2022-23 Japanese National Championships - Men's FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2022-23 Japanese National Championships - Men's FS

yesterday

Record Breaker
I just read the comments. Now looking forward to the video to watch, I hope there will be such an opportunity. But even now it seems to me that the free program has become a disaster for many of those who could be on the podium. Shoma won quietly by doing his job. Koshiro with silver, and this is a huge surprise for me. I want to see it! Kazuki with bronze, and this is a joy for me, he is a very sunny person. But... Shun, Sota, Kao, Yuma... what happened? Why did the National Championship result in a series of mistakes and falls? And incredibly happy for Sumitada!! There was a lot of interesting things, apparently, I really want to see it.
can you send me a PM? can't find it on your profile

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I apologize to anyone waiting on Men's FS video
I had other stuff to do today (Christmas day) so didn't start working on it until late afternoon...then fell asleep during the process
Also realized I need to re-record at least the last group of Men due to a quality issue with my recording
I still plan to upload all the programs but it may take me another day or so since I work tommorow (in a few hours from now)
Sorry again for the delay :pray:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
But... Shun, Sota, Kao, Yuma... what happened? Why did the National Championship result in a series of mistakes and falls? And incredibly happy for Sumitada!! There was a lot of interesting things, apparently, I really want to see it.

I don't know about the others, but Sota always messes up Nationals. It tends to be his worst competition of the season, and he tends to do much better at regionals, sectionals, and usually also abroad. I bet JSF know that.
I'd like to see pretty much everyone's programs, when the Christmas frenzy passes. I'm thankful I can find video offers here.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I want someone to portray drunk Jack Sparrow.
Gala
I apologize to anyone waiting on Men's FS video
I had other stuff to do today (Christmas day) so didn't start working on it until late afternoon...then fell asleep during the process
Also realized I need to re-record at least the last group of Men due to a quality issue with my recording
I still plan to upload all the programs but it may take me another day or so since I work tommorow (in a few hours from now)
Sorry again for the delay :pray:
This Beer is for you! After all the hard work you have done. Now that my galpal and I are both testing negative for covid I am gonna go to our local MEGA beer store and look for some Japanese beer and think of you as I try one. 😊
t.jpg

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Whoops, accidentally posted before info was complete :palmf:
Editing post now~

Sorry for the delay! Thank you for your patience! 🙇‍♂️

Men's FS video links (video quality can be increased up to 720p by clicking on settings wheel)

All videos were recorded from the FOD stream (no commentary)
Had to re-record Groups 3 & 4 due to pretty severe video stuttering
Some videos still do not play smoothly
Also, at about 2:53 into Taichiro Yamakuma's skate a notification sound can be heard :palmf:
I may reupload select videos later

Listed by FS Start Order (so you can watch as the event played out if you choose)
Warmup Group 1Program MusicChoreographer
1Kazuki KushidaMichael Jackson MedleyKohei Yoshino
2Mitsuki SumotoMi Mancherai by Josh Groban (Il Postino)Nanami Abe
3Tsudoi Suto (Jr)Se (Cinema Paradiso)Eiji Iwamoto
4Haru Kakiuchi (Jr)Wake Me Up by AviciiMisao Sato
5Lucas Tsuyoshi HondaExogenesis Symphony Part 3 by MuseMihiko Higuchi
6Haruya Sasaki (Jr)Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No.2Mihoko Higuchi
Warmup Group 2
7Kazuki HasegawaBeatles ConcertoHanae Yokoya
8Shingo NishiyamaDvorak - New World Symphony, Anthem by Josh GrobanJoey Russell
9Kosho OshimaTop GunMisao Sato
10Seigo Tauchi (Jr)Moulin RougeKenji Miyamoto
11Takeru Amine Kataise (Jr)Saint-Saëns - Introduction and Rondo CapricciosoKenji Miyamoto
12Kao MiuraBeauty and the BeastEiji Iwamoto
Warmup Group 3
13Taichiro YamakumaSomewhere In TimeSalome Brunner
14Tatsuya TsuboiTorn (Redux) by Nathan Lanier (High Strung)Massimo Scali
15Sumitada MoriguchiJekyll & HydeCathy Reed
16Sena MiyakeTitanicKohei Yoshino
17Shunsuke Nakamura (Jr)SheikTom Dickson
18Nozomu Yoshioka (Jr)Pirates of the CaribbeanKohei Yoshino
Warmup Group 4
19Yuma KagiyamaRain, In Your Black Eyes by Ezio BossoLori Nichol
20Shun SatoRed Violin by Ikuko Kawai, Joaquin RodrigoKenji Miyamoto
21Kazuki TomonoJohann Strauss II - Die Fledermaus OvertureMisha Ge
22Sota YamamotoRachmaninov - Piano Concerto No.2Akiko Suzuki
23Koshiro ShimadaCity Lights by Charlie ChaplinStephane Lambiel
24Shoma UnoBach - Air on the G StringKenji Miyamoto

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Editing post now~

Men's FS video links (video quality can be increased up to 720p by clicking on settings wheel)

Listed by FS Start Order (so you can watch as the event played out if you choose)
Warmup Group 2
11Takeru Amine Kataise (Jr)Saint-Saëns - Introduction and Rondo CapricciosoKenji Miyamoto
Warmup Group 3
Warmup Group 4
22Sota Yamamoto~processingRachmaninov - Piano Concerto No.2Akiko Suzuki
way cool! Now if you would just put up the gala! :rofl: I need to go back and watch some skaters....will be having skating withdrawl till our nats.
Coyote that is NOT flying South West Airlines....the airline that doesnt have the reciprocity agreement with other carriers....

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
way cool! Now if you would just put up the gala! :rofl: I need to go back and watch some skaters....will be having skating withdrawl till our nats.
Coyote that is NOT flying South West Airlines....the airline that doesnt have the reciprocity agreement with other carriers....
I was wondering if anyone would want video of the gala performances
I actually slept through the first half so was planning on watching in replay
I'll try to work on gala video on my next day off 😊

My Southwest flight coming home from 2021 Skate America was cancelled after we had already boarded (blamed the wearther)
Next available flight out was a day later
I live in L.A. county so was able to quickly arrange for a Flixbus to get me to DTLA in about 5 hours
Planning on going to both 4CC and JWC to support the dear child in my avatar
Was considering Southwest again (for 4CC) but totally scraping that idea after all the mess they created over the weekend

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

My Southwest flight coming home from 2021 Skate America was cancelled after we had already boarded (blamed the wearther)
I live in L.A. county so was able to quickly arrange for a Flixbus to get me to DTLA in about 5 hours
Was considering Southwest again (for 4CC) but totally scraping that idea after all the mess they created over the weekend
:ot: Very odd that your flight to Los Angeles was canceled back then, my flights to/from San Diego went to Vegas and back perfectly well.

Flixbus was a lifesaver for me this season. I was expecting to take a train to Los Angeles to catch my flight to Toronto from there. However, a landslide occurred in September, blocking the train route from San Diego to Los Angeles. Flixbus got me to Long Beach and I went from Long Beach to the airport via the Metro lines. Flixbus helped with a bus back to San Diego too.

As much as I'd love to go to 4CC and JWC, I have tickets to Worlds and going there is my biggest priority...

As someone who has trusted Southwest Airlines since her very first flight, these cancellations in recent days are quite concerning. Just don't even think about using Spirit Airlines unless you can fit everything you need into a backpack...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Suddenly its Oct 2021 all over again for SW airlines....and they did nothing! From a SW pilot a day ago.
“I don’t know what to say. Southwest Airlines has imploded. Their antiquated software system has completely fried. Planes are parked. Crews are stranded in the airports with the passengers, volunteering to take the passengers in the parked planes but the software won’t accept it. Phone lines are overwhelmed for both passenger and crews. I personally spent over two hours trying to get ahold of anyone in the company last night after midnight. A Captain and I did manage to get the one flight put together on Christmas night and got people home. Kudos to the ops agent and dispatcher for making it happen. We had to manually input a lot of the data and it took over an hour to coordinate with dispatch going back and forth running numbers.
We spent hours trying to get the company to answer and get us a hotel when we landed as they’re all sold out. We were only put in a call que for hours before hanging up. I found one hotel with 4 rooms and we bought our own rooms at 2:30am. I even paid for a Flight Attendants room. We literally have crews sleeping on the airport floors all over the country with nowhere to go. Crews have been calling to fly anyone, anywhere, but the company says the system needs a reset. They have effectively shut down the operations for the rest of year, running 1/3 of the flights so that they can let the computer find and locate the crews and aircraft. Gate agents are in tears. They’ve been yelled at, cussed at, slapped and spit on. Flight attendants have been taking a beating. The frontline employees have had little support or communication. Terminals are standing room only with people having been there for days. Pilot lounges are packed with pilots ready to fly and nowhere to go.
Embarrassing is an understatement. I’m going on my second of three days off, still stuck on the east coast and still expected to show up in the morning with no schedule. And I’m willing to fly all day if needed. Because that’s nothing compared to the passengers needing meds in bags that are lost and mothers traveling with kids, having been stuck for the same amount of days in the terminal. In 24 years, I’ve never seen anything like this. Heads need to roll! Rumors on media are floating that there is a lack of crews and pilots are staging sick calls. Absolutely not true at all. This is a computer system meltdown. Thousands of crew members are sitting in hotels and airports with nowhere to go. This airline has failed miserably.”
I will spare you my rant on deregulation of the airlines, contract law, a meaningful pax bill of rights, etc.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
:ot: Very odd that your flight to Los Angeles was canceled back then, my flights to/from San Diego went to Vegas and back perfectly well.

