19) 友 野 一 希 Kazuki Tomono - 78.16
20) 村 上 大 介 Daisuke Murakami - 80.99
21) 佐 藤 洸 彬 Hiroaki Sato - 77.98
22) 無 良 崇 人 Takahito Mura - 85.53
23) 田 中 刑 事 Keiji Tanaka - 91.34
24) 宇 野 昌 磨 Shoma Uno - 96.83

da96103

Record Breaker
I am hoping for Keiji to grab the third spot. I felt he was more hungry for it during SP than Mura.

Also Keiji and Shoma are quite close. Remember Shoma sat on Keiji's lap in the green room during a competition 3 seasons ago?

Although Keiji would be exasperated to be Shoma's Olympic roommate because Keiji is tidy while Shoma is messy.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to all boys! Tickets to the Oly Games are within your reach. Attack, boys, attack! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Crystal7

Final Flight
Could you tell me when they will be skating? I can't find that information...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Several sources report that Shoma is planning to jump 2A-4T instead of his usual 4T-2T, since he's been having problems with the toeloop combination lately, like in the SP. Not sure what to think about this, but Shoma is in a position where he can use Nationals as a competition to try out new layouts and win anyway.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good Luck to all of the Men :cheer:! Fingers crossed that it is a good competition.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to all boys! Tickets to the Oly Games are within your reach. Attack, boys, attack! :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Off Topic: Hey deedee love your new avatar! Such a happy time for Sergei!

da96103

Record Breaker
Several sources report that Shoma is planning to jump 2A-4T instead of his usual 4T-2T, since he's been having problems with the toeloop combination lately, like in the SP. Not sure what to think about this, but Shoma is in a position where he can use Nationals as a competition to try out new layouts and win anyway.

Can you get enough momentum out of a 2A to tag a 4T?

da96103

Record Breaker

Can you get enough momentum out of a 2A to tag a 4T?

But this will get a higher BV though than 4T+2T. An never done before combo by anyone this late in the Olympic season? Shona really has no fear.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Now you have written triple axel. I heard of Shoma's 3A+4T, not the double axel quad toe. What will do Instead of 4T combo in that jumping pass? 3Lz ?

Yes, I wanted to say he can tag on the 4T to the double axel, because he is able to do it out of the 3A. But the 3A-4T combination might be too hard and if it's a 3A he has to take out another 3A which doesn't make sense. So it's kind of the reverse combination of a 4-2 jump, a 2-4 jump.

The run-through layout at practice was this: 4Lo, 3A, 3Lo, 4F, 4T, 2A4T, 3A1Lo3F, 3S3T

Alifyre

On the Ice
Yes, I wanted to say he can tag on the 4T to the double axel, because he is able to do it out of the 3A. But the 3A-4T combination might be too hard and if it's a 3A he has to take out another 3A which doesn't make sense. So it's kind of the reverse combination of a 4-2 jump, a 2-4 jump.

The run-through layout at practice was this: 4Lo, 3A, 3Lo, 4F, 4T, 2A4T, 3A1Lo3F, 3S3T

.... did he land this 2A-4T combo in practice?? This is possibly the most unusual thing I've seen all day. Who needs a 4-4 combo when we have a.... 2-4 combo? I guess? I just can't imagine anyone, even him, getting the momentum off a 2A into a 4T. Never mind that a 4T second jump (to my knowledge) has never been landed ever?

Wow, well I guess the FS will be extra interesting!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
.... did he land this 2A-4T combo in practice?? This is possibly the most unusual thing I've seen all day. Who needs a 4-4 combo when we have a.... 2-4 combo? I guess? I just can't imagine anyone, even him, getting the momentum off a 2A into a 4T. Never mind that a 4T second jump (to my knowledge) has never been landed ever?

Wow, well I guess the FS will be extra interesting!

Of course he has, he doesn't add elements he cannot do. The gif linked in my previous post is from yesterday's practice. Shoma sometimes jumps these combinations in practice even when he doesn't add them in competition. If you search for 3A-4T on YouTube you will find Shoma's combination from 4CC SP practice this year.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Of course he has, he doesn't add elements he cannot do. The gif linked in my previous post is from yesterday's practice. Shoma sometimes jumps these combinations in practice even when he doesn't add them in competition. If you search for 3A-4T on YouTube you will find Shoma's combination from 4CC SP practice this year.

Well color me impressed. I'm excited to see how it goes tomorrow!

da96103

Record Breaker

All three combos in the last three jump passes? No chance for ambulance rescue. Daredevil Shoma.

Shoma must have shares in an International medical group because he's getting fans into myocardial infarcts.

Latremu

Final Flight
All three combos in the last three jump passes? No chance for ambulance rescue. Daredevil Shoma.

Shoma must have shares in an International medical group because he's getting fans into myocardial infarcts.
Or strokes, or at least palpitations, but yes. [emoji23] This guy is nerve-racking and wrecking, maybe literally.

He's jumped (and landed) the 3A-4T and 2A-4T multiple times in practice and warm-ups in other competitions (Lombardia, 4cc, etc) but never in actual competition. I think he just used to do it for fun, but considering how problematic his 4T-_T combos have been, he might have decided to just try it on competition anyway.