'll finish writing after Nishino.

Am I missing something? Have Konstantin and Maria split up or something? Because I can't understand why he would want Maria to fall.

My goodness. Look at the dancing goat! :laugh:

Looks like they are setting up the ice for the podium ceremony. So, don't be closing the stream yet!

CaroLiza_fan

Ava Moore

On the Ice
Am I missing something? Have Konstantin and Maria split up or something? Because I can't understand why he would want Maria to fall.

My goodness. Look at the dancing goat! :laugh:

Looks like they are setting up the ice for the podium ceremony. So, don't be closing the stream yet!

CaroLiza_fan

N'aww, he did voodoo on Roberta because he wanted to protect Maria and keep her on the podium. :laugh:

Ekm

On the Ice
So glad Mae Berenice was able to move up! Congrats to Alena and Maria as well, and I'm pleased Laurine finished in the top 4.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
N'aww, he did voodoo on Roberta because he wanted to protect Maria and keep her on the podium. :laugh:

Ah! Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. I get it now! He was getting revenge for Maria's fall!

Just compared my predictions to the result. When you take out Helgesson (who is discounted from the predictions because she withdrew), I got the podium right!!! :cheer:

A note for the scorers. Nathalie Weinzierl withdrew after the SP, so she gets discounted as well.

But, even with those two withdrawals, it won't take Roberta up enough for me to score any points from her. :disapp:

Podium Ceremony just started

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratz to the all medalists, so happy for mae, seeing her crying was sad but i hope that was happy tears
little note for alena, i just love her SP, its brilliant and she skates it brilliantly, but i dont think tango is good for her, i think she sometimes gets lost in it and finds herself in chaplin routine
mariaa, so beautiful omg! :love:

and during medal ceremony i think mae was smiling the biggest!! also i think she got the biggest applaud :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, what was that they just played? Does FISU have their own anthem that they play at podium ceremonies? Or, was it a mistake?

Whatever it was, Alena looked very uncomfortable with it!

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm really happy for Mae-Berenice finally getting a medal outside of France since 2013! Yay! :cheer:

Based on the participants' careers, Mae's winning silver would be anticipated.
However she was not in a good shape at Euro, so this could be a turning point for her. I hope she could do more at Worlds. :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
and during medal ceremony i think mae was smiling the biggest!! also i think she got the biggest applaud :cheer:

She was smiling because they played the wrong anthem, and she thought it was funny!!! :laugh:

Suffice to say, the Russians didn't!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: