2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Alina showing veteran power so far, will she beat Polina in PCS?
Seems a bit cautious compare to previous outing. Need to bring more joy!!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
They should start giving more credits to Leonova authenticity/originality/personality/distinctivity. She is really one and only out there :yay:

rosacotton

Final Flight
NBC commentators are so quick to dump and switch favorites :slink: She had one good SP, let's give her a chance to skate a great FS without piling on so much pressure.

Considering what happened to Mariah last season, I'm sort of hoping Bradie DOESN'T medal so she won't go into Nationals with all the new hype and pressure.

andromache

Record Breaker
Tara's comment about Ashley during the SP is of course suspect but did anybody see that car(?) commercial Ashley had on NBC that just aired? Who else has one of any kind?

Ashley is the female face of American skating. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes Tara and Johnny were told by NBC to big up/go easy on Ashley and Tara got stuck being the nice one (because the female is always the one to be extra nice :rolleye:) who had to heap the praise. They can't be allowed to be too harsh on the face of US ladies skating to American audiences :confused2:

:laugh: Someone should've told Peggy Fleming that. Best passive aggressiveness in the biz.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Does Mirai have a realistic chance at the Olympic team?

I think she has as good a chance as most of the US ladies. Being that no one has really dominated on the GP, a lot will come down to Nationals.

geige

On the Ice
Nice.... NBC commentators talking over Leonova’s great performance about other ladies......

GGFan

Record Breaker
It happens every Olympic season.. I feel like they are hyping someone in order to keep Mirai Nagasu off the Olympic team.

NBC wants stars, any stars for the Olympics. Viewership isn't what it used to be. I don't think it's as specific as favoring any one skater except that some interview better, appeal to more viewers, etc. It's more a naked play for money rather than an anti-anyone move.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
i am sorry this program doesn't work for me as it does for other people, i just can't get into it.i am sorry

i am happy u enjoy it. she doing fine.

college pat, I appreciate your general positivity toward all the skaters. :)

Alena did great. I remember seeing her at Skate America live in 2012 and she was such a hot mess -- it's nice to see her do such a relatively clean program. :)

Lissy

Medalist
i knew NBC wouldn't show most of the ladies so I took the opportunity to take a nap! Woke up just in time to see Alena kill it!

I make good decisions. :laugh:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
And she is giving sass towards the end finally... the Wagner kind.

evasorange

Final Flight
Tara's comment about Ashley during the SP is of course suspect but did anybody see that car(?) commercial Ashley had on NBC that just aired? Who else has one of any kind?

Ashley is the female face of American skating. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes Tara and Johnny were told by NBC to big up/go easy on Ashley and Tara got stuck being the nice one (because the female is always the one to be extra nice :rolleye:) who had to heap the praise. They can't be allowed to be too harsh on the face of US ladies skating to American audiences :confused2:

Tara used to be so harsh on Ashley! After Sochi she straight up said she should quit. Then her silver worlds happened and all of a sudden Tara was all "OMG ASHLEY!! Great artistry!!!" Lol so transparent

desertskates

Medalist
Wow, clean again for Alena---I'm just loving her this year :yahoo:
She looks like a fun girl to grab a drink with, relaxed and good humored :laugh: