2016 Rio: Volleyball | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Volleyball

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
China won with Netherlands, so we have Serbia - China final, and USA - Netherlands playing for Bronze medal.

alebi

Medalist
can say it loudly now, SERBIA !!!!!

I'm really happy for you, that was deserved! And to me, they could have won even first set and finish 3-0 :clap: Many little mistakes that could cost a lot because USA (like the male one) is a team that never give up and always fight, even when they're behind.

(I'm less happy for waterpolo where Serbia beat Italy, but that was 99% predictable, surely too strong for us)

Couldn't watch China - Netherlands but even there the result seemed hard-fought: 3 - 1 (27-25, 23-25, 29-27, 25-23) :eek:
And Netherlands has beaten China in group stage (that was a close 3-2)

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
really happy with the results as well.

will root for Serbia & Netherlands next.

Im more concerned of the crowds reaction and tactics.
lol we're used to it like no other. But yeah it still affects the mood of even the experienced players imho
Some people tho get the thrill b/c of someone rooting against you :laugh:

alebi

Medalist
Some people tho get the thrill b/c of someone rooting against you :laugh:

Atanasijevic always urges the audience to whistle against him, so he can do an ace and then, with a provocative gesture, look at the crowd...
crowd that starts to boo even more of course :laugh:
It's always a funny show if you take it the right way ;)

alebi

Medalist
The dream goes on!!!!!!!!!
I'm so exhausted that i can't even cheer anymore XD

And now there's another Italy - usa in waterpolo..... Please help me! XD

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Atanasijevic always urges the audience to whistle against him, so he can do an ace and then, with a provocative gesture, look at the crowd...
crowd that starts to boo even more of course :laugh:
It's always a funny show if you take it the right way ;)
thats the attitude! :agree::biggrin:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee congrats Italy!!!!!!! :hap93:
(really Im starting to root against the US b/c they have loads of medals already! time to share!:dance3:)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I told you alebi, you have to believe! Italia for the win! :hap10:

alebi

Medalist
Brazil won 3-0 with Russia :eeking:

I watched only second set and it was a one-way match.
I hope USA will get the bronze, they definitely deserve more because they have always lost by few points, always fighting till the end. I respect Russia, but they seemed really too off this time.

I hope my team will recover enough from the semi... Now that we're there again, I hope they can demonstrate all their talent. It would be a pity to start the match with the handicap of tiredness

edit: ooooh and thank you all for the support!!!! It's so nice to read it :thank:

Last edited:

dreamsk8

On the Ice
The men's volleyball match Italy v USA was amazing!!! Ivan Zaytsev my god he was great. I didn't intend to watch it I just got pulled into it and stayed for the whole match on the edge of my seat. :clapper:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's getting interesting in Russia - USA match. Probably will be a tie break. :popcorn:

EDIT: 3 bronze medal points. Lovely :biggrin: USA wins 3-2 after losing 0-2. Admirable.

Last edited: