2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies FS

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@andyjo24
Gubanova probably likes her, or her music, she also used Swan as SP. I think her Swan is really exquisite, I will watch many times. but for R&J. it is SoYoun's.:eek:: SoYoun maybe not a top tier skater. but that piece really speaks volumes. R&J has been picked up by many young skaters after SoYoun's performance.
Worried about Gubanova's jumps though...

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Oh dear...that was a bit of a rough skate. :hopelessness: But I love this girl. I hope she can continue to improve. :clapper: And bonus points for using Lea Salonga's version! :biggrin:

Lea Salonga is an indisputable legend and all-time great on Broadway... Anyone who's a musical fan should know her :luv17:

Oh okies I thought you're Filipino..😁 It would be nice to meet some fellow here..😊

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
um a -3 GOE for a step out??? Isn't it too harsh? Literally if it wasn't for this -3 Rika would've won...

sneakers

Match Penalty
Rika really reminds me of a young Mao, great speed, beautiful knee bends and has a 3 axel. I thinks he will be the star this season and the next.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Thoughts on who I've seen:

Wessenberg: strong presentation and SS, but she needs to GET IT TOGETHER!

Aoki: a beautiful disaster, as usual.

Lozko: insane spins, nice dress and footwork, URs on everythig, why, I thought Russians didn't underrotate, please teach your skaters proper jump technique

Gubanova: beautiful, best presentation by far, but her 3-3s freak me out

Kihara: ouch, nice try though, program and interpretation seem generic, but nice jumps, better luck next time.

Lozko always had problems with URs, the jumps were visibly underrotated too.
Nugumanova also has problems with URs.

Gubanova hopefully fixes her 3-3 techniques.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
None of the top girls showed their A game today and yet the first two got 185. The clean skates will bring new junior records this season for sure.

I cannot say I liked Rika's skating today. After the terrible fall she was too tense and focused on elements at the expense of projecting. Gubanova was much more fluid. I would give her even bigger margin in pcs than she received. Then their difference in TES is somewhat perplexing. I expected Rika to win anyway because of her SP lead. But I am fine with the result as Nastya is too gorgeous a skater. But we will surely see Rika next time. If she nails 3A she will be more relaxed and I keep thinking that then she will be unbeatable.

Poor Alisa. Her GP seems to be over - it's may be for the better - she has to work on jumps to get back in the game. Then she will be a star no doubt.

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Oh dear...that was a bit of a rough skate. :hopelessness: But I love this girl. I hope she can continue to improve. :clapper: And bonus points for using Lea Salonga's version! :biggrin:

Lea Salonga is an indisputable legend and all-time great on Broadway... Anyone who's a musical fan should know her :luv17:

I don't know if dna5019 is... I'm Taiwanese myself, but I've been a fan of Lea's since 1990 :)

Oh wow im here in taiwan working though..😊

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Oh wow im here in taiwan working though..😊

:cool2: I'm Taiwanese but I've been living and working in Hong Kong now for many years

Back to the free skate... I just realized Rika has an 8-triple program. Imagine if she had landed the 3A... with no edge and UR calls she would've become the first lady to do 8 ratified triples in a long program. How insane is that :laugh:

I'm hoping it happens for her this season!

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
what do you mean her JGP is over ? isn't she assigned to another event or will she be replaced ?.

I think she will be replaced if Fedichkina and Samodurova do not bomb next week. With the third place now to get to JGPF she has to win in Saransk against uninspiring but rock solid Shiraiwa, not speaking about Konstantinova and Nugumanova. Looks like impossible.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I think she will be replaced if Fedichkina and Samodurova do not bomb next week. With the third place now to get to JGPF she has to win in Saransk against uninspiring but rock solid Shiraiwa, not speaking about Konstantinova and Nugumanova. Looks like impossible.

you mean her JGP assignment in Russia, that spot might be taken by Sofia Samodurova or Alisa ?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Really close competition between Gubanova and Kihira. I honestly thought that Kihira had done enough to hold on.

Of the two I much preferred Gubanova's performance, she is a really expressive skater and should have been scored higher on PCS. Kihira really came back fighting after that horrible fall on the 3A, it looked really nasty. I think maybe after that she focused on the jumps as her performance wasn't as good as yesterday. I would have given Gubanova a bigger lead in PCS and have Kihira winning the TES. Regardless, two big scores thrown down by both ladies.

I was a bit disappointed with Lozko, she seemed a bit rushed and got called for a few UR. I'm not sure the Russians will give her a second assignment. Her coach Mishina seems really lovely and supportive. I also watched the 3 skaters from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, good to see them taking part but it was amazing the gap in quality between them and the top contenders.

emzdeluxe

On the Ice

I don't know if dna5019 is... I'm Taiwanese myself, but I've been a fan of Lea's since 1990 :)

:cool2: I'm Taiwanese but I've been living and working in Hong Kong now for many years

Back to the free skate... I just realized Rika has an 8-triple program. Imagine if she had landed the 3A... with no edge and UR calls she would've become the first lady to do 8 ratified triples in a long program. How insane is that :laugh:

I'm hoping it happens for her this season!

Yeah too bad with the 3A fall but I guess had Gubanova skated 2 clean programs Rika would not win either..

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
you mean her JGP assignment in Russia, that spot might be taken by Sofia Samodurova or Alisa ?

Or even Gubanova. She has to get just the third place there to qualify for JGPF. Looks like quite passable unlike the win for Lozko. For Nastya even the fourth place may work out as she will be ahead of those with 2+3.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just looked at scores details. Lozko's details score looks very scary. Almost every jump underrotated. :dbana: Bad skating for her today.

lbamda

On the Ice
I wonder why Gubanova didn't get -3 across the board for her combo fall.
But those two -2 that counted for GOE are the difference between a first and a second place.

Rules have changed. Was: put -3 automatically. Now it is considered as the sum GOE. For example: (+1,in musical accent,difficult beginning of a jump)+(-3, fall)=-2

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has it always said Interpretation of the music in the protocols?

Rika scored under 2pts on the 3a? Yikes..

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Just looked at scores details. Lozko's details score looks very scary. Almost every jump underrotated. :dbana: Bad skating for her today.

It was so visible too ...... :slink:
I had high hopes for her this season, better sort them out for next year or junior nationals.