2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS

Lipea

Final Flight
I think her free program is kind of common, while her short is very very good. That's why she received lower, although with not much, PCS than Panenkova

It would be silly to start promoting Kostornaya against Panenkova. Kostornaya is like a child in comparison, pretty, polished but a child, and it is very obvious she will grow quite a bit, her legs will get longer and bigger, and her jumps are not perfect. Panenkova, in contrast, is already almost fully grown both physically and in height (her mother and aunt are short) and she has unarguably the highest and strongest jumps with great landings and all rippons. Also, it is better to have lip than flutz. Daria, in contrast, is very independent and more mature as person, having a whole season of unmistakable competitions behind.

Lipea

Final Flight
Sofia and Alena have golds, so they will most likely be in the final. Were there ever 5 Russians in the JGPF? Also, Gulyakova easily would have taken the sixth spot if she would be given second assignment instead of Stasya who should have been in seniors.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I've seen Kostornaya wiping her nose, underrotating two flips and flutzing.
Her long is better than short and her Ina Bauer is beautiful though.

Seems like yesterday's unfair judging crushed Eunsoo's confidence, who can blame her? :disapp:

Is it? because honestly she keeps making mistakes in the free program and most of the time on the 2a-3T she is always missing the 3T.

Since she does have a beautiful Lutz technique why not doing two 3ltz-3T? and please work on the levels (and the stamina)!

Beautiful skater (and beautiful dress here in the FS) but still a lot of work to do.

tars

Record Breaker
i'm not a technical expert, but it looks rotated to me

1) takeoff landing
2) takeoff landing
Gave it a deeper look at 0.25 speed - she has combination of very good vertical leap, loose air position and bit of rotating on toe pick at landing. I noticed lip I haven't before, I take back one of flip urs - it was clean, the second was not big ~120 degrees, her lutz edge was borderline, but entry is messy.
The most important thing is she can jump really high, so I guess everything might be perfected.

Beautiful skater (and beautiful dress here in the FS) but still a lot of work to do.
Yes, she has and maybe in another coaching environment as well.
Still, it doesn't change the fact she'd been harshly underscored in short in relation to others.

madison

Record Breaker
It would be silly to start promoting Kostornaya against Panenkova. Kostornaya is like a child in comparison, pretty, polished but a child, and it is very obvious she will grow quite a bit, her legs will get longer and bigger, and her jumps are not perfect. Panenkova, in contrast, is already almost fully grown both physically and in height (her mother and aunt are short) and she has unarguably the highest and strongest jumps with great landings and all rippons. Also, it is better to have lip than flutz. Daria, in contrast, is very independent and more mature as person, having a whole season of unmistakable competitions behind.

Well, to be honest, it might be that Daria overpassed puberty, but what it worries me much is her personality... she always seems very down, and very shy and reserved.... not that these are bad things, but I think some charm is missing overthere

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Well, to be honest, it might be that Daria overpassed puberty, but what it worries me much is her personality... she always seems very down, and very shy and reserved.... not that these are bad things, but I think some charm is missing overthere

I would not call her reaction as shy, but rather as disappointed. She is apparently very ambitious. In Riga she was disappointed because of her mistake (reportedly the first in 18 months, and the reaction of Dudakov there was not really helpful), and here in Gdansk because she did not win.

Lana05

Final Flight
Andrei Lazukin got 0.75 in PCS from one judge at Finland Trophy :eeking: :shocked: This is really harsh

tjb

Match Penalty
i've seen multiple interviews with daria on youtube. and she sounds like a very shy and modest girl. i don't think that she was expecting to win over alena.
she often admits in her interviews that she's tecnically behind from the other girls in the group.

madison

Record Breaker
i've seen a multiple interviews with daria on youtube. and she sounds like a very shy and modest girl. i don't think that she's was expecting to win over alena.
she often admits in her interviews that she's tecnically behind from the other girls in the group.

And Alina how does she seem to be? I don't speak Russian so I don't understand any of her interviews/posts etc

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Something I realized after the fact: Ann-Christin Marold of GER wins the Slay Count award by moving up from 21st after the SP to 12th overall!

tjb

Match Penalty
And Alina how does she seem to be? I don't speak Russian so I don't understand any of her interviews/posts etc

alina seems to be a very sweet girl, but a little bit childish. on the other hand, sasha sounds like a very mature and articulate person. she looks like a 10 yo, and speaks like a person who at least a two times older than she is, it was totally unexpected

madison

Record Breaker
alina seems to be a very sweet girl, but a little bit childish. on the other hand, sasha sounds like a very mature and articulate person. she looks like a 10 yo, and speaks like a person who at least a two times older than she is, it was totally unexpected

:thumbsup::love:
Lovely ladies, all are so special and real fighters.

russianfan

Match Penalty

well right now she seem to be very pleased with the amount of presents Japanese fans gave to her after Japan Open :laugh:

madison

Record Breaker
well right now she seem to be very pleased with the amount of presents Japanese fans gave to her after Japan Open :laugh:
But not with the PCS that she received.:noshake:
Do you think Daniil-the best choreo will change her dress for the SP?