2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

itoja

Rinkside
Congrats to Fernandez. I wish the spins were better. The program isn't as good as what he had last year, but perhaps he will continue to get more and more comfortable with it. The section of choreography into the 3Loop is cool, he should really sell that hard with some finger pointing. His LP last year only finally clicked at Worlds so perhaps that will also be what happens this year. I'm not sure why they changed the look of his SP from last year, though. It doesn't feel as authentic as it did. Hmm.

:laugh2:

We need this gifed ASAP!

Especially to comment such gems:
It is not up to you to disagree or not.

da96103

Record Breaker
Looking at Shoma's actually jump layout in this competition:

4F
4T
3Lo
3A (3A + 3T)
4T + REP (4T + 2T)
3Lz
3A + 1Lo + 3F
3S
(planned content in red)

Since the second 4T + REP does not forfeit a combo jump pass, he could have increase his BV by doing the combo in jump passes no. 6 and no. 8

4F
4T
3Lo
3A
4T + REP
3Lz + 3T
3A + 1Lo + 3F
3S + 2T

This does not change the placement of the skaters in this competition but maybe useful in other competition when the scores are very close together.

martipellow2

Rinkside
I'm please Max Aaron did well. But why does he end his free program with a relatively easy triple toe and double axel. Surely he leaves a lot of points on the table? He could easily stick in a 3F or 3L instead?
Congrats to the three medalists :yahoo:.

Also, special congrats to Max Aaron, for a short while, I thought he'd end up fourth overall, and that'd have been great for him. Well done Max :).

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I'm please Max Aaron did well. But why does he end his free program with a relatively easy triple toe and double axel. Surely he leaves a lot of points on the table? He could easily stick in a 3F or 3L instead?

He normally does a 3T on the end of his opening 4S. He repeats the 3A and 4S so he can't repeat another 3Loop.

He does not attempt the 3F... not sure the full story but I assume fixing the edge has not been deemed the most efficient use of his time.

He normally does two 2As at the end. He puts them at the end to squeeze the extra 10% form them and because he can put them at the very end. Here he changed on to a 3T because it is worth more and he did not put it in somewhere else already.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

The 3T was a backup for popping his quad-triple combo to a quad-double. It's his standard procedure.

He can't do another 3Lo because he'd have to do it in combo and he's fresh out of combos at that point (4S-3T, 3A-2T, 3Lz-1Lo-3S) and also because Zayak. He can't repeat the 3Lz because Zayak. He COULD do a 3F, but he'll probably get it called 3Fe and by the time he loses the base value and the GOE he may as well have done a decent double Axel. It's worth the same.

Dlqp95

Rinkside
JESUSSSS!!! How could I missed it?!?!? :sad21::sad21::sad21:
But well, my pretty baby Javi snatched it anyways so I could survive.
Felicidades Javi, no sabes lo super mega orgullosa que me siento :hap10:
Hope you achieve the whole world :gclap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I happen to like Shoma, Javi and Yuzu. They are my three favorite male skaters.

da96103

Record Breaker
Shoma finished his GP assignments. :thumbsup:

"Adios people, I am gonna take a vacation at the Caribbean with my coach." (who would still wear a fur coat at the beach). :laugh:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Shoma finished his GP assignments. :thumbsup:

"Adios people, I am gonna take a vacation at the Caribbean with my coach." (who would still wear a fur coat at the beach). :laugh:

:rofl:

But seriously, I think Shoma finished his GP assignments early will be an advantage for him. Because he can practice and prepare for the finals more. On the other hand it can also be his disadvatage because he can lost his momentum by getting so much rest :think:

Last edited:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
:rofl:

But seriously, I think Shoma finished his GP assignments early will be an advantage for him. Because he can practice and prepare for the finals more. On the other hand it can also be his disadvatage because he can lost his momentum by getting so much rest :think:

Knowing Shoma it won't be rest, I remember he was training without a rest day before, not sure what he's training like now but he sure ain't gonna take it easy:laugh:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Okay, I like the way this program sits with Javier. I think the Elvis works really well. I like all the choreographic touches to express the theme. Javier is not and never will be an elegant skater. Someone has figured out how to package him to play to his strengths.

Hmm, isn´t that the aim for every skater? On the other hand first a skater needs to have those strengths, otherwise one could not play to them...

Last edited: