2023 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
really? i'd love to see it :) Babs stare has been unmatched for years.... it may be fun to make a meme out of it... if @yesterday is available... haven't seen them in a while (where are you??????)
It was towards the end of the partnership - one of their last skates together, and it was a big competition, that's all I can remember! It was memorable enough for my husband (who has minimal interest in skating) to remember her glare!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
In fact, Deanna is just the sweetest thing ever when interacting with fans! She and Maxime will stay out there happily signing autographs, accepting congrats, etc., until the point where the Canadian team officials literally force them to leave. I have seen this at multiple comps! Please don’t be intimidated :)
Thanks for the insight :). I actually admire her confidence and high standards she seems to demand from herself, the partnership (I'm similar work-wise) and I get this comes with the intense look. IF I get to Montreal and Thursday is included, I will certainly think about a red/golden crown for Deanna - I really root for her and Maxime making the podium everywhere they go this season:)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks for the insight :). I actually admire her confidence and high standards she seems to demand from herself, the partnership (I'm similar work-wise) and I get this comes with the intense look. IF I get to Montreal and Thursday is included, I will certainly think about a red/golden crown for Deanna - I really root for her and Maxime making the podium everywhere they go this season:)
if you make it to montreal, make it for the week... so expensive to travel already :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been one of those fans speaking with Deanna, at a small summer comp when she was skating with Nate. Very kind and gracious.

And so tiny; I think that was when I first realized just how small (and fierce) pairs girls can be.

Go for it, Beatrice! (both traveling and crowns ;) )

Seven Sisters

Medalist
:laugh:, don't tempt me, I'm already fixed on the idea because I NEED my Piper and Paul seasonal dose fix (plus those programs need to be decorated), just calculating on how much money I can delude myself :laugh:
I actually was thinking of you and your lovely crowns while watching the Taschlers at Skate America. They simply MUST be crowned for that FD, I thought to myself—because it really spoke to me. I found myself hoping that you would encounter them competing somewhere in Europe later this season.

But, Worlds in Montreal would do nicely!!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Oh no, Italians. I did not need flashbacks from Cats - nightmare fuel movie here. I've heard good things about the original musical though.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Polish TV commentator just called the older cat "stiff" as well as "less while" of two lol. I am giggling past 3AM local time.