2016 Nebelhorn Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Nebelhorn Ladies SP

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
wow, she didn't backload her 3T-3T this time....

I believe they will be changing the layout as the season progresses same as 2 seasons ago.
Her layout was changing entire season ending with 3A as the first jump at Worlds while beginning with 3T-3T in first half.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It looks like Liza had a great beginning of the season :dance: Going for a clean skate is always the right choice! Now I want to see the program, though :ddevil:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I hope Liza is really coming back :hap93:

katymay

Medalist
Don't agree completely. This is a promotion for a sport that normally doesn't have a lot of spectators. They need to do a better job on that.

Agree. My kids were in gymnastics and swimming, almost every competition is streamed for free, sponsored by USA Swimming and/or USA gymnastics. Never has the popularity for figure skating been so low, it would behoove USFSA to supply streams (when they can) for free and get rid of icenetwork.

sarama

Medalist
Wow!!! I didn't realise Ted used to compete himself. I thought he was one of these people that was really enthusiastic about the sport and so got involved in the running of it, but didn't actually compete in it.

I'll see him in a whole different light from now on.

Thank you so much for this insight! :bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

If anyone wants to hear more about Ted there is a lovely interview on openkwongdore. I know not everyone is a PJ Kwong fan, but I usually enjoy her podcasts and this one with Ted was really nice!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Clearly, I did not miss much here. :slink:

Oh, not on the skating side (sounds like there were some really good performances). The unwatchable stream. #FOMOnomore

moriel

Record Breaker
Yay good for Liza. While its not the best she can do, at least its all clean and working.
I´m sure she can change the layout later on =)

Sackie

Medalist
Kind of surprised that Gaby is doing the 3z/3t in her short this year! The one thing all the commentators went on and on about last year was her great 3T/3T combo in both her short and long. I know you get more points with the 3Z/3T but why not stick with what gets you more noticed! Then she can do the 3Z as her solo jump - and she seems to have better luck with the 3Z over the 3F.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
Kind of surprised that Gaby is doing the 3z/3t in her short this year! The one thing all the commentators went on and on about last year was her great 3T/3T combo in both her short and long. I know you get more points with the 3Z/3T but why not stick with what gets you more noticed! Then she can do the 3Z as her solo jump - and she seems to have better luck with the 3Z over the 3F.

This was "the talk" last year at US Junior ladies Nationals because Vivian was coming in with the big 3Lz+3T and all Emily had was a very strong 3t+3t. Vivian had some troubles with the "bigger" jumps and Emily did the "easier" jumps flawlessly and became the US Junior Ladies Champ, quite easily (now there were other factoros, elements, etc, but to your point I agree).

LRK

Record Breaker
Clearly, I did not miss much here. :slink:

Oh, not on the skating side (sounds like there were some really good performances). The unwatchable stream. #FOMOnomore

Well, to be fair, it did work nicely most of the time. It first disappeared for an ice resurfacing - which didn't matter in itself, of course, except it made us anxious whether it would be back or no. And then, it cut out So Youn & Liza at the end. All else was fine.

(Of course as someone who does like So Youn, and who is a massive Liza fan, and for whom watching Liza was the most important thing of all... well... )