Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oct 20 - Oct 22, 2017
Moscow, Russia

Pairs Short Program
Friday, 20 October 2017, 18:30 UTC +3

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

STARTING ORDER​

ENTRIES​

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
2Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU
SP: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde; choreo (in part?) by Samuel Chouinard
FS: Where's My Love (SYML); choreo by David Wilson and Marie-France Dubreuil
CAN
3Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP: "Tu vuo fa l'americano, " performed by Renato Carosone; choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: The Great Italian Tradition from the Amarcord soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev
ITA
4Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP: "Sakura" (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu (Reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beatles medley: "Girl," "Let It Be" (cover),"All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (cover); choreo by Julie Marcotte)
JPN
5Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV
SP: Adagio For Strings by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Requiem in D Minor by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, O Fortuna (from "Carmina Burana") by Carl Orff; choreo by Sergei Komolov
FS: Another Day Of Sun from "La La Land" (soundtrack) by Justin Hurwitz, City Of Stars from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz, Epilogue from "La La Land" soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz; choreo by Sergei Komolov
RUS
6Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
SP: "Tango de Besame" performed by Benise; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
FS: "Carmen Suite" by Bizet; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
RUS
7Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: Candyman by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUS
8Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN
SP: "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Woman" by Shawn Phillips; choreo by Julie Marcotte
USA

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I always find it an odd choice when a skater/pair chooses a song with the word "fallin" or "fall" in the title. I think that just asks for jump trouble. LOL

LadyB

Record Breaker
I can't even begin to describe how nervous I am already! :scard8:
Of course I want with all my heart that S/K win. I'll need a lot of positive thoughts knowing their little hiccups and bad luck sometimes. If everything goes well, this should not be a problem.
I do like T/M a lot and genuinely wish them well, but I think both their programmes are no match for the Besame Mucho & Carmen variations Ksenia & Fedor are able to show. If they sort out their weak spots, they could be back at their best, which is totally awesome.

A/R do deserve a bit of good luck, I like their SP. I looooooove M/H, hope they have great skates too. Welcome back S/B, about time!
Most of all: tape your bootlaces, Fedy my love! :luv17:

Update: Latest interview with Fedor. He says his health has been restored and that they'll go for the triple twist, no matter what!!!

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1056639163.html

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A bit of a dilemma for me here, I’m a big fan of both T/M and S/K. I expect them to go 1-2 but based on the Seniors B’s so far I think T/M are the favourites.

S/K didn’t have the best outing in Finlandia but despite the errors I liked both programmes and think they have great potential. A few weeks of extra training should hopefully stand them in good stead. I was slightly nervous watching T/M in Nebelhorn and the free was not near as bad as I expected (still not my favorite of theirs). TES wise everything was done well but PCS wise I think they have work to do.

One thing that was evident from both of them was that the quality of their skating is superior to all the other couples. I always knew that with S/K but it really struck with T/M when I watched them after S/M, I felt they were far superior to S/M.

It will be interesting to see who rounds out the podium. I assume it will be S/B but I think A/R or M/H could push them. I hope everyone skates well.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
World Feed is now on air.

Here is the link for the archived World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...f-russia/06c6a78f-8102-49b1-9a5a-32fd8c0539eb

Unfortunately, the only Shorts competition being shown on Eurosport’s linear TV channels was the Men. :disapp:

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gprus2017/gprus2017_Pairs_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gprus2017/SEG005.HTM

Hope this helps.

I'm going to give the Pairs a miss, because I want to make sure I'm finished eating before the Ladies start.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm here for pairs. My favourite! Please let the board hold up.

No aborted lifts or crashy twists! I've stopped wishing for sbs jumps to be clean or sbs spins to be synched so I hold out for good lifts.

Good luck to T/M, S/K and of course my favourites Julianne and Charlie. *fingers crossed*

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh..and I hope Mervin and Marissa have a good outing. Such a rough time they have had.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Couldn't watch Men or Ice Dance, but fortunately I can watch Pairs :luv17:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Wasn't that Edvin Marton?

Wikipedia: Edvin Marton is a Ukrainian-born Hungarian composer and violinist. He became known as the violinist of the skaters, mainly because Evgeni Plushenko, Stéphane Lambiel, and other famous skaters often skated to his music.

:thank: