2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men FS

gerorin

On the Ice
Comments from the athletes:
Shouma said he keeps saying he'd work harder next time but in Olympics there won't be a next time so he'll give his all (and he's still disappointed in himself for today)

- - - Updated - - -

Comments from the athletes:
Keiji wants to perform memorably like the Japanese seniors before him and will try his all

- - - Updated - - -

Kaori said she'll probably be very nervous but she'll try perform her best

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Team is announced! Congrats Team Japan! :cheer:

Added bonus for me seeing Dai-chan commentating!

gerorin

On the Ice
Shouma said Yuzu is a high, high wall in terms of the challenge he gives other athletes, that he couldn't be a top athlete if he's not on Yuzu's level.

Keiji said since all the athletes with the same age as him (Murakami Kanako, Yuzu) has gone to Olympics with this he felt like he could now be in that same talented douki group

deedee1

Record Breaker
Off Topic: Hey deedee love your new avatar! Such a happy time for Sergei!

Thanks. :) I am deadly exhausted and sad for Sergei AND Mura right now, tbh;;; I was wishing so badly one of the spots would go to these veteran dudes. Must have been their last chance for the Oly Games... The nationals, esp in the Oly season, is always most emotional; a rollercoaster full of dramas, joys and tears;;;;;

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks. :) I am deadly exhausted and sad for Sergei AND Mura right now, tbh;;; I was wishing so badly one of the spots would go to these veteran dudes. Must have been their last chance for the Oly Games... The nationals, esp in the Oly season, is always most emotional; a rollercoaster full of dramas, joys and tears;;;;;

I know what you mean! Maybe we are getting to old for this.

On an upbeat note Merry Christmas to my Twin! Relax and enjoy the Holidays! :ghug:

Eclair

Medalist
I finally caught up with Shoma's FS and I have to say, he really performed very well here. I love his performance and presentation when he is on time and concentrating on performing. I really enjoyed his skate. Also, I applaud him for doing the 4loop, which is a lot better jump for him than the 4lutz or flip. All his edge jumps are pretty nice, loop and salchow and he doesn't need overly much pre-rotation on them to jump a quad. I look forward to see him give a performance like this at the olympics!

even though he wasn't clean today, he still performed and it was great watching him. I appreciate this Shoma a lot more than the one concentrating on toe-jumps he can't rotate properly.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Totally agree deedee and can certainly understand your exhaustion. Next heartbreak -- U.S. Nationals, especially the men. Here comes the blood bath! :console: BTW, like the new avatar.

auser

Record Breaker
Totally agree deedee and can certainly understand your exhaustion. Next heartbreak -- U.S. Nationals, especially the men. Here comes the blood bath! :console: BTW, like the new avatar.
Think ice dance will be quite competitive at US Nats too ;)