2017 Four Continents Men FS | Page 87 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men FS

da96103

Record Breaker
Okay, I can't obviosuly read everything posted during these 4CC days and maybe you guys have already talked abou it- I just wanted to ask for an opinion- there were a few words quoted on Twitter from Arutunyan- that what we saw from Nathan is not everything, they are planning something new. What is your idea of this new- my guess they want to show it at Worlds 2017. New quad? Two quads in second half? I mean- if they add another 10 points to the BV- they beat all the current Men elite. And that is not impossible given Nathan's present health and skill. What you think?

Replace one axel with one between Lutz and flip and go for six quads + 1 3A this will be next season, Jin will do the same, Hanyu will go for 5 quads I am sure about it and at the end skater who stays not broken wins Olympic :) ...

Nathan's layout would look quite simple:
4Lz+3T
4Lz
4F+2T+2 Lo
4F
4S
4T
3A
3Lz+3T

Hanyu's uber-complicated layout would look like this
4Lo
4Lz or p3Lz (p=pop)
3F
4T+3T or p3T+e4T (e=emergency)
4S+1Lo+3S or p3S+1Lo+e4S
3A+2T
3A or e4T
3Lz or e4Lz

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
4Lz+3T
4Lz
4F+2T+2 Lo
4F
4S
4T
3A
3Lz+3T

4Lo
4Lz or p3Lz (p=pop)
3F
4S+1Lo+3S or p3S+1Lo+e4S
3A+2T
3A or e4T
3Lz or e4Lz

This is actually super amusing and frightening at the same time. For both of them. I'd be afraid for Nathan's bones if that was to be his ultimate layout due to the sheer difficulty of jumping two 4Lz and two 4F. And even though all those popstar possibilities hurt my soul as a Yuzuru fan, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened and he tried those crazy emergency quads. Though a 4Lz as a last emergency jumping pass is making me want to cry.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
4Lz+3T
4Lz
4F+2T+2 Lo
4F
4S
4T
3A
3Lz+3T

4Lo
4Lz or p3Lz (p=pop)
3F
4S+1Lo+3S or p3S+1Lo+e4S
3A+2T
3A or e4T
3Lz or e4Lz

Nathan will medvedeva it by adding 3t to every jumps and adding tanos and jump robe hops randomly. Once he does this, his PCS will be uncatchable.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Can't do this because 3 jumps are repeated: 4Lz, 4F, and 3T.

Maybe:

4Lz3T
4Lz
4F2T
4F
4S
4T
3A1Lo3F
3Lz

I'm trying to imagine this scenario:

Nathan's layout would have a scary 102.61 BV in jumps alone. This assuming only four jump passes with second-half bonus and also assuming Nathan and Raf don't decide to go all-Hanyu on us and put all combo jumps in the second half.

The only way for Yuzuru to catch up on this BV with only 5 quads would be for him to do something like: 4Lz 4Lo 3F // 4Lo-3T 4T 3A-1Lo-4S 3A-2T 3Lz, with 99.21 jump BV. Or replace the 2T with a 3Lo (which he's never done) and voila, 103.17.

Meanwhile, comes Shoma with 4Lo 4F 3Lz // 3A-4T 4S 4T-3T 3A-1Lo-3F 3Lo, maybe, with a 99.93 BV. Heck, maybe he'll repeat another 4F in combo, sort of like 4F-3T 4Lo 3Lz // 4F 3A-4T 4S 3A-1Lo-3F 3Lo for 101.70 and he has no doubles, yay.

And then Boyang Jin decides to go crazy too and go possibly 4Lz-3T 4Lz 4Lo // 4T-2T 4S 4T 3A-1Lo-3S 3Lz at 100.48 jump BV.

:shocked:

Whoever wins will be the one who YOLOs a rotated 4A.

Or doesn't die.

Last edited:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I wonder if anyone would do a carrotted 4A (4.0-4.25 rotated axel) just to increase the BV!

If a 4A< has a higher BV than 3Lz, why not?

What a time to be alive and cry in pain just thinking about it.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
lets bet, which is will be out first?
- Yuzu's 4A
- Nathan's 5T

jk, lol

You say you're kidding but right now I wouldn't surprised if we soon see such shining examples as 4Lz-4T, 4S-1Lo-4S, 4T-4T, 3A-1Lo-4F and even 5T, the way things are going.

liv

Record Breaker
And if they could do those jumps, you know all the crossovers that connected them would achieve huge PCS!!!!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Actually I think Hanyu may be strong enough right now to pull off that 4A. That 3A after 4,5 min was really big, so maybe he would be able to do it with more setup at beginning of program

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
And if they could do those jumps, you know all the crossovers that connected them would achieve huge PCS!!!!

Yeah, no matter how impressive all this looks on paper, and how impressive landing all these 5-6 quads would look, I think it would very likely kill the kind of skating and footwork that is part of what has made me interested in Figure Skating.

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Actually I think Hanyu may be strong enough right now to pull off that 4A. That 3A after 4,5 min was really big, so maybe he would be able to do it with more setup at beginning of program

Hanyu's Evolution of 4A
Post Olympic: Season 2018-2019

1st GP event 4A<<
2nd GP event 4A<
GPF 4A no carrots :clap:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Handsome?? He looks creepy and always has.

As for his skating, I cannot understand all the adulation on here. AS USUAL - his skating was flawed and his performance completely soulless.

Each time he skates I want to give him a chance but it never happens. Whereas you take the likes of Hanyu, Ge and Jason Brown and I can FEEL the artistry and emotion.

He looks "creepy" and his performances are "completely soulless."

And you want to "give him a chance" each time he skates...

Well ok then.

:scratch3:

sallycinnamon

Medalist

Unless he injures himself before he could try it at a competition.

:hopelessness:

viennaskater

Medalist
He looks "creepy" and his performances are "completely soulless."

And you want to "give him a chance" each time he skates...

Well ok then.

:scratch3:

That's right - give him a chance to show me what all the fuss is about. Still waiting.

I'm just glad there are plenty of other skaters who have the ability to amaze, delight and astound me, for example, the ones I mentioned. Also could add Shoma Uno to the mix.

da96103

Record Breaker
That's right - give him a chance to show me what all the fuss is about. Still waiting.

I'm just glad there are plenty of other skaters who have the ability to amaze, delight and astound me, for example, the ones I mentioned. Also could add Shoma Uno to the mix.

Though I am not the most ardent fan of Patrick, his FS at CoC was a thing of beauty if you exclude the 4S fall. I was hoping to see his best performance when he started landing the 4S cleanly at GPF and again Nationals. I think he still has it in him to give one more good back to back SP and FS in a competition just like Federer or Sampras before he retires.