2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Australian and Canadian judges against Alisa :sarcasm: giving her 4.75 and 5s. What is wrong with them?...

(don't they like Russian programm and music?)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Australian and Canadian judges against Alisa :sarcasm: giving her 4.75 and 5s. What is wrong with them?...

Yeah, that's a little harsh. I've seen worse programs getting higher notes... I guess the judge will have a talk, with those who evaluate the judges.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
The problems with the spins were quite noticeable but stsq I'm not so sure.

Everyone got lvl 2 for stsq today except Orser's kaz girl, Yelim , Mako and Mexican girl who was only who got lvl 4 :)

hugo

On the Ice
Alisa and Sofia were IMO a bit underscored in comparison to Mako. And I think it was a tactical mistake of RusFed to send Alisa to Japan. Now is very possible that she won't be on GPF :(

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well lets jut say they'll make russian won win in JGP Yokohama same as japanese wont win in JGP Saransk. :noshake:
this :laugh::hopelessness:

happy that at least Liza wasnt sent here

applaud the audience 1 more time! what great ppl! more competitions to Japan pls!

Hopefully Marin willr edeem herself in the free!!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That final group was going so well. I doubt Katie Pasfield got the full quota of bad luck that was allocated to that group.

I really enjoyed that competition. Medal contenders in the first group, medal contenders in the final group, and lots of promising skaters in between.

But the highlight was for me was Ananya Murthy Thiruvallam. She may have a score much lower than we are used to seeing at an ISU competition, but she was so happy just to be there and was just totally adorable.

Really dithering over what to do for the rest of the day. Yokohama Men's SP, Lombardia Trophy, or Misano MotoGP Free Practice.

CaroLiza_fan

sneakers

Match Penalty
this :laugh::hopelessness:

happy that at least Liza wasnt sent here

applaud the audience 1 more time! what great ppl! more competitions to Japan pls!

Hopefully Marin willr edeem herself in the free!!

well Marin has always been inconsistent, same with Alisa. so anything can happen.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Alisa and Sofia were IMO a bit underscored in comparison to Mako. And I think it was a tactical mistake of RusFed to send Alisa to Japan. Now is very possible that she won't be on GPF :(

She actually barely got there last season finishing 2nd and 4th in her GPs. We will see.
Plus, this season Russian Fed has many girls of the same level. If not Alisa, then some ohter contender would have to compete here...

Best of luck to Alisa and Sofia in FP! I am quite mad at the scoring today, so I want them to skate at their best and then...well, their faith is in judge's hands.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpjpn2016/jgpjpn2016_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf Ok, Sofia lost levels on spins. And both Russian ladies has only lvl2 on stsq...

Well, I can see why the judging panel marked the level for the two skaters' stsqs. As Alisa landed all of her jumps, I at first thought she made a great comeback from the ankle injury, but her stroking and stsq were no near to her own level last season. She skated very tentatively and much slower than last season (her stsq and SS were her strength I thought last season), so I assume her ankle is not still fully recovered. However, unlike some people's opinion, I think her choice of music suits her character very well.

However I don't know about how the judges gave Mako that score. I would accept if her score is about 61 or 62.

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I don't think judging was THAT awful today, I would question Mako 's combo GOE and rotation of the toe, it was ur ! Alissa was pretty slow today, and her levels weren't there,so I can see why she got low pcs. As for Sofia e on lutz and flying camel problems were evident even without slow mo. She has great ss but I agree with sunnystars definitely not the best of this competition.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really dithering over what to do for the rest of the day. Yokohama Men's SP, Lombardia Trophy, or Misano MotoGP Free Practice.

CaroLiza_fan

Just found out that most of the Junior comeptitions at the Lombardia have already been held. And when I went into the archives of the Livestreams, EVERY SINGLE ONE had the audio removed due to copyright infringement. And the Junior Ladies SP was removed completely! :eek:

Right, that's it decided. I'm off to Bergamo!

Arrivederci!

CaroLiza_fan

bookworm94

Rinkside
I haven't seen anyone apart from Sofia Samodurova, Alisa Fedichkina and Ananya. But I feel the need to share my excitement for Sofia! What a lovely skater she is. For a 14 year old she shows great musicality. Her skating is very smooth and elegant. ALso the jumps looked fine to me. She didn't have the greatest height on the lutz, but apart from the edge problems, she seems to have asolid technique. I hope to see and hear more of her in the future. Alisa's skating is just as elegant! I hope she can improve the height on her jumps, because they are almost always a tiny bit short of rotation and that could be a problem in the free skate when she gets tired near the end.
Ananya, the girl from India, deserves appreciation for putting herself out on the ice, even if she clearly hasn't been training for a long time. I think it is always nice to see skaters from rather "exotic" countries. I hope she's enjoying her time in Japan :)

hugo

On the Ice