2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Pairs SP

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Megan's hair change is inspired. That's probably the most I've seen D/R commit to a piece of music.

Yes, quel change of pace Batman! I almost wish they had done that program 3 years ago. It really is going to stretch them.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I've never thought that I'll be actually moved looking at D/R's program. It was superb. Absolutely superb for me.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I love the style that J/C have perfected. They bring a sexiness and coolness that no one else does. So smart for them to play to their uniqueness.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Man, Vanessa just gets all the props from me. She just throws herself into Morgan's arms. I can't imagine being that trusting, especially on ice!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well definitely an early days performance for Vanessa and Morgan, but what a difference a breakthrough year can make. NOW, when they screwed up the ending, they smiled at each other with a "Oh well we need to work on that" rather than shooting each other looks of a couple-in-the-midst-of-a-horrendous-divorce.

They just are the sexiest couple. Give it some mileage and that will be killer.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm sorry, if you're going to do this music, you need to BRING IT!

Sharla

Rinkside
So fun to get to watch some live skating! First the Short Dance (which was awesome) and now the Pairs short. My faves were Sequin/Bilodeau, they are wonderful. Such a connection and chemistry and their elements are so good. Room for improvement of course but this is terrific for now. Some folks are not liking their music but I like it cause I like Lorde's scratchy, edgy voice. Look forward to seeing this over and over! Next was James/Cipres, just so hot together! They have such chemistry now and they just look like they belong among the top teams. D/R are good, no denying that, but I just don't feel a thing watching them. Can't help it, a lot of my skater love comes from the emotions I get watching their programs.

nimi

Medalist
So fun to get to watch some live skating! First the Short Dance (which was awesome) and now the Pairs short. My faves were Sequin/Bilodeau, they are wonderful. Such a connection and chemistry and their elements are so good. Room for improvement of course but this is terrific for now. Some folks are not liking their music but I like it cause I like Lorde's scratchy, edgy voice. Look forward to seeing this over and over!
Agreed. While Seg/Bil do perky&upbeat and soft&lyrical well, I'm really glad they've gone for something different this time around.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OH MY GOD!!! I have Never scene Meagan and Eric skate like that....that was INCREDIBLE!

you are even losing decent spelling ;) hehehe but i am with you :) I lost a few tears... and this was a first.

Don't hear me wrong, I have been a fan of Meagan and Eric for a long time... before their bronze at worlds.... I loved her fierceness ;) and the unusual vibe they have was right up my alley !

But wow... this is the first time I get emotional-teary when I watch them... I am usually excited and pumped ... but WOW... I hope they keep skating like this. It suits them and they do it brilliantly.

I watched Vanessa and Morgan after : yes, they put a lot of gimmicky transitions into their elements. Very acrobatic and fun to watch. However, if you watch pairs as much as I do... it is starting to look like a "less is more treatment" is soon to be needed... to focus more on quality than on circus elements... I still love them and will keep cheering for them.

Julianne and Charlie : seems to me that the only mistake came on the SBS where she doubled it.. (very strange as she is such a strong jumper)... so I wonder how come their scores are so low... I LOVED this program... for me this is their FIRST personal program, no longer junior looking, grown up and unique... ADORED it... I will be watching this one again and again...

I will spare everyone my comments about the other teams.... I didn't get to watch this live.. thanks to Mao88 for uploading the videos....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Great to see J/C slay and D/R are back in form! Looks like training together has brought out the best in each of them! Lovely SPs. :clap:

reneerose

Final Flight
I like that Julianne and Charlie went for something more edgy, but I'm not entirely a fan of that music...I'm going to have to watch it a bit more... Vanessa and Morgan are so much more polished and fluid this season; love their program and their costuming too!

andromache

Record Breaker
D/R have always been rather hit or miss for me, and while their Muse LP never did it for me in the past, this new SP is LIT.

I've always been a major fan of whenever Meagan and Eric use their friendship/partnership feelings to create the emotions needed to emote and perform to a stereotypically "romantic" piece, and the SP here is SPOT ON. Also love their styling. Probably my favorite program of theirs ever. Considering their struggles last season, surprised to see them looking so good now. I still prefer S/H and S/M, but D/R are definitely reminding us they're still in it (and that they have wayyyyyyy better programs than T/M).

J/C are my darlings. I love this team. This team deserves the world. I don't think I adore this SP as much as I adore D/R's though. J/C still need to work on matching their lines - they're worse than D/R at that. I am hoping J/C keep competing after the Olympics - could be their time to get a World medal, ESPECIALLY with some more maturity and seasoning. She's 30, but they still feel like a young pair.

skatemouse

On the Ice
I like that Julianne and Charlie went for something more edgy, but I'm not entirely a fan of that music...I'm going to have to watch it a bit more... Vanessa and Morgan are so much more polished and fluid this season; love their program and their costuming too!
i agree with your thoughts about Julianne and Charlie. I read somewhere that Vanessa and Morgan's costumes weren't ready so they were in practice wear. I just think it is funny everyone thinks it is their costumes? Proves you don't need to spend any money on costumes.:laugh::slink: