2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Japanese National Ladies FS

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Daisuke is really gentle with the skaters because he competed until recently, many of them are part of his own career. I don't see him suddenly criticizing everything like other commentators who haven't been competing for decades, because the feeling of actually being there is still fresh in his mind.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Mao was trying not to cry when answering Dai's questions

I just love her so much. :)

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Congrats to Satoko for 3rd peat and Wakaba but especially Mai!! She has been a force to reckon with since her comeback from illness!

But I am mostly shocked by Yuka being last!!!!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Pogomon Go!

Anyway, Satoko wouldn't have made the podium in Russian Nationals. Are Russian Nationals more inflated? Or are they just better? Who knows....
Just notice the fact that Mihara received for a clean skate PCS at the same level which she received for not-clean performances in international competitions

iamchrislao

On the Ice
Oh Mao-Chan. U are still exquisite. Rest and regroup. Skate like u have nothing to prove. 2016 hasn't been kind to most of us anyway. 2017 will be our reaping.

aragray

Rinkside
Yeah I'm not sure what the current rules are but the program layout is 3 Lz / 3 F + 3 T / LSp / FSSp / StSq / 2A + 3 T / 3 S / ChSq / 3 Lo / 3 F / 2A + 1 Lo + 3 S / CCoSp . Perhaps that jump content is not actually allowed?

Khoai

Match Penalty
Yeah I'm not sure what the current rules are but the program layout is 3 Lz / 3 F + 3 T / LSp / FSSp / StSq / 2A + 3 T / 3 S / ChSq / 3 Lo / 3 F / 2A + 1 Lo + 3 S / CCoSp . Perhaps that jump content is not actually allowed?
She can not repeat more than 2 triples. This layout has two 3F, two 3T and two 3S. It is wrong and she can not do it. Rule does not allow. Unless she has 3A, there is no way for her to do 8 triples.

aragray

Rinkside
She can not repeat more than 2 triples. This layout has two 3F, two 3T and two 3S. It is wrong and she can not do it. Rule does not allow. Unless she has 3A, there is no way for her to do 8 triples.

Thanks, that makes sense :laugh: I thought there was something weird about it, just forgot which rule made it not feasible.

Khoai

Match Penalty
I think Wakaba deserves higher PCS than Mai but that's just my opinion.
She should replace the 3F in the SP by 3Lo and she will be all good. Potentially she is best at jump quality and skating skills among the young Japanese ladies.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Marin is so smooth...what do you guys think, should she go senior for Olympic season? Does she have a chance?