2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Ladies FS

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Skating Gods, do you hear me?
Alena Leonova had 2 clean FS in a row. What kind of victims did she sacrifice for you?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Alena Leonova

Tech: Nice 3T+3T. Landed 3Lz, might be <. Clean 2A. Spins a bit labored and slow. Good 3F+2T and another 3F to follow. Clean 3S+2T+2Lo and 2A. The jumps seem quite careful in their entries in this performance. Footwork sequence is spirited but not a lot of deep edges and a bit slow.

Pres: What a great performance! She's really been nailing the free programs this year. Yes, she could have more speed and much better spins, but I like her expression as one of the few skaters who shows off her personality on the ice. Might be good enough to get her in the top 6.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Considering what happened to Mariah last season, I'm sort of hoping Bradie DOESN'T medal so she won't go into Nationals with all the new hype and pressure.

Mariah's problems are no way hype related. Girl is just inconsistent even without the hype :confused2:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I love how happy Alena is. Seeing that is one of the best parts of watching.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Colour me impressed about Alena Leonova. Never a fan of her during her "peak" years, but she is bringing it this season. If she was skating for any other country, she would be a sure thing at the Olympics.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So happy for Leonova! Almost a mirror image skate from her FS last time. Maybe some URs here and there, but girl is ON, and sticking it to the haters. :love: :rock:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I think she has as good a chance as most of the US ladies. Being that no one has really dominated on the GP, a lot will come down to Nationals.

She did also add that 3A this year... almost seems like an throw down to the US Fed. "You left me off the 2014 team and keep trying to push other girls? Well, suck on these 3As. Try leaving me off the Olympic team this year!"