2016 Worlds TV and Livestream | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2016 Worlds TV and Livestream

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to warn you that the highlights of the Free Dance will be starting later than billed on British Eurosport 1 because of the snooker.

The match on table 1 finished early, so they switched over to table 2 where the score line was Higgins 4 - 1 Saengkham. It's first to 5, but Saengkham is fighting back and has taken it to another frame.

If he wins this frame too, it will go to a decider.

But, the schedulers did allow for the snooker over-running, as they stuck in 30m of snooker highlights as a removable buffer in between the Free Dance and the next session of LIVE snooker at 12:30 BST.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It didn't go to the decider.

Snooker match just finished on Eurosport 1. Free Dance highlights to follow.

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Just to warn you that the highlights of the Free Dance will be starting later than billed on British Eurosport 1 because of the snooker.

The match on table 1 finished early, so they switched over to table 2 where the score line was Higgins 4 - 1 Saengkham. It's first to 5, but Saengkham is fighting back and has taken it to another frame.

If he wins this frame too, it will go to a decider.

But, the schedulers did allow for the snooker over-running, as they stuck in 30m of snooker highlights as a removable buffer in between the Free Dance and the next session of LIVE snooker at 12:30 BST.

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you, supremely informative CaroLiza_fan :bow:. I was about to post BESP2 Free Dance links. I know nothing about snooker, but from the advert pattern, is it over? Yep, BESP broadcasting FD highlights
http://tv4embed.com/uk/eurosport1-stream1.php
http://www.crichd.tv/eurosport-1-hd-live-stream-uk.php

Last edited:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
You know, the last time Nicky Slater and Mark Hanretty were commentating together (last season's Cup of China), I liked it.

Yes, it was a bit strange having 2 Ice Dancers commentating on Singles and Pairs skating but, as Nicky was quick to point out early on in one of the singles competitions that time, Mark was a very good Singles skater before he switched to Dance.

But, this time, they are bringing out the worst in each other.

Mark is talking far too much during the routines. And because he is talking so much, so is Nicky.

Simon Reed and Chris Howarth always knew the right balance between letting us hear the music that was being skated to, and adding in short informative comments about the skating.

Whenever he was paired up with one of them, Nicky seemed to be able to do the same. But, you always got the impression that he would like to say more. And now that he is paired up with somebody else, somebody who does like to talk a lot, Nicky's inner talker has been released.

Simon and Chris were always good at explaining things in a way that anybody could understand. Nicky was always inclined to describe things a bit more technically than Simon or Chris, but was still able to get the point across to us.

Mark has not mastered that art. He is talking very technical. You can tell that Nicky is trying to reign him in, but because he is inclined to talk slightly technical himself, it isn't working.

I think the whole problem is that they have the same background. Because they have another ice dancer sitting beside them, they are forgetting that the people they are talking to are, on the whole, not ice dancers as well.

That is the beauty of pairing up commentators with different backgrounds. And Eurosport has always tended to be good at doing that. But, I suppose that there are reasons why they weren't able to do it this time.

Despite all this, it is still better than the BBC's commentary team.

Over the years, I have made no secret that I am not a fan of Robin Cousins as a commentator.

On the other hand, I have always liked Sue Barker. She may have been a tennis player, but she always knew what she was talking about when she was commentating on figure skating. You could tell she was a big fan of this sport, as well as her own.

Unfortunately, we did not have Sue commentating on the Free Dance last night. We had some other woman, who I think was called Carol Dowd.

So far, I have only watched up to the end of the first couple. And I already want to strangle her! She seems to know absolutely nothing about the sport!

I am hoping that this is just because it is the start of her first broadcast, and that she will improve as the competition goes on. But, if she doesn't, I'll be straight over to the Eurosport highlights once they come on.

By the way, as far as I can see, the LIVE coverage that the BBC showed on the Red Button is NOT going onto iPlayer. :disapp:

It was the 2nd (and decisive) leg of a quarter final. So, pretty important.

Still haven't watched any of it yet, though. Figure skating is more important. ;)

CaroLiza_fan
I was just about to post a message about this !.
The woman on the BBC last night with Robin was AWFUL. She was totally clueless. She did not even understand the difference between pairs & ice dance. Robin had to explain everything to her.
How did she get the job :scratch2:
She should have at least done some research before going on air.
Robin just gave up with her in the end.
Even after all the couples had skated she still kept asking if Penny & Nick were going to move up any more places :palmf:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was just about to post a message about this !.
The woman on the BBC last night with Robin was AWFUL. She was totally clueless. She did not even understand the difference between pairs & ice dance. Robin had to explain everything to her.
How did she get the job :scratch2:
She should have at least done some research before going on air.
Robin just gave up with her in the end.
Even after all the couples had skated she still kept asking if Penny & Nick were going to move up any more places :palmf:

To be fair, there are a lot of things that I don't understand. But the questions she was asking were so, well, I would say "juvenile" but that would be insulting to any children that are reading this.

