2016 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Pairs SP

skatemouse

On the Ice
Go S/k of the USA!!! Rockit in the long! Wooohoooo love that the USA has a team that is working hard and keeps improving. This is a hard comp after Nationals with travel etc. So just keep pushing it! It is all a learning curve so stay together and keep learning! YOU GUYS will get there this is exciting!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Woah. That's a 6 pts difference. Never thought the judges would do it.

I am not so sure why judges will dump D and R so fast, and while a different event, hold up Gracie. Gracie is not Yuna or Carolina but they held her up nicely. In the past, which was a different system two falls in the short often meant you aren't qualifying for the fs at worlds. d and r may not be peeps fave but they don't deserve to be treated so badly. I should be closer; I do like s and h and predict they will be champs here and maybe worlds - almost a coronation but I don't think d and r should be treated so harshly or the same treatment is deserved of Gracie.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Omg I think they did not know they actually did not overrun by listening to what they said in the K&C.

Yang: Why it is a -2 deduction? Did we overrun?

Hongbo: It's a -2?

Yang: Yes -2. We overran.

Xiaoyu: Yah...

Hongbo: A -2 it counts the 'front' (the name calling) or the 'behind' (when the skating ends)?

Yang: the 'behind'.

They all nodded as if they agreed. NOOOOOOOOOO!!! YOU DID NOT FINISH AFTER THE MUSIC!!! TALK TO THE REFEREE!!!

shyne

Final Flight
I am not so sure why judges will dump D and R so fast, and while a different event, hold up Gracie. Gracie is not Yuna or Carolina but they held her up nicely. In the past, which was a different system two falls in the short often meant you aren't qualifying for the fs at worlds. d and r may not be peeps fave but they don't deserve to be treated so badly. I should be closer; I do like s and h and predict they will be champs here and maybe worlds - almost a coronation but I don't think d and r should be treated so harshly or the same treatment is deserved of Gracie.

What makes you think D/R was "treated badly"? They got a under rotated call on a hand-down 3Lz, lost points technically. And they skated right after S/H and the differences in their skating skills is very obvious.
The judges did the right thing.

s_parks

Record Breaker
She said something about "leg" and "hurt" in the K&C, but I didn't understand it properly. Hope she'll feel better tomorrow.

Meagan also updated on twitter than she had the stomach flu. Hope she feels better for the fs!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Callers were very harsh with time violations throughout the whole event, Weird

They were super strict. I noticed that S/K got a level 4 steps while D/R and S/H (who usually get level 4) did not.

Judges definitely got it right though. S/H were spectacular! Beat Stolbova and Klimov's personal best SP, and smashed their own. I think they've done their SBS and throw better in the past but overall great attack and presentation.

D/R were clearly not with it today (Meagan seemed in pain, and gave Eric some disconcerted looks throughout which made them tentative. I also hate what they've done with rearranging the program and loved the throw on the opera crescendo. Maybe they're trying something different since their SPs haven't been working out.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What makes you think D/R was "treated badly"? They got a under rotated call on a hand-down 3Lz, lost points technically. And they skated right after S/H and the differences in their skating skills is very obvious.
The judges did the right thing.

Agreed. I'll have to check again but I remember thinking the lutz was UR. If it wasn't, they'd have about 74-75 points, which is high but about right. And S/H deserved to be a bit ahead on PCS too... way sharper. Sucks that Meagan was ill, but good on her for continuing (love that dress too!).