2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What to name your baby girl if you wish for her to take up figure skating :think:

Polina!!!

I never posted it, but last year I decided to do an experiment of an "Alphabet of Polinas".

You see, with the way we refer to the Polinas by the initial of their surname (all thanks to Polina Korobeynikova having such a long surname!), I was curious to see if we could make up a complete alphabet of skaters named Polina.

Even without getting it completed (when I reached 50 Polinas, and was still no-where near the end of the list, I decided to give up), I had multiple skaters for nearly every letter! :laugh:

So, yes, Polina is the name of choice! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MalAssada

Medalist
Funny. In my supersticious mind, all Polinas are doomed to fail. Remember the three Polinas? And Tsurskaya was injuried for months.

bluelutz

On the Ice
So many of the medal contenders skating early :eek:

In my area, it will start @1:45 am.
So I will stay up late and watch first 7 girls, and go to bed.
Then I will wake up in the morning to watch boys.
Only one contender I will miss is Samodurove, but I can watch her later on youtube JGP channel.
But I do not know what to do with Lombardia stream.:palmf::think::scratch2:

grotesm1

Rinkside
I hope AShley Kim does well in Yohohama. Wish her the best.
Wish Gabrielle noullet the best too. Hope the USA girls do a good job.

Anyone know why Ashley Kim apparently withdrew from JGP in Japan? I didn't see her name in the list of starting order for the Ladies Short.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So many of the medal contenders skating early :eek:

Admittedly, the only name I even recognize of the girls is Marin Honda. Can someone tell me who some of the other medal contenders are? Thanks

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Admittedly, the only name I even recognize of the girls is Marin Honda. Can someone tell me who some of the other medal contenders are? Thanks

Kaori Sakamoto (JPN) - Already has a silver from St. Gervais, France this season
Alisa Fedichkina (RUS)
Ye Lim Kim (KOR) - 4th at St. Gervais, France
Sofia Samodurova (RUS)

bluelutz

On the Ice

Two Japanese: Marin Honda & Kaori Sakamoto
+ Mako Yamashita (New Girl from Machiko Yamada & Mihoko Higuchi, last year she was good as Rika Kihira)
Two Russians: Alisa Fedichkina & Sofia Samodurova

Outside chance - Korean: Ye Lim Kim (I do not expect she will win here, but it is possible to be like 3rd if she skates clean)

I was looking forward to seeing Ashely Kim of US, but suddenly she is nowhere to be found.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Two Japanese: Marin Honda & Kaori Sakamoto
+ Mako Yamashita (New Girl from Machiko Yamada & Mihoko Higuchi, last year she was good as Rika Kihira)
Two Russians: Alisa Fedichkina & Sofia Samodurova

Outside chance - Korean: Ye Lim Kim (I do not expect she will win here, but it is possible to be like 3rd if she skates clean)

I was looking forward to seeing Ashely Kim of US, but suddenly she is nowhere to be found.

same here.....