2015 Winter Universiade | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
^But when you look at the schedule over live events, they don't list figure skating...

From what I have been able to glean so far, it looks like the website will only show skating as part of the "daily highlights," so...probably not live. However, Spain's TDP channel has a listing for the men's short program tomorrow:

13:30 DIRECTO PATINAJE ARTÍSTICO UNIVERSIADA DE INVIERNO 2015 PROGRAMA CORTO MASCULINO DESDE GRANADA

The competition begins at 11:00 AM Granada time, and according to the listing they will broadcast 2 hours, so I don't know what to expect. The more interesting skaters are scattered throughout the entire starting order, so will they show delayed "highlights," or will they just show the last groups live... :confused: And then as I look through the listings for the next few days, they have skating scheduled - but it's repeats of the Europeans in the schedule every day through Sunday. Now, why they would tease us with only the men's SP and then show repeats of the Euros is beyond me, so I'm hoping there is a mistake somewhere.

Livestream link for TDP (Hola required unless you live in Spain, I assume):

http://www.rtve.es/directo/teledeporte/

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Thank you. I have added the link (and the tables) to the Predictions thread.

Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, there have been some changes to the entry lists.

Firstly, there is now a Belorussian couple competing in the Pairs competition, and the 2 Dance couples that FISU previously listed in Pairs (Uzurova / Ali and Yermak / Shumski) have now been moved to the correct category.

Secondly, the number of entries in the Dance competition has increased to 13 with the addition of Aubry / Bellingard and Nishimura / Suzuki.

Thirdly, there is now a second Turkish entry in both the Ladies competition (Sinem Kuyucu) and the Men's competition (Engin Ali Artan).

Finally, Chafik Besseghier has withdrawn from the Men's competition.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hope Artur wins this. Or at least medals here, there are a few strong men that it wouldn't be bad to lose to.

cleo2070

Final Flight
Kozuka... :confused2:
1. KOZUKA Takahiko JPN 77.15 41.35 37.80 7.90 7.45 7.20 7.70 7.55 2.00

currently followed by
2. BJORK Marcus SWE 53.10
3. FORGO Kristof HUN 46.89

alebi

Medalist
well... I'm imaging that the first deduction for Kozuka is the quad attempt... I wonder what's the second... even the combo? 41 in TES isn't THAT bad...

cleo2070

Final Flight
probably two falls :( or, as alebi suggests, time violation. or, more rarely, a button or something falling off the costume...
alebi, i agree 41 TES isn't bad and 77.15 overall is a pretty good score, but... i confess i was hoping (especially for his sake) that it would be better. well, there's still tomorrow... go Kozuka!

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
next group will be interesting for me. I haven't seen Nang Song skating for a long time while Liebers shown a decent condition during Euro, after the injury. He can only improve. Gorshkov can be the surprise (especially in a short program)

alebi

Medalist
probably two falls :( or, as alebi suggests, time violation. or, more rarely, a button or something falling off the costume...
alebi, i agree 41 TES isn't bad and 77.15 overall is a pretty good score, but... i confess i was hoping (especially for his sake) that it would be better. well, there's still tomorrow... go Kozuka!

I don't think 41 in TES is calling two falls in two technical elements... I'm thinking a fall in a good attempt to a quad (maybe underrotated) and another casual fall or something that don't involve the GOE. So we can be optimistic :)

PE is his worst score in PCS... I'm pretty sure he fell down during a transitional moment too... aaaah Kozuka!! :bang::laugh:
(it's hard to figure out a performance only reading the scores.. but it's pretty entertaining too!)

Last edited:

cleo2070

Final Flight
(it's hard to figure out a performance only reading the scores.. but it's pretty entertaining too!)

:agree: yep, definitely!
It's nice to read such insightful remarks about the program, I wonder what the next skaters will do... rooting for Liebers and curious about the others!

alebi

Medalist
till now very low TES scores... GO LIEBERS!

edit: 2 Q LIEBERS Peter GER 73.23 36.78 36.45 7.35 7.00 7.35 7.30 7.45 0.00 #9
a bit lower than Euros but at least another 70+ score

Last edited:

cleo2070

Final Flight
lol, right :)

and...
2. SONG Nan CHN 73.48 (40.38 + 33.10) - not bad!
4. GORSHKOV Gordei RUS 66.31 (32.81 + 34.50) - decent, I'd say, and about his level if I remember Russian nats correctly

alebi

Medalist
good score by Nan SONG!! It's also his first competition after a long time, so I'm twice happy for him :cheer2:
I'll use the ice resurfacing break to have my lunch... I'm also not so much interested in group 3 (I'm not a big fan of Hino... sorry), I'll be back for group 4 with Ponsart and Gachinski :party: