2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men FS

Lota

Record Breaker
Nooooo, Mura gave it his all but it probably won't be enough, so sad for him :cry: Of course, Keiji deserves his spot as well. Why are there only 3 spots? :sad21:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Nooooo, Mura gave it his all but it probably won't be enough, so sad for him :cry: Of course, Keiji deserves his spot as well. Why are there only 3 spots? :sad21:

They are lucky they have 3 spots! Look at the Ladies. I loved Mura, but I think Keiji has more potential. It would be a goodbye gift to a well deserved career, but it makes more sense to send Keiji. Mura underperformed on the GP circuit.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Results page did not yet update, so just to confirm - it is Shoma, Keiji, Takahito Mura , Kazuki Tomono, Daisuke Murakami? I just want to do scoring for predictions game, thanks in advance :laugh:

Alifyre

On the Ice
I'm starting to get worried about Shoma, I've got to admit, I would hope by this point in the season he could be cleaner than he was here. That said, there were bright spots (+3 Axel woo!) so I won't give up hope for a clean skate yet.

I have yet to go back and watch Mura although I woke up just in time to see him being teary eyed in the KnC so I willd definitely see that one. Keiji Tanaka really surprised me -- I found him kinda dull last year but he has two decent programs this year! Good for him!

thoakun

Final Flight
Chinese guy went to Russian Gala so I trust in you guys to tell me what's going on!

This one shows the Japanese Nats.Under the JapanTV, choose Fuji TV. They're replaying Sakamoto's performances and a headline "New heroine Sakamoto, what's her charm?"

Lota

Record Breaker
They are lucky they have 3 spots! Look at the Ladies. I loved Mura, but I think Keiji has more potential. It would be a goodbye gift to a well deserved career, but it makes more sense to send Keiji. Mura underperformed on the GP circuit.

I know, that's why it's so sad :sad21: But I do agree that based on the performances this season, Keiji is a much safer bet. Doesn't keep me from wishing that both of them could go though :laugh:

The Ladies are a different kind of heartbreak altogether, let's not get into that :drama:

gerorin

On the Ice
Does this mean Mr Sunday knew Kaori would be chosen instead of Wakaba!

News shows sometimes just cover newcomers, especially if they're pretty and with an interesting personality (Kaori-chan is from Kansai, has a tendency to speak frankly) - chances are that's why they were following her around

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This one shows the Japanese Nats.Under the JapanTV, choose Fuji TV. They're replaying Sakamoto's performances and a headline "New heroine Sakamoto, what's her charm?"

The chinese guy was the only stream that worked for me all weekend.

Alifyre, don't worry. Shoma didn't do well in Nationals in the years before as well. He's exhausted and now finally has the time to focus on the Olympics. I'm not worried.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Speaking of the ladies, I have a question.

I only watched Tanaka and Shoma, but it seemed like the men were going higher in the GOEs for their elements than the women when they didn't fall or step out? I'm not sure if this was an overall trend, but it looked to me like the men didn't really have better like, transitions or anything on their elements, so I'm not sure why I did see some GOE over 2 for them when I don't recall any lady getting a +2 on any jump in real time. Am I crazy, and if not what is going on?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Alifyre, don't worry. Shoma didn't do well in Nationals in the years before as well. He's exhausted and now finally has the time to focus on the Olympics. I'm not worried.

I hope you're right. Last season he was falling apart just weeks before Worlds at that random event in Belgium, was it? Then won a silver in Helsinki. He's my dark guilty pleasure secret pick to win the Olympics. Him or Javi. :love:

thoakun

Final Flight
They then went on to speculate who is going to be chosen, Wakaba or Kaori. Healine is: Accomplished Higuchi or energetic Sakamoto? Kaori is becomming the new media sensation :laugh:

da96103

Record Breaker
I hope you're right. Last season he was falling apart just weeks before Worlds at that random event in Belgium, was it? Then won a silver in Helsinki. He's my dark guilty pleasure secret pick to win the Olympics. Him or Javi. :love:

You mean Coupe de Printemp in Croatia? I thought he did well there.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

It was Luxemburg and no, he didn't fall apart. He was pretty good there.

da96103

Record Breaker
They then went on to speculate who is going to be chosen, Wakaba or Kaori. Healine is: Accomplished Higuchi or energetic Sakamoto? Kaori is becomming the new media sensation :laugh:

They are throwing oil into the already hot fire!

- - - Updated - - -

It was Luxemburg and no, he didn't fall apart. He was pretty good there.

Luxembourg. Bless you MaiKatze, always ready with the right European venue.