2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 State of Russian Ice Dance

bramweld

Record Breaker
I just can't... :giveup:

Well this year this might actually be true, unfortunately. Do you guys really find B/S programs worthy of an Olympic medal? Especially when you compare what they have with what I/K had in Sochi? What I find even more tragic is they themselves seem somewhat oblivious :palmf:. Based on Dmitry's comments it would seem that it's just all too early to draw any conclusions. The sadness of it all.

Ender

Match Penalty
Well this year this might actually be true, unfortunately. Do you guys really find B/S programs worthy of an Olympic medal? Especially when you compare what they have with what I/K had in Sochi? What I find even more tragic is they themselves seem somewhat oblivious :palmf:. Based on Dmitry's comments it would seem that it's just all too early to draw any conclusions. The sadness of it all.
True... top 3 American ice dance might all place higher than both Russian teams at the Olympic.

nimi

Medalist
Oh, so now ANY American team suddenly means just the top3? Even though 'any' included the Parsons just a couple of posts ago? The goal posts... they're moving... sooooo faaaaast.... feeling... dizzy... :drama:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Oh, so now ANY American team suddenly means just the top3? Even though 'any' included the Parsons just a couple of posts ago? The goal posts... they're moving... sooooo faaaaast.... feeling... dizzy... :drama:

Well at least there is agreement on one vital issue. As for the rest, blah, blah, blah, blah, cha, cha, cha.

Ender

Match Penalty
Well at least there is agreement on one vital issue. As for the rest, blah, blah, blah, blah, cha, cha, cha.
I really want to send some complaints to ISU, they chose such a boring theme for SD lately. I haven't seen any remarkable SD this season. Or maybe I should give up on SD all together.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

Oh, if it was for some people here they would bury half the russian ID teams on spite alone, and then the remaining ones wouldn't be able to take even on the worst american couple. I guess that's the real spirit here, and I am not surprised at all.
:confused2:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
There was a freak out and it was justified! First time ever in seniors and Parsons easily beat b/s and its terrible symbol of zhulin mega incompetence in knowing levels in ice dance. Then Parsons collapsed in free dance but the larger truth had already been vividly demonstrated. Any American team can enter any competion and beat 7 time Russia champs world Olympic medalists b/s immediately with no problem.

Not About Boston nationals I meant summer competitions.

Oh god, this is just baloney! "The truth has been vividly demonstrated"!!!!! There's nothing more russian than this, and I live for it! Fifteen-point difference in the FD didn't seem enough truth for you, also, five points behind Popova and Mozgov, and what do you want more? It's not like the Parsons are chopped liver. I said in another post, they are at the same age P/C won their first world title. They are different teams, with different strengths, and big kudos for the Parsons.

However, there was a freakout, indeed, and it was only yours.

anyanka

Record Breaker
B/S seem to have improved and look much better than when they first came back but honestly, S/B and Z/G are looking like the future of Russian dance. Right now it doesn't look great with the North Americans and P/C dominating 7 of the top 10 at worlds, so hopefully the feds will invest in the younger teams.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I really want to send some complaints to ISU, they chose such a boring theme for SD lately. I haven't seen any remarkable SD this season. Or maybe I should give up on SD all together.

The rules they made for this year's short dance just made it so difficult for the pairs to make a cohesive whole. The most cohesive SD I've seen in terms of music is W/P's SD. The only draw back is they don't seem to have the chops to pull it off just yet.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Oh god, this is just baloney! "The truth has been vividly demonstrated"!!!!! There's nothing more russian than this, and I live for it! Fifteen-point difference in the FD didn't seem enough truth for you, also, five points behind Popova and Mozgov, and what do you want more? It's not like the Parsons are chopped liver. I said in another post, they are at the same age P/C won their first world title. They are different teams, with different strengths, and big kudos for the Parsons.

I don't believe any North Americans are chopped liver! They are trained in North America in the North American system. They are total contenders for the biggest titles in ice dance. They had problems in their free dance. Big problems! But that happens. I would love for b/s to be trained by their coaches and their system! Of course the parsons coaches are Russians. Russians are the best in coaching ice dance and Russia has no success in ice dance now! Why? All elites of Russian skating in Russia have extreme hatred ijs ice dance. The main ice dance coaches advisor? Never one day coaching in ijs ice dance. I wish all Russians could be like the parsons. The fact that Russia could tolerate b/s losing to a team in its first senior competion is baffling to me! Even if it was only in sd TES.

gmyers

Record Breaker

I don't believe any North Americans are chopped liver! They are trained in North Americans in the North American system. They are total contenders for the biggest titles in ice dance. They had problems in their free dance. Big problems! But that happens. I would love for b/s to be trained by their coaches and their system!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
They are trained in North America in the North American system. They are total contenders for the biggest titles in ice dance. They had problems in their free dance. Big problems! But that happens.

So when some of the NA teams have problems it just happens, but when it's a russian team it's the end of the world.

I see.
:sarcasm:

gmyers

Record Breaker
So when some of the NA teams have problems it just happens, but when it's a russian team it's the end of the world.

I see.
:sarcasm:

Wouldn't you also describe the world podiums the past seven years as being dominated by North American coaches teams?

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Wouldn't you also describe the world podiums the past seven years as being dominated by North American coaches teams?

That's not what I was talking about. At all.

However, you probably know the answer to your own question. But it still wasn't what I was talking about.

gmyers

Record Breaker
That's not what I was talking about. At all.

However, you probably know the answer to your own question. But it still wasn't what I was talking about.

I thought it was the answer to your question! Yes when American team makes a mistake that's something that just happens but with a Russian team it is "the end of the world." That's because it shows all the failures of Russian coaches in Russia that has meant no world medals no gpf medals no euro titles in years.

Lana05

Final Flight
It will change soon. Only Russian coaches are on podium and the end of world for everyone else!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
For whatever reason the Russians have huge problems hitting their levels in competition and we miss the drama - they use to always have one team that was very dramatic from Bestmianova and Bukin to Krylova and Oksiankov to Navka and Kostomorov to I and K. Now they are rather blah and huge level issues.

Kittosuni

Medalist
I just got text of the screenshot of Pavel Drozd reply to my friend in instagram regarding their FD music. Im not sure how to put picture here so i'll just type it in

" Hi) Thank you for your opinion!) Our FD it's something another and new from what skated before. But now we're thinking about change something a little bit with music (muscle emoji)"

Good for them to consider tweaking their program!

gmyers

Record Breaker
For whatever reason the Russians have huge problems hitting their levels in competition and we miss the drama - they use to always have one team that was very dramatic from Bestmianova and Bukin to Krylova and Oksiankov to Navka and Kostomorov to I and K. Now they are rather blah and huge level issues.

It's because the leader of Russian ice dance is tarasova and she she knows nothing about levels.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Look at top 10 in nebelhorn. Almost all North American trained. Russians continue to think they can be successful boycotting all North American talent? Ridiculous.