2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS

tjb

Match Penalty
I am impressed by Kostornaya's interpretation, good skating skills and good jumps technique
her lutz and those huge axels, wow. it looked like she was jumping a 3axel in the last jump :eeking:

i saw a videos of her doing a 3A on the floor. so probably she trains it

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
It amuses me how Papa Ted is getting better and better about the pronunciation of the names of Eteri and her team... because they literally come up so much! :laugh2:

starla16

Medalist
She was working on 3A before injury. Probably, she is working on in right now.

well Alena's axels are definitely big and high elevated like Trusova, their axels are uncharacteristically Tubertdze technique (bad axel jump).

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I was busy working on an application but I did manage to see the last few skaters. I'm most impressed with Alena.

Daria always looks so down in the Kiss and Cry.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Welcome to the Russian Grand Prix 2017-2018! :laugh:
The last event is also about how many medals russians will have at the minimum, before final even begins

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I thought twice why Alena received lower pcs for the apparently more impressive performance than Daria and have come with a hypothesis: she was penalized for the touching of her running nose. The first time it was subtle - the second time it was obvious. For me it was nothing but a 130+ performance with her total to be above 200. She still beat Trusova's record of the best international debut ever.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So I may have snuck a few linked gifs into a couple of my posts :p

(I also did this a few weeks ago and no one said anything)

Corwin

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Alyona...just wow.
That's exactly a diamond .... It's just a miracle! It's already not a child's skating, what expressive hands, the style is already visible! And music!!!

Wonderlander

Spectator
Actually there is a slim chance for both Korean girls. If Kim or Young will have a Gold and neither Kihira or Araki will have silver, Kim/Young gets a final sport ahead of Japanese girls.
Not very realistic I know. But there is still a posibilty.
What I know for sure is last JGP event will be insanily exiting!

madison

Record Breaker
I thought twice why Alena received lower pcs for the apparently more impressive performance than Daria and have come with a hypothesis: she was penalized for the touching of her running nose. The first time it was subtle - the second time it was obvious. For me it was nothing but a 130+ performance with her total to be above 200. She still beat Trusova's