2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies FS

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
The 86th All-Japan Championship Tournament (第86回全日本選手権大会)

Dec 20 - Dec 24, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Ladies Free Skate
Saturday, 23 December 2017, 17:00 (UTC +9)

Time in Other Places

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...5&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Starting Order/Results (Japanese)
Starting Order/Results (English)

Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Yuka NAGAI 55.25
2 Riona KATO 49.53
3 Tomoe Kawabata 52.13
4 Hinano ISOBE 52.36
5 RINKA WATANABE 55.46
6 Ibuki SATOH 50.84

Warm-Up Group 2
7 Mariko KIHARA 55.50
8 Hina TAKENO 59.22
9 Miaki Morisita 59.43
10 Kokoro IWAMOTO 56.16
11 Yura MATSUDA 55.91
12 Mako YAMASITA 57.80

Warm-Up Group 3
13 Sui TAKEUCHI 60.93
14 Nana ARAKI 59.66
15 Rin NITAYA 61.28
16 Yuhana YOKOI 62.68
17 Yuna SHIRAIWA 63.33
18 Mai MIHARA 64.27

Warm-Up Group 4
19 WAKABA HIGUCHI 68.93
20 RIKA KIHIRA 66.74
21 Marin HONDA 66.65
22 Satoko MIYAHARA 73.23
23 Rika HONGO 70.48
24 Kaori SAKAMOTO 73.59

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
The anxiety is killing me!!! Please satoko rotate and marin dont mess up! Also rika wakaba mai why do they only have two spots?!?!😭😭😭

deedee1

Record Breaker
At the end of the day, I hope JSF will pick up the girls who did skate the best for TWO days (SP+FS), though of course I'd love to see my favorites do so well and grab the spots. :)

In 2005 it was Fumie, Shizuka, Yukar,i Miki, Yoshie and little Mao! In 2009 was Mao, Miki, Akiko and Yukari, in 2013 Mao, Akiko, Kanako, Haruka and Mama Miki. J-Nats in the Oly season, Ladies discipline is so much exciting. Good luck to all girls! :hap10::hap10:

quadrupleaxel15

On the Ice
I will probably feel sad no matter what happens in this competetion. 2 spots for Japan is just cruel.

-Wakaba's LP is one of my all time favourites and I think it has the best potential to compete with Eteri-type programs. Too bad that Wakaba herself struggles under pressure. I really wanted to see her at the Olympics.
-I don't need to explain why Satoko also deserves to be there.
-But Kaori is also great and I want her to take the gold here??

It will be hard to watch for me.

randomfan

Record Breaker
At the end of the day, I still want to see Satoko and Wakaba on the team. But if, for some reason, this combination cannot happen, then I at least hope for Kaori or Rika Hongo to be going instead.

I’d want Mai to go as well, but realistically I think that her chances to make the team are very low now. At Skate America, Polina Tsurskaya was very behind in the SP, and even a clean FS was not enough to reach the podium. I think we might see a similar situation happen to Mai here, especially if the top 4 are all clean. :cry:

Spinning

On the Ice
I feel for all of them. Even for 3 spots, there would be too many heart breaks. Too many potential to be left at home. I for one would love to see the adjustments on the allocated spots.

tars

Record Breaker
This is the most disgusting competition ever. :mad:
I don't care anymore. At all. :gaah:

edit: Or not - come on Marin, skate free skate of your life, receive standing ovation and 125 points like in Canada!
That will be fun! :rolleye:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
At the end of the day, I still want to see Satoko and Wakaba on the team. But if, for some reason, this combination cannot happen, then I at least hope for Kaori or Rika Hongo to be going instead.

I’d want Mai to go as well, but realistically I think that her chances to make the team are very low now. At Skate America, Polina Tsurskaya was very behind in the SP, and even a clean FS was not enough to reach the podium. I think we might see a similar situation happen to Mai here, especially if the top 4 are all clean. :cry:

Kaori has a fabulous LP. It's fresh and exciting and no warhorse. I think she can really shine here as well, although all of the japanese Ladies have great LP's this season. Kaori's is sweet, playful and energetic. I found her the most relaxed and carefree in the SP already. How much that is because she's not expected to deliver, I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to it, no matter the outcome.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Kaori has a fabulous LP. It's fresh and exciting and no warhorse. I think she can really shine here as well, although all of the japanese Ladies have great LP's this season. Kaori's is sweet, playful and energetic. I found her the most relaxed and carefree in the SP already. How much that is because she's not expected to deliver, I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to it, no matter the outcome.

I don't think you can say she's not expected to deliver, but certainly both she and Rika have been in the dark horse category whereas Marin has been overhyped, and Wakaba, Mai, and Satoko have been the ones getting the most attention/pressure. She and Mai are best friends and rivals - it must be heartbreaking for them if one does well and the other fails.

I am really warming to Kaori. Her jumps are big and powerful, and I don't feel nervous watching her. She has a quirky, slightly offbeat way of expressing herself, but the SP music (Moonlight Sonata) really works for her and Amelie is just perfect for her. Go Kaori!!!

Alifyre

On the Ice
I never expected to be so all-in for the dark horses, but the programs I am most excited for after the short are Rika's Frida and Kaori's Amelie. If they bring the same energy they brought today, I think they'll both be medalists. (Who would have guessed Rika Hongo would have had even an outside shot at a medal before today? Not even I would have been so optimistic, and I adore her). Both of their music is fresh and unique, and their interpretations are original and exciting to watch. Plus they both have shown today that they can in fact deliver! Can they keep delivering? We shall see, but I am hopeful. Of course, my fingers are also crossed for a strong Bond girl to take the ice with Wakaba, but I feel a little less assured about her at this point :)cry:).

Go ladies go!! :yahoo:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Hi. Just want to add that this is the true bloodbath of this year, even more than Russian ladies, where only Maria’s selection for Olympics is on question ( keeping in mind that we still don’t know who will make that decision, Nationals may be even pointless, who knows ).

Two spots for Japanese ladies is a crime. I’m Italian ad i find ridiculous that we take two ladies with only one competitive.

I was expecting that Satoko and Wakaba may be those two, but Kaori was exceptional and Hongo very unexpected. Satoko is still the favorite, but now it may be very difficult for Wakaba to gain the second place, if Kaori do the same FS of Skate America.

Technical points aside i want to say that i’m in love with Marin’s gentleness on ice :cry:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Very excited!
Good luck to everyone, but especially to Satoko, Wakaba, Kaori, and Mai! How come I like so many talented skaters when there's only 2 spots?? :slink:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This is the most disgusting competition ever. :mad:
I don't care anymore. At all. :gaah:

edit: Or not - come on Marin, skate free skate of your life, receive standing ovation and 125 points like in Canada!
That will be fun! :rolleye:
Well, I think it's important to consider the possibility that she just didn't skate all that well here. For instance, that performance in Canada was legitimately good so I agree her score felt too low there. But here she visibly was quite sluggish. She really didn't deserve much higher PCS in my eyes. Also, calling that a stepout is incredibly genious - It's a -2 GOE jump at best, probably -3. Of the comparables, might you argue that she could have had more PCS than Rika? Perhaps(I don't consider Rika stellar at all PCS-wise), but when we consider the standing ovation and all - a point you made - it makes sense.

In my opinion, she needs to actually skate well before we can legitimately complain about underscoring. If she moves in the FS like she did in SP, I really don't think she deserves to be anywhere near an Olympics spot. Actually, I'm quite confused by why she seems so slow because that doesn't match my memory of her. Has she been dealing with a minor injury?

beki

Medalist
Well, I'm still rooting for Wakaba and see a great career for her, future and hopefully present! Her nerves may not be made of iron, but she can still learn. She may not be the newest kid on the block, but she's only 16—younger than Kaori.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
. If she moves in the FS like she did in SP, I really don't think she deserves to be anywhere near an Olympics spot. Actually, I'm quite confused by why she seems so slow because that doesn't match my memory of her. Has she been dealing with a minor injury?

Somebody mentioned the P (puberty) word. I think she's grown a few cms recently. Dai was commentating yesterday and noted that her axis was a bit off in practice. At her age, she could easily grow a bit more. I guess taller doesn't mean slower necessarily, but even the slimmest girl would become heavier with additional height.

risingtrot

On the Ice
If Kaori wins and will be sent for the Olympics, I do hope her team will work (if they haven't already) on creating her a different more exciting dress for the FS.

Anyway, I was hoping Mai will get the second spot but if she is not ready then she is not. Good luck to the ladies.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Somebody mentioned the P (puberty) word. I think she's grown a few cms recently. Dai was commentating yesterday and noted that her axis was a bit off in practice. At her age, she could easily grow a bit more. I guess taller doesn't mean slower necessarily, but even the slimmest girl would become heavier with additional height.
That's more for rotation speed, right? As far as I've seen, most girls when they get the hips and the thighs seem to start moving faster as they do tend to get more power. But on the other hand, I guess if you're not used to it yet that can be problematic.

Hopefully she manages to fix these issues because she has great potential and star power.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
viewers of today's competitions are reporting that upon entering the arena, the ladies' are in practice and apparently Kaori has a change in costume...it's red!

in news (w/ photo): http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/12/22/kiji/20171222s00079000156000c.html

It looks like the red version of the original design. It seems no one was perfect in the practice from last group. Perhaps the ladies were just saving their energy for tomorrow.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I like Kaori's red dress much better! :love: