2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
All the countries who needed to qualify have gone, so here's the final tally. Those above the line have qualified a quota spot to the 2018 Winter Olympics, those below are now reserves.

Australia
Sweden
Switzerland
Brazil
Finland
Ukraine
Philippines
Estonia
Austria
Slovenia
Hong Kong
Norway
Czech Republic
Great Britain
Lithuania
Azerbaijan
Turkey
Denmark
Serbia
Poland
Liechtenstein
Netherlands
Bulgaria
Thailand
Mexico
South Africa
Greece
Malaysia
United Arab Emirates

Israel withdrew? Not listed as WD but not on the start list.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm giving the French Masters a pass, don't want to spoil everything before the GP series start.
But there's a whole weekend's worth of JGP to catch up with... and a couple of hundred of little square origami pieces to fold still, so, yeah.

cl2

Final Flight
All the countries who needed to qualify have gone, so here's the final tally. Those above the line have qualified a quota spot to the 2018 Winter Olympics, those below are now reserves.

Australia
Sweden
Switzerland
Brazil
Finland
Ukraine
Philippines
Estonia
Austria
Slovenia
Hong Kong
Norway
Czech Republic
Great Britain
Lithuania
Azerbaijan
Turkey
Denmark
Serbia
Poland
Liechtenstein
Netherlands
Bulgaria
Thailand
Mexico
South Africa
Greece
Malaysia
United Arab Emirates

Israel withdrew? Not listed as WD but not on the start list.

How does the reserve list work? If a qualified country's skater withdraws, does the open spot go to another skater in that country, or to a skater in the reserve country?

gold12345

Medalist
Thought Kailani would be first in the free skate but she gets hurt by the flutz, and got full credit for one fewer triple. But the important thing is she got the win! She looked so happy.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
How does the reserve list work? If a qualified country's skater withdraws, does the open spot go to another skater in that country, or to a skater in the reserve country?

Spots are qualified to the country, not the skater. So just because Skater X earned the spot for their country does not mean that the country can't decide to enter Skater Y to the Olympics as long as they're age eligible with TES mins.

Countries technically have until October 30th to decide if they will use their Nebelhorn spots.

Jana

On the Ice

The sport are for countries, not for skaters. The skaters must meet the conditions for start at OG (citizenship, scores).

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Kailani!:clap: Just beautiful. Best skate of the competition for me by far. And I just love that program, and the way she carries it off. Really hope to see her skate at the OG!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So it seems that now that the chips have fallen... a number of countries qualified in 3/4 disciplines... so we have no idea who will be in the team event yet do we?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Just came back to see this has ended and Kailani won! Congrats!!! Now I have to go hunt down videos.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Olympic Spots thread is up to date!

So it seems that now that the chips have fallen... a number of countries qualified in 3/4 disciplines... so we have no idea who will be in the team event yet do we?

We know there are 13 countries who have qualified enough (at least 3) disciplines: Canada, USA, Russia, China, Italy, France, and Germany all have 4 disciplines. Japan, Israel, South Korea, Czech Republic, Australia, and Ukraine all have 3 disciplines. (Note that the order I typed these countries in means nothing. It's just how I had them listed on my chart.)

Points are being tracked in this thread by GF2445

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Is this Australia's best senior B season to date? Huge congrats to Kailani and :hap10: to everyone who qualified!

Sad for Galustyan. I haven't seen the video but I hope she can be proud of how far she pulled up in the FS.