October 2021: A bad weekend for Southwest​

Longstanding plans — including those of some Boston Marathon runners — were scuttled when Southwest canceled more than 1,800 flights over one weekend. It began with “weather challenges in our Florida airports,” and was compounded by “unexpected air traffic control issues in the same region,” the airline said.

ATC problems? Really? Just SWA?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Editing post now~

Also, at about 2:53 into Taichiro Yamakuma's skate a notification sound can be heard :palmf:

Warmup Group 2
Warmup Group 3
Warmup Group 4

Thank you so much! It's really a blessing that this forum has you and @yesterday (apologies if I forgot anyone else who puts together videos for us users). So happy I can see both my favorites, and less known skaters like Mitsuki and Taichiro for who this is the last season.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Longstanding plans — including those of some Boston Marathon runners — were scuttled when Southwest canceled more than 1,800 flights over one weekend. It began with “weather challenges in our Florida airports,” and was compounded by “unexpected air traffic control issues in the same region,” the airline said.

Yes, I was well aware of those problems back then and was glad I had booked a cancellable, refundable flight at the time I had booked the flight (July 2021). My departure to Vegas was on October 20, 2021, more than a week after that happened.
I had checked my local airport's flight departures and arrivals very closely afterwards to ensure that Southwest's flight arrival and departure times were as back to normal as they claimed. Sure enough, it was back to normal by the next weekend and I felt comfortable keeping my flight.

When I said "very odd" I meant that I thought the weather would have been similar enough between San Diego and Los Angeles to not cause a flight delay.

This current wave of cancellations is far more severe than what happened back then. If this causes the death of Southwest Airlines, I will be quite sad. They have been a huge part of my flying experience and will be sorely missed (not for their computer systems, but for their extra bags, peanuts, and reasonably priced flights)...

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine

tsuyoboogie, I want to express my deepest gratitude to you for your tremendous efforts in delivering video links of Japan Nationals. I could not watch this event live for 2 reasons. One of them is the lack of electricity in Ukraine now. Another reason is that the only available stream was Chinese but on Sunday and Saturday it was unbearable to watch as it was too jerky. So your video links are the only source to see this event. God bless you! :pray:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Yes, I was well aware of those problems back then and was glad I had booked a cancellable, refundable flight at the time I had booked the flight (July 2021). My departure to Vegas was on October 20, 2021, more than a week after that happened.
I had checked my local airport's flight departures and arrivals very closely afterwards to ensure that Southwest's flight arrival and departure times were as back to normal as they claimed. Sure enough, it was back to normal by the next weekend and I felt comfortable keeping my flight.

When I said "very odd" I meant that I thought the weather would have been similar enough between San Diego and Los Angeles to not cause a flight delay.

This current wave of cancellations is far more severe than what happened back then. If this causes the death of Southwest Airlines, I will be quite sad. They have been a huge part of my flying experience and will be sorely missed (not for their computer systems, but for their extra bags, peanuts, and reasonably priced flights)...
I too liked them at one point. I could easily upgrade to getting an early choice at a window seat, for instance. And they had lots of flights to chose from. But they had their chance in 2021 to admit their problems which put 180,000 (100x1800) people out of position. And they did nothing. You cant covert to a new 21st century computer system overnight....but if you had to do it, you would do it during covid....and they didnt even admit they had a problem. I dont want to see them go away. I want to see the feral govt and the stock holders clear house at the top and put into place a solid working business model with slack in the system that will stand the test of time. And storms and computer glitches.....expensive? Yes. Flying should not be cheep. How many of those stranded people out there would have been willing to pay 10 or 20 percent more for their ticket knowing that the whole industry would pull together to help each other out? That in the worst case, they could self insure and everyone would get a hotel and food for however long this particular storm of the century lasts. There should be a cost for keeping one million people up in the air at any given second and having plan B. I have never complained about the cost of a ticket if an airline kept its word.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I too liked them at one point. I could easily upgrade to getting an early choice at a window seat, for instance. And they had lots of flights to chose from. But they had their chance in 2021 to admit their problems which put 180,000 (100x1800) people out of position. And they did nothing. You cant covert to a new 21st century computer system overnight....but if you had to do it, you would do it during covid....and they didnt even admit they had a problem. I dont want to see them go away. I want to see the feral govt and the stock holders clear house at the top and put into place a solid working business model with slack in the system that will stand the test of time. And storms and computer glitches.....expensive? Yes. Flying should not be cheep. How many of those stranded people out there would have been willing to pay 10 or 20 percent more for their ticket knowing that the whole industry would pull together to help each other out? That in the worst case, they could self insure and everyone would get a hotel and food for however long this particular storm of the century lasts. There should be a cost for keeping one million people up in the air at any given second and having plan B. I have never complained about the cost of a ticket if an airline kept its word.
Editing post now~

Warmup Group 2
Warmup Group 3
Warmup Group 4
And Kosho skates to Top Gun! The original where Tom Cruise wore a Japanese flag on his flight jacket. :) He was enthusiastic! Must get Japanesee flag for Four conts......japanese flag.jpg