2017 GP NHK Trophy Pairs SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Trophy Pairs SP

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Never over it. And it's not like it's the first, second or third time he's not been good at being a pair partner. Dylan would never have done that.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
but macaroni marinara is so deadly boring :(

At least Kirsten is a little firecracker. I luh dat girl. But yeah his lifting capabilities are terrifying.

I think Gravy just drove the fun bus right over me. And then threw it into reverse and did it again just to make sure my heart was broken.

:squished:

:console:

Just an observation. If S&B skate well at Nationals, I don't think the federation will have any problem sending them.

that's his thing :rofl:
:eeking:

:laugh:

Kutien

Final Flight
Dailymotion / Radikal 720HD

1Wenjing SUI / Cong HANCHN79.43video
2Ksenia STOLBOVA Fedor KLIMOVRUS75.05video
3Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOVRUS70.47video
4Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIMUSA65.86video
5Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAUCAN63.98video
6Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFERAUT62.61video
7Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDETJPN51.69video
8Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARAJPN44.83video

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
At least Kirsten is a little firecracker. I luh dat girl. But yeah his lifting capabilities are terrifying.

:console:

Just an observation. If S&B skate well at Nationals, I don't think the federation will have any problem sending them.

:laugh:
:still squished: thanks. I'll be heartbroken if I/M and S/B don't make it to the Olympics.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Are you celebrating? :hap85: Cause I'm waiting with that for tomorrow. Can't get my hopes too high yet.

Of course, tomorrow's another day. But I'm totally happy that, at least what the SP is concerned, they're back on track. I want them to be like they were at GP Final 2015. I love both their programmes this year and I'm very confident now that they can pull it off. I'm not saying they're gonna beat S/H tomorrow or anytime soon, but if they skate like today, it should be a very good score for second place. Fingers crossed!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Of course, tomorrow's another day. But I'm totally happy that, at least what the SP is concerned, they're back on track. I want them to be like they were at GP Final 2015. I love both their programmes this year and I'm very confident now that they can pull it off. I'm not saying they're gonna beat S/H tomorrow or anytime soon, but if they skate like today, it should be a very good score for second place. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I want to see them at GPF again.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Oh no.. OH NO. He's not even in Japan.

I might have to take custody of Poje just to preserve his virtue. He could come to my house and reach all the things on my highest shelves and help me change lightbulbs.

Don't forget taken down the Christmas decorations from the attic. In his kilt, no doubt. ;)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a wee reminder that Eurosport 2 are showing highlights of the Pairs SP in between the LIVE coverage of the Ladies SP and the Men's SP

Here is the link for the British Eurosport 2 coverage on the Player (starting NOW):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/channel/e2br

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpjpn2017/time0303.pdf

Hope this helps.

I'm not going to watch any of the skating when it is being broadcast today, because I will be watching the MotoGP Free Practice.

CaroLiza_fan

whatif

Medalist
Liking S/K slow progress. Hope they pick at the right time. They are not SP skaters, but with that twist they may need something else to close the gap. What else can they really do? S/H will most definitely lead after SP at the olympics but they can catch up in FS if the gap is 1-2 points.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
another amazing performance from Wenjing and Cong - the quality of integration so many elements, factors together and making it all flow is just superb. They seem not only to work those elements, but to also work that music, making it sing louder and more impactful through picture created by movement. I think that they are becoming a class on their own to re-create the actual feel/emotion of the music and to give it out, reach with it to so many people. They also got so good in highlighting musical accents/rises in their gestures/expression - it really feels that they are into performance as a whole, not taking care only over clean execution, but to give something more.

again, I love the simplicity of choreography, how the elements actually match the lyrics of some sort. And I love the flowy quality of transitions - this one in spread eagles face-to-face with Sui standing on Han's skates is just splendid, also this one before death spiral - it's just right amount of novelty and intricacy inside of choreo to get it more substance than just mandatory elements.

and they feel in reception, whole presentation much more mature, composed, controlled and conscious - there is no 'accidentality' there from them, yet is so naturally polished to look at. I love how well-thought their material became, blending exceptional technical ability and quality of elements (those throws are mammoth!) with so much of easiness, dance-like quality in flow of the skating, actual expression, emotion, musicality.

Bcash

Final Flight
Is there any English language commentator who pronounces Han's name correctly? It's TSong, not Kong!

andromache

Record Breaker
Sui/Han are a dream. This program is gorgeous. They're gorgeous. God.

Nice to see S/K not skate like hot messes. Their skating is mesmerizing, as always. Was their timing in the StSq or is it just the way it is choreographed in spots? I hope to finally see their LP semi-clean.

I AM SUCH A SAPPPP for Scimeca/Knierem's SP, Moulin Rouge and all. Of course they messed up the SBS jumps. Of course. What else do we expect from US pairs? Anyway, I'd love to see them win bronze here.

JustMe

On the Ice
I actually feel that Stolbova/Klimov SP is not very Olympic. It's a tune that's been heard so many times before. They can do so much better...

The irony is that it's always during the olympic season when we most hear overused music!
Sui & Han have proven they can perform and interpret most styles of music convincingly (blues, flamenco, classical, etc), and could have gone in multiple directions with their short program musical choice. Most music lovers agree that KD Lang's rendition of Hallelujah is a great piece of music in itself, and with S/H's talent, and the way it's choreographed and constructed, this truly is a great program that will be tough to beat if skated perfectly.
I believe Stolbova & Klimov's short will actually stand out amongst most of the field, because of the music. In fact, I think it is the perfect musical choice for them because it highlights some of their strengths (speed, edgy chemistry, sultry performance style). And actually, skated cleanly, I think it's one of my favorite short programs this season.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is there any English language commentator who pronounces Han's name correctly? It's TSong, not Kong!

I know right :slink: Pinyin is deceptive but it's not so difficult to check it. I remember how Polish commentators used to pronounce Pang Qing / Páng Qīng ( 庞清 ) - ''Kweeng'' :drama:, actually the first real consonant of her name (Qing) is easy for Polish people once you recognize it as it's present in Polish language (unlike in Englsh for example) ʨʰ - it's like aspirated Polish ''ć''.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I know right :slink: Pinyin is deceptive but it's not so difficult to check it. I remember how Polish commentators used to pronounce Pang Qing / Páng Qīng ( 庞清 ) - ''Kweeng'' :drama:, actually the first real consonant of her name (Qing) is easy for Polish people once you recognize it as it's present in Polish language (unlike in Englsh for example) ʨʰ - it's like aspirated Polish ''ć''.

Should also be easy to read Cong as "Tsong' since it would literally be read it as we see it. But commentators still pronounce it as "Kong" for some reason....