You know what I reckon. Shortly before the competition started, whoever was supposed to be doing the commentary phoned up and said they couldn't make it. And it was too late notice to get an experienced commentator to stand in. So Robin went out onto the street outside Broadcasting House, went over to the first person he saw and said:

"Excuse me, madam. Have you ever watched 'Dancing On Ice'? You watched it every week? Ah good! Then you'll know that I was one of the judges on it. Well, I was supposed to be watching something similar for the BBC in about 15 minutes. But this will be much better, because the skaters are better. The thing is, I need somebody to talk to me during it. So, would you fancy doing it? You would? Ah, that's brilliant! Come on inside and I'll show you the equipment".

And unfortunately the woman he asked was so clueless that she didn't realise that she would be on the air with millions of die-hard fans listening.

I was really despairing at some of the things she was coming out with. Every 2 or 3 couples, I was having to take a short break from watching so as to stop myself from throwing the remote at the TV!

The last couple I watched before this afternoon's snooker came on was Testa / Csolley. So, it's only 2 more couples until I'll be able to fall back into the arms of Eurosport with Cappellini / Lanotte.

And, boys but I am looking forward to it! For all their faults, I would take Nicky and Mark every day over that woman!

(By the way, I now think her name was Catherine, not Carol like I said earlier)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
To be fair, there are a lot of things that I don't understand. But the questions she was asking were so, well, I would say "juvenile" but that would be insulting to any children that are reading this.

You know what I reckon. Shortly before the competition started, whoever was supposed to be doing the commentary phoned up and said they couldn't make it. And it was too late notice to get an experienced commentator to stand in. So Robin went out onto the street outside Broadcasting House, went over to the first person he saw and said:

"Excuse me, madam. Have you ever watched 'Dancing On Ice'? You watched it every week? Ah good! Then you'll know that I was one of the judges on it. Well, I was supposed to be watching something similar for the BBC in about 15 minutes. But this will be much better, because the skaters are better. The thing is, I need somebody to talk to me during it. So, would you fancy doing it? You would? Ah, that's brilliant! Come on inside and I'll show you the equipment".

And unfortunately the woman he asked was so clueless that she didn't realise that she would be on the air with millions of die-hard fans listening.

I was really despairing at some of the things she was coming out with. Every 2 or 3 couples, I was having to take a short break from watching so as to stop myself from throwing the remote at the TV!

The last couple I watched before this afternoon's snooker came on was Testa / Csolley. So, it's only 2 more couples until I'll be able to fall back into the arms of Eurosport with Cappellini / Lanotte.

And, boys but I am looking forward to it! For all their faults, I would take Nicky and Mark every day over that woman!

(By the way, I now think her name was Catherine, not Carol like I said earlier)

CaroLiza_fan
I really think we should try & get jobs at the BBC :laugh:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh, it is our favourite sport, Snooker again. Who would have guessed. Anyway, remember there will be HD figure skating on einsfestival at one o'clock, if you're german or interested.

TMC

Record Breaker
Oh, it is our favourite sport, Snooker again. Who would have guessed. Anyway, remember there will be HD figure skating on einsfestival at one o'clock, if you're german or interested.

Did they just drop the Men's FS completely? It says "Figure Skating" from 10:30, but it's snooker :disapp:

matcha

Medalist
Why is BESP showing pairs?? I won't be able to avoid mens spoilers for the entire day (!!)

matcha

Medalist
The Men's FS will air on BESP at 21h after the live broadcast of Pairs (but it'll only be 55 minutes long, versus the planned 90 for this morning) :drama:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The Men's FS will air on BESP at 21h after the live broadcast of Pairs (but it'll only be 55 minutes long, versus the planned 90 for this morning) :drama:
Bummer. In Holland we're not actually getting any Pairs Free coverage on E1 tonight, so I'm guessing no Men's FS, either. No fair. :disagree: I was actually interested for a change in hearing what the Dutch commentators had to say...

Thomas_C

Rinkside
Any suggestions where to watch the Ladies FS? No German TV station is offering live broadcast :(

Last edited: