2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Ladies FS

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I was checking the protocols, and I always wandered what's ChSq1? 2 points. What sequence is this in singles?

Ender

Match Penalty
I was checking the protocols, and I always wandered what's ChSq1? 2 points. What sequence is this in singles?
Choreographic sequence where you technically don’t have to fulfill the strict requirements of step sequence. It has fixed base value but no level. That’s why it’s written as ChSq1

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Sad for Galustyan. I haven't seen the video but I hope she can be proud of how far she pulled up in the FS.

Love her a lot.
Her FS was pretty good.
The stream died in the middle.
She still had mistakes, which she couldn't afford.
Needed more than a PB to qualify, and didn't get it.
And the poor dear was skating in practice clothes.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Well, Paganini found a way to get to the Olympics. This probably wouldn't have happened if she'd remained skating for the US. I assume she has no real competition in Switzerland and already has her ticket stamped?

(Good luck with the quad salchow, u can do it!!)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Amazing comeback Isadora, so happy for you for making it to the big O! The music sounds like a sunnier riff of the classic Vangelis OST For A year of living dangerously.

I really enjoyed Kailani's dynamic exhilarating ultra chic FS music program too, congrats to you for able to skate your heart out there and make it shine!

I am even liking the very literal Four seasons program from Nathalie complete with weather effects lol... Nice challenging piece of choreography corresponding to the altering music changes while maintaining stamina, power, speed and grace somehow. With more polish and attention to detail it can be a great showpiece at the Olympics (some tweaks towards the end perhaps and obviously land those jumps). A warhorse worth going to war with. Wonder who choreographed it...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I really liked Alesia. I did not know she is not Swiss, as her name is either Italian or Swiss (Italian part). Anyway she is very good and being 15, she has the world ahead. Anyway, she has an easy to remember name, due to the great Nicolo.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Is this Australia's best senior B season to date? Huge congrats to Kailani and :hap10: to everyone who qualified!

Sad for Galustyan. I haven't seen the video but I hope she can be proud of how far she pulled up in the FS.

She really pushed up,the ranks. She was coming into the competition as a top contender to take one of those spots.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I approve Kailani's MOULIN ROUGE
That is the biggest shock to me of this whole competition

Best Part of her Moulin Rouge...none of the singing.
Firecracking intensity

On a separate issue....lutz edge call. It seems that from comp to comp she does the lutz correctly and the flip incorrectly or the other way around- incorrect lutz but correct flip.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Congrats to Kailani. Incidentally her dress is along the lines of what I was imagining for Ashley Wagner's return to Moulin Rouge this season. She does have some green coloring and nude fabric that are different though. Ashley should probably still go for a full silver+black dress, if she wants an iconic look from the movie that she hasn't already used.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Congrats to Kailani. Incidentally her dress is along the lines of what I was imagining for Ashley Wagner's return to Moulin Rouge this season. She does have some green coloring and nude fabric that are different though. Ashley should probably still go for a full silver+black dress, if she wants an iconic look from the movie that she hasn't already used.
Moulin Rouge? I thought Ashley was skating her Hip Hip Chin Chin SP and her FS would be to La La Land?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
On a separate issue....lutz edge call. It seems that from comp to comp she does the lutz correctly and the flip incorrectly or the other way around- incorrect lutz but correct flip.

She and Brooklee have always had that issue, but both of them have been working very hard to correct it. I guess the alternating is a symptom of that work.

*giggling happily* Good morning, everyone!

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I missed the ladies FS yesterday (was skating myself) and would like to see Algotssons free skate does anyone have a link to a video?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I missed the ladies FS yesterday (was skating myself) and would like to see Algotssons free skate does anyone have a link to a video?
The stream died in the middle of her performance, so that may be why no one uploaded a video of it [emoji22]

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
I wonder who Sweden will send and if they will use the spot. Since both Matilda and Joshi never have been to the OG before SOC (Swedish olympic committee) tends to have way less requirements, so hopefully there will at least be a Swedish lady at OG.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Kailani probably has my favorite Moulin Rouge program of the season by sheer originality in musical cuts chosen. And her dress is so on point!

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
I wonder who Sweden will send and if they will use the spot. Since both Matilda and Joshi never have been to the OG before SOC (Swedish olympic committee) tends to have way less requirements, so hopefully there will at least be a Swedish lady at OG.

There are two more ladies who might be contenders. Anita Östlund who is 16 (beat all other three at nordics last season and had a verry good jgp a few weeks back) and Isabelle Olsson who is 24 the same age as Joshi (won swedish elite series final before the other three at the end of last season). Matilda is 19.
My personal guess is that it will be Anita or Mattilda since bouth of them are young and promising enough to fulfill what SOC call the future criteria (you basically needs to have a decent chance at beeing really good at next olympics) where as my guess is that Joshi and Isabelle will be to old in 4 years to have a good chance at making the olympics and SOC will probably be harder on them because of that.

viennaskater

Medalist
Kailani Craine's LP is a world-beater, the most exciting ladies' programme I've seen in a long time and definitely my fave of the season so far! Mind you, the season's barely started ...

Great for her! And great to see Australia moving up the rankings!