2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Pairs SP

tulosai

Record Breaker
Now to see if my baby will finally cooperate to let me watch an entire segment of a figure skating event...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
why do I always think the Austrian pair broke up last year? I think I'm confusing them with the German pair for some reason.

tulosai

Record Breaker
why do I always think the Austrian pair broke up last year? I think I'm confusing them with the German pair for some reason.

They are romantically involved, I think a split is unlikely. They do seem frustrated with results this season though, might retire after Olys. Just a hunch though.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Now to see if my baby will finally cooperate to let me watch an entire segment of a figure skating event...

One of my cats jumped up 2 times during the men's and once during dance and shut down feeds. Just be grateful your baby can't disconnect your internet..yet.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The forum is back to normal speed. Has they fixed the tech issues or is the Pairs event just not as popular? There are no non Russian big names here.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
They are romantically involved, I think a split is unlikely. They do seem frustrated with results this season though, might retire after Olys. Just a hunch though.

Do you remember which team broke up last year near the end of the year? I remember people saying the break up was strange.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The forum is back to normal speed. Has they fixed the tech issues or is the Pairs event just not as popular?

I don't know. I'd say pairs is not as popular, but dance usually isn't either. On the other hand, we're just coming back from the opening ceremony rather than men's sp with Yuzu skating so maybe?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yup, you're probably thinking of Vartmann/Blommaert.

That's them! Thanks. I keep thinking its this Austrian pair and then I'm confused and think they changed their mind. It's like a mind fart I'm having.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't know. I'd say pairs is not as popular, but dance usually isn't either. On the other hand, we're just coming back from the opening ceremony rather than men's sp with Yuzu skating so maybe?

But the Shibs were in the Dance, plus another American team, whereas there are no non Russian big names in Pairs.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET (JPN)

Music: Sakura (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu

Black/white costumes with flower details

3Tw - ok, bit low catch
2S - she pop, he did 3S
3STh - she hangs on
3Li
PCoSp
StSq
FiDs

A couple of mistakes

SP: 24.12+24.81 = 48.93, 1/1

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Lovely costumes for the Japanese pair- but Team Japan usually has nice costumes across all disciplines.

A little off on the step sequence, but overall not bad