2017 CS Finlandia Mens SP | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Mens SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oct 06 - Oct 08, 2017
Espoo, Finland

Friday, 6 October 2017, 15:30 UTC +3 (EEST)
Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Samuel KOPPELEST
2Vincent ZHOUUSA
3Michal BREZINACZE
4Nicola TODESCHINISUI
5Andrei LAZUKINRUS
6Adam RIPPONUSA
Warm-Up Group 2
7Anton KARPUKBLR
8Mikhail KOLYADARUS
9Boyang JINCHN
10Tangxu LICHN
11Bela PAPPFIN
12Kevin REYNOLDSCAN
Warm-Up Group 3
13Valtter VIRTANENFIN
14Alexander PETROVRUS
15Ross MINERUSA
16Roman SADOVSKYCAN
17Daniel Albert NAURITSEST
18Paul FENTZGER

No.NameNation
1Anton KARPUK
SP: Innocence and Zydeko from Quidam by Cirque du Soleil; choreo by Olga Kalenkovich
FS: Man in the Iron Mask (soundtrack) by Nick Glennie-Smith; choreo by Olga Kalenkovich
BLR
2Kevin REYNOLDS
SP: Whiplash soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz, Hank Levy; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: The Armed Man (A Mass for Peace) by Karl Jenkins; choreo by Mark Pillay
CAN
3Roman SADOVSKY
SP: The Vampire Masquerade (Waltz) by Peter Gundry; choreo by C. Lane, J. Razguljaevs (SP)
FS: Sword Art Online soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura; choreo by C. Lane, , D. Wilson (FS)
CAN
4Boyang JIN
SP: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack by Tan Dun; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: Star Wars soundtrack and The Planets: Mars by Holst; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
5Tangxu LI
SP: Sand (feat. Karen Whipple) by Nathan Lanier; choreo by Elvin Wong (last season's program)
FS: Storybook Ending by Alan Menken, So Close by Jon McLaughlin from the Enchanted soundtrack; choreo by Elvin Wong (last season's program)
CHN
6Michal BREZINA
SP: "Lion" by Kodo (2010-11 SP); choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FS:Human by Jamie Hartman, Rory Graham, Stand by Me by Ben E. King, Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller, Human (MJ Cole Remix); choreo by Benoit Richaud
CZE
7Samuel KOPPEL
SP: Life on Mars by David Bowie; choreo by Liina-Greete Lilender
FS: Piano No Mori by Keisuke Shinohara; choreo by Liina-Greete Lilender
EST
8Daniel Albert NAURITS
SP: Tanguera by Sexteto Tango; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Benoit Richaud, N. Yanovskaia
FS: W.E. (soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Nikolai Morozov, Benoit Richaud, N. Yanovskaia
EST
9Bela PAPP
SP: Requiem For a Dream soundtrack by Clint Mansell; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: Tron Medley by Daft Punk; choreo by Mark Pillay
FIN
10Valtter VIRTANEN
SP: "Georgia On My Mind" performed by Ray Charles; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn
FS: La Strada soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Rostislav Sinicyn
FIN
11Paul FENTZ
SP: Wonderwall by Noel Gallagher performed by Paul Anka; choreo by Paul Boll, Mark Pillay
FS: Game of Thrones (soundtrack); choreo by Paul Boll, Mark Pillay
GER
12Mikhail KOLYADA
SP: Piano Concerto no. 23, Adagio movement, by Mozart, Tango; choreo by Olga Kliushnichenko
FS: Steamroller Blues by Elvis Presley, Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, Rip It Up by Elvis Presley; choreo by Olga Kliushnichenko
RUS
13Andrei LAZUKIN
SP: Malaguena (from "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" soundtrack); choreo. by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: Masquerade Waltz by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo. by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
WDMaxim KOVTUN
SP: Flamenco; choreo by Ilia Averbukh with Elena Maslennikova and Sergei Verbillo
FS: Pink Floyd medley; choreo by Ilia Averbukhwith Elena Maslennikova and Misha Ge
RUS
14Alexander PETROV
SP: Sabre Dance by Aram Khatchaturian; choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
FS: Chicago by Frank Sinatra, I'm Gonna Live Till I Die by Frank Sinatra (last year's); choreo by Tatiana Prokofieva
RUS
15Nicola TODESCHINI
SP: Smooth by Santana; choreo by John Zimmerman, J.F. Ballester, A. Solya
FS: Fix You by Coldplay, Scientist by Coldplay; choreo by John Zimmerman, J.F. Ballester, A. Solya
SUI
16Ross MINER
SP: "Cosmic Superhero" by Bart van Wissen, "Magic Cure" by Inkmash, "Downtown" by Macklemore, Ryan Lewis feat. Eric Nally; choreo by Jamie Isley, Adam Blake
FS: Queen medley (reusing 2016-17 LP): Somebody To Love, Love Of My Life, Crazy Little Thing Called Love; choreo by Jamie Isley, Adam Blake
USA
17Adam RIPPON
SP: "Advice Of Tomorrow" by Ciju Nelabai, "Let Me Think About It" (Eddie Thoneick Remix) performed by Ida Carr feat. Fedde Le Grand); choreo by Jeff Buttle
FS: "Arrival of the Birds" by The Cinematic Orchestra and "O" by Coldplay; choreo by Benji Schwimmer (last season's program)
USA
18Vincent ZHOU
SP: Chasing Cars cover by Cinematic Pop; choreo by Charlie White, Jeffrey Buttle, Drew Meekins
FS2 (current): Selections from Moulin Rouge soundtrack; choreo by Charlie White, Jeffrey Buttle, Drew Meekins
USA

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Adam RIPPON
SP: "Diamonds" by Rihanna (cover performed by Rippon); choreo by Benji Schwimmer and Jeff Buttle.

Like is Adam himself singing or playing an instrument? If so how exciting and brave :thumbsup: And i really like that he's keeping his lovely bird program. Hope his injury problems are gone so that he can perform on top.

GO Adam, I so want you to get an olympic spot!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Adam is singing. I'm so looking forward to seeing him skate again. I missed him very much .. I hope he and Ashley both defy expectations and give us beautiful skating in competitions for a few more years ... and I agree with you @ an olympic spot.

I'd rather he'd reprise his Beatles medley, but Bird will do. :) And I know that program is many people's favorite. :)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Interesting competition, a big fight to stand on the podium between e.g. Jin, Kolyada, Kovtun and Zhou, maybe Rippon, too.

I look forward to Kolyada's Elvis routine. An unusual choice of Elvis songs. Steamroller Blues was actually a song by James Taylor written to make fun of all the inauthentic fake blues song of the 1960s. (Lyrics: "I'm a steamroller baby. I'm bout to roll all over you. ... I'm a cement mixer baby. A churning urn of burning funk. ..")

For Rip it up (originally by Little Richard) I won't be able to resist comparing Mikhail's interpretation with Kristi Yamaguchi's :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKkpZ8z0y8

sheetz

Record Breaker
I heard Kovtun is better but that because of his injury he's behind schedule with his training. Hence the withdrawals from here and SC.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Hurray! At least it is not in the middle of the night for Eastern Coast. 15:30 Finland = 8:30 EST
What a star studded competition! Good luck Roman, Kevin, Boyang!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Should be a good competition. Shame, Max ain't there and that they didn't replace him with Sergei.
Excited to see Boyang and wishing good luck to Roman.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great line up of men! I expect to be thoroughly entertained by Boyang, love his music choices.

Looking forward to seeing Adam and Kevin!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I heard Kovtun is better but that because of his injury he's behind schedule with his training. Hence the withdrawals from here and SC.

That isn't what Goncharenko said in the last interview - apparently he has back pain from an old injury that flares up when he practices jumps and they don't have a time frame on when it will be better. Reminds me of Adian a little bit, but hopefully not that serious.

http://fs-gossips.com/maxim-kovtun-withdrew-from-grand-prix-in-canada/

Tutto

Record Breaker
Should be a good competition. Shame, Max ain't there and that they didn't replace him with Sergei.
Andrei Lazukin was a substitute not Sergei (who already stepped in at Nepela to replace Aliev) so naturally Lazukin will skate here

Tutto

Record Breaker
I look forward to Kolyada's Elvis routine. An unusual choice of Elvis songs. Steamroller Blues was actually a song by James Taylor written to make fun of all the inauthentic fake blues song of the 1960s. (Lyrics: "I'm a steamroller baby. I'm bout to roll all over you. ... I'm a cement mixer baby. A churning urn of burning funk. ..")

For Rip it up (originally by Little Richard) I won't be able to resist comparing Mikhail's interpretation with Kristi Yamaguchi's :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKkpZ8z0y8

I am so clueless about any pop music (oh lets not start the old one - what IS pop music...;)) so as a big fan of Kolyada I am happy to learn that these music cuts are unusual. I think the program fits him like a glove.
You go Mika!

And let the battle of 4lzs begin!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

He already performed it at Ondrej Nepela and it looked like he had no idea who Elvis is...one hip swivel does not make you Elvis. Looked just like his last 2 LPs. We'll see if it has improved here.

For the record, I never liked Javi's Elvis program either. Nic Nadeau was the only man who really had a great Elvis program so far.

He already performed it at Ondrej Nepela and it looked like he had no idea who Elvis is...one hip swivel does not make you Elvis. Looked just like his last 2 LPs. We'll see if it has improved here. ...

Thanks for the tip. I just watched the Nepala performance. I thought it was great, minus the two falls.

Here's what I think. If an entertainer has a hankering to join the "Elvis impersonators" club -- well, "Only Fools Rush In." Kolyada is not trying to mimic or lip-sinc (or make fun of) the King. He is skating to Elvis music.

sheetz

Record Breaker
That isn't what Goncharenko said in the last interview - apparently he has back pain from an old injury that flares up when he practices jumps and they don't have a time frame on when it will be better. Reminds me of Adian a little bit, but hopefully not that serious.

http://fs-gossips.com/maxim-kovtun-withdrew-from-grand-prix-in-canada/

Well, I'm relating what I saw in this tweet from a Japanese fan. Who knows, it could be wrong.

https://twitter.com/keichika99/status/914239549404012545

Translation: On his Instagram story, Kovtun said that the medical treatment for his back is ended and that he has begun to practice. But since there isn't enough time he is skipping Skate Canada. He thanks the fans for their support, and without them he would have given up long ago.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Is the starting order available anywhere? The provided link doesn't show anything... :(