2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men SP

Lys

Match Penalty
I need to hurry, I thought Christmas was still a good 50 days away, but it seems it came early this year?

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thank Gawd I missed the Mens SP if Max is literally 25 POINTS away from the leader. I don't think I ever seen a point spread that big between 2 World Team Members.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
If you scroll down to the bottom of the mobile app, there's an option to switch to the desktop version. It works on a phone - I'm using it now.
Oh huge thanks!!!!! I missed liking posts!!:thank::thank::thank::hap93:

Last edited:

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I didn't get to watch the Rostelecom Cup; after the LAT guy I fell asleep and just saw the results. I have to say I am kinda expecting the results except for the fact that Max Aaron just got 8th place. What happened to him? I don't know why but I always feel "disconnected" when Uno does his skating --I even like Kolyada's skating more. But for some reason (technically maybe) judges and people love his programs. I just hope that Javier can claim this Rostelecom Cup again.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Word from someone who called the home inflation in SA and SC: we were proven right. CoR inflated EVERYONE, not just the locals. Otherwise there would be at least two russian men ready to take a medal ;).

To be fair, the ladies had yet to skate when you posted this. ;)

Rissa

Record Breaker
On the topic of inflation: even the B. ESP commenators were flabbergasted by Shoma's score, and they're the ones who are unabashed fans. That says a lot.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Thank Gawd I missed the Mens SP if Max is literally 25 POINTS away from the leader. I don't think I ever seen a point spread that big between 2 World Team Members.

:scratch2:

With whom was Max on a World Team? He was the only American there.

Personal impressions: Bychenko was my fav, Javi's new costume is nowhere near as good as his old one, and Stephane Lambiel is one of the most classically good-looking men I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Personal impressions: Bychenko was my fav, Javi's new costume is nowhere near as good as his old one, and Stephane Lambiel is one of the most classically good-looking men I've ever seen.

Maybe compared to Adam Rippon? He did better than Grant Hochstein tho.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
On the topic of inflation: even the B. ESP commenators were flabbergasted by Shoma's score, and they're the ones who are unabashed fans. That says a lot.

Higuchi-sensei and Shoma himself were flabbergasted. :shocked: That says a lot...haha.

mrrice

Record Breaker

"From Moria, With whom was max on a World Team? He was the only American there."

That didn't sound right did it. What I was trying to say was that Max is on the US World Team and I was shocked to see him score so far below the Javi and Shoma who are members of their countries World Teams. I hope that made sense. Please note, that I have not seen, and probably won't watch Max's program until after that free skate. I'm a wuss..

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
... and Stephane Lambiel is one of the most classically good-looking men I've ever seen.

I don't know what it is about him. He has such a wonderful, kind look in his eyes. He just looks like he is a sweet man. I know looks can be deceiving...but there is a mixture of sexiness and vulnerability, like wow.

Okay, enough swooning...bad kitty.

riminin

Rinkside
So please someone knowledgeable tell me if Shoma' s 4F is jumped immediately from steps? If not, it should get at least minus 1. Then there must be another minus 1 for a touch down with one hand. But there are two judges who gave it a 0 GOE and only two judges actually scored -2 GOE. To offset -2 GOE a jump must get 4 bullets from the GOE Plus criteria. I tried to find such qualities with the jump and found none. It was just an ordinary jump with a flawed landing. Will this issue ever be taken seriously by ISU?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't know what it is about him. He has such a wonderful, kind look in his eyes. He just looks like he is a sweet man. I know looks can be deceiving...but there is a mixture of sexiness and vulnerability, like wow.

Okay, enough swooning...bad kitty.

ITA.

Lambiel is Mr. Congeniality among skaters.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I have a new ( To Me ) discovery. I have never seen Mikhail Kolyada before and I just loved his SP. He looks like he could Lip's Brother. He jumps as high as Plushy......I'm just shocked.

Lys

Match Penalty
So please someone knowledgeable tell me if Shoma' s 4F is jumped immediately from steps?

According both Italian Esp Commentators, it isn't and his 4F should have been a -3 across the board considering no steps + hands down + overall quality of the jump.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
My immediate thoughts after Shoma's score was, "wow, they really want to give Javier a huge score." I could see no other reason. I love Shoma, but they could've scored him around the low 90s and it would've been a good score. What message does that send as it wasn't even near perfect? I hope Shoma can do better tomorrow. And Javier too. I mean his score was equally as weird.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I didn't get to watch the Rostelecom Cup; after the LAT guy I fell asleep and just saw the results. I have to say I am kinda expecting the results except for the fact that Max Aaron just got 8th place. What happened to him? I don't know why but I always feel "disconnected" when Uno does his skating --I even like Kolyada's skating more. But for some reason (technically maybe) judges and people love his programs. I just hope that Javier can claim this Rostelecom Cup again.

That is a good way to put it. And i think his scores are a part. I don't dislike him or his skating, but i don't think he or is skating is as good as he is being scored. When the scores make no sense, i just can't connect to the skater well as I feel like i am missing something.

I think if Shoma was being score more sanely I would really enjoy him. As it stands... i just stare at him scratching my head trying to "get" what others are seeing. I can't enjoy him because i feel like I am trying to solve a riddle.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
"From Moria, With whom was max on a World Team? He was the only American there."

That didn't sound right did it. What I was trying to say was that Max is on the US World Team and I was shocked to see him score so far below the Javi and Shoma who are members their countries World Teams. I hope that made sense. Please note, that I have not seen, and probably won't watch Max's program until after that free skate. I'm a wuss..

I just watched the Brits call Max's SP and they almost had me in tears by the end. They were so kind about how sad Max looked in the K&C and how he needed a hug. :(

I can't help but wonder how much having Tom Z as his coach all these years has hurt Max's development. There's a reason so many skaters leave Tom.

riminin

Rinkside
According both Italian Esp Commentators, it isn't and his 4F should have been a -3 across the board considering no steps + hands down + overall quality of the jump.

I see. I'm wiser now but not happier. But thank you for the information.

judges never really punish for no steps before solo jump in sp, the only time I remember this was Amodio getting almost -3 on totally clean quad for no steps, rare moment when he landed it and he was punished for no steps

It beats me why they don't. This is simply unfair.