2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Ladies FS

Nika09

On the Ice
Firstly, congratulations for all medalists!!

And.. feeling so sorry for Kaori. It seems she was very nervous during performances, LP particularly. That's the reason why her "Amelie" wasn't as sophisticated and enjoyable as during summer show. And the mistakes...But I still like this program so much (didn't expect but like her SP either). So it became little unsuccessful senior debut for Sakamoto, but good luck and best wishes to her for next ones!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Firstly, congratulations for all medalists!!

And.. feeling so sorry for Kaori. It seems she was very nervous during performances, LP particularly. That's the reason why her "Amelie" wasn't as sophisticated and enjoyable as during summer show. And the mistakes...But I still like this program so much (didn't expect but like her SP either). So it became little unsuccessful senior debut for Sakamoto, but good luck and best wishes to her for next ones!

I think Kaori's senior debut competition was Asian Trophy, where she won.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
There is firm logic behind my assumptions. To get her PB Alina improved her BV by 3 points. Marin's BV was 3 points lower than in Taipei.

In fact, Zagitova: JWC BV 97.88 Lombardia BV 100.98
Honda: JWC BV 92.22 US 89.36

Difference BV JWC 5.66 Difference total score 6.99
Difference BV challengers 11.62

Then to assume that the difference in total score would be about 12 (factoring -1 for a fall) is a very sound assumption. And Marin's score would be arounf 206 as I previously suggested.

For podium ambitions Honda needs to build BV - this is sport after all.

Well Marin doubled a 3S so that's some lost points right there. There's also no saying if she'd have gotten some better GOE if she hadn't skated at altitude. We did hear she collapsed as soon as she got off ice. That reminds me of Shoma's first competition, actually. :) We also don't know if the new SP will be all back loaded. Maybe everyone will get inspired by the Eteri ladies and start back loading. I'm willing to bet Marin will be on the Skate Canada podium, even if she makes no changes to her layouts. We'll just have to see what happens with the rest of the ladies as the season progresses.

Ender

Match Penalty
Clean Higuchi back to back (let's ignore the UR in the SP) couldn't win against Zagitova (with a knee fall), why people think a Honda with a pop has a chance to win?

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
There's no way in the world a clean Honda can beat a clean Zagitova. It's sad but it's true.
Zagitova's TES gives a lot of cushion. I think Honda's PCS should be much higher than Zagitova but hey.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I know Kaori Sakamoto didn't have the best skate of the night but this moment was probably my favorite in the ladies competition. That combo matched the music cues perfectly and I love it when that happens.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Congrats to Mirai for showing her funk and Karen and Honda for doing it when it counted. I know this is encouraging for Mirai in particular - trying the 3A but I have to say I am kind of disappointed in the American top ladies. Because even with tech issues one would have thought or hope their pcs would be enough to hold off Honda and that is not the case. Also, while it is early mirai and ur's are still a concern. Wrong tech callers and she might get buried. Just saying. Of course this is very early. Honda is impressive so far

lanark

On the Ice
Congrats to Mirai for showing her funk and Karen and Honda for doing it when it counted. I know this is encouraging for Mirai in particular - trying the 3A but I have to say I am kind of disappointed in the American top ladies. Because even with tech issues one would have thought or hope their pcs would be enough to hold off Honda and that is not the case. Also, while it is early mirai and ur's are still a concern. Wrong tech callers and she might get buried. Just saying. Of course this is very early. Honda is impressive so far
I think Honda has the greatest artistic potential from the young skaters. Her PCS should get higher as the season goes by. She's a natural! 😂
Also, she has great choreo, better than Nagasu, imo.
I'm waiting for her new SP. If it is as good as her LP I think not only she will get her Olympic ticket, she may be a surprise...

I'm actually kinda hopeful for both Honda and Nagasu. It would be great to see both on the podium. Mirai because she's totally going for it and her strong will makes me root for her. And Honda because I think that in this era of busy choreos with no clean lines and all the unbalanced backloaded programs, full of Tanos and no feeling, I think Marin is a breath of fresh air. I love to see her skate. :)

But then again, there's Wakaba whose SP I absolutely adore. And there are the Canadians who I haven't seen skate yet. And also Ashley Wagner might bring her A game. And the Russians are coming. LOL 😂

excited!!!!! Olympics season is the best season! 😂

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Not seeing anyone assume that Honda would beat Zagitova. Just that she'd have done better and maybe improved her PB had she been at Lombardia. Or am I missing something? :scratch2:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know Kaori Sakamoto didn't have the best skate of the night but this moment was probably my favorite in the ladies competition. That combo matched the music cues perfectly and I love it when that happens.

Wow, I think she grew up quite a bit since last season :eek: Tasty program, execution though is far from desired.