2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs FS

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I wonder if Mervin and Marissa have considered skating for Canada next quad? Citizenship is much easier to get here than the US and they train in Montreal so residency won't be a problem. With both D/R and I/M almost certainly retiring they'd probably be able to place here. Dual citizenship is your friend Marissa. It doesn't seem like the USFGA has a lot of interest in them.

With how they're skating I'm not sure Canada will have much interest in them either, retirements or no

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have come to hate the Across the Universe soundtrack. Why not use the beatles?

MalAssada

Medalist
My stream has a 5 second delay on sound, but at least it isn't freezing every few seconds for minutes.

bixby

Final Flight
Really impressed by Marchei and Hotarek how they've grown in pairs. Looking forward to their performance.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
With how they're skating I'm not sure Canada will have much interest in them either, retirements or no

Well.. after MTM/MM the ground is pretty thin. I like R/W but I'm not sure about the rest.

I just don't think they have any chance in the US if you look at how they are being shuffled.

gold12345

Medalist
Hoping Marissa and Marvin skate a good one for goodness sake. I just don't see any improvement at all every time I see them compete. What do they do in practice, practice falling? My patience has ran out already. I thought they were promising, now it's embarrassing to see them fall on their solo jump. It happens all the time like it's almost predictable.

Yesterday they fell on the throw, a throw salchow no less, so the issues are not isolated to just the jumps.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Noooo....that's the equivalent of....Sui/Han skating to 'Blurred Lines'! (GS needs a puke-emoji)

If anyone ever skates to Blurred Lines this will be the end of my relationship with figure skating :laugh:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I wonder if Mervin and Marissa have considered skating for Canada next quad? Citizenship is much easier to get here than the US and they train in Montreal so residency won't be a problem. With both D/R and I/M almost certainly retiring they'd probably be able to place here. Dual citizenship is your friend Marissa. It doesn't seem like the USFGA has a lot of interest in them.

But to be fair, they haven't given USF a reason to get behind them. They need to LAND THOSE DARN JUMPS. If they went out and skated lights out at every event and made the podium USF would change their tune. Both of them are too talented to skate the way they are right now. Nobody trains hard every day to skate below potential.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET (JPN)

Music: Girl by The Beatles; Let It Be by The Beatles; All My Loving by The Beatles; I Want to Hold Your Hand by The Beatles

Dark blue costumes, silver sparkle

3Tw - low catch
2S - she pop, he did 3S
3LoTh
5RLi - wobbly first position
3T<<+COMBO - she did 3T<<(foot down)+2T, he did 3T+2T
ChSq
3STh - hand down
BoDs
5RLi - bit wobbly takeoff
FCCoSp
PCoSp
3Li - hesitant

Rather messy skate, even all their lifts seemed off

FS: 39.14+48.73 = 87.87, 136.80, 1/1

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is this "let's see how many Beatles songs we can put in one program" porgram? UGH.