2016-17 GPF Pairs FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs FS

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The lift dismount was scary. They should change the mirroring 2A in the opening to just normal one as Peng made a series mistake after that.

Though Krisit and Rudy were really good at the mirroring SBS.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh wow, disaster skate for them. :sad21: I'm just really glad she's okay and didn't crash out of the lift. Hopefully they can go home and regroup and not let it affect them.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was a scary fall out of the lift but he did well to save her. Again problems with her jumps, in the replay she was way off on the 2A. It's a horrible version of that song they are skating to. I still think they have potential.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Considering they're a newly formed pair, I'm okay with some shaky performances. They have time to improve.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone else wonder if China will wait for Peng to jump consistently? Somehow I don't think they will wait forever like the song says.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
I don't know. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE Peng, but at this point I'm thinking that it is a hopeless situation. Actually, I'm feeling that Wang/Wang might be also thanking the Chinese Fed because now they might actually have a chance to be China #3. I don't want to give up yet, but... sigh.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
That lift was a nail to the coffin. They are last overall :(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
So, all things considered, not too bad for the Russians, they came here as seventh, right? And they leave no worse than fourth.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
She lost the balance on the descent of the lift.

Will there ever be a Chinese pair who doesn't mess up the FS???

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Having heard Eric Radford talk about this program I think it's a huge middle finger up to the haters. Made me kind of love him more. He's afraid people hate them because he's gay. That made me sad. I felt like saying "No Eric. People hate Meagan. They seem to like you just fine."

TGee

Record Breaker
OH MY GOD Thank GOD for that save on the fall on the lift

The first lift was a near thing too. She was off centre and starting to fall away from him. He caught and pulled her down before it was as visible. He earned a great deal of my respect as a pairs guy today...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Does anyone else wonder if China will wait for Peng to jump consistently? Somehow I don't think they will wait forever like the song says.

I'm not sure it matters. The fed's attention is on Y/Z and S/S. P/J might have something to worry about if a good junior pair comes up

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gymnasts with razor blades. Careful out there guys - no injuries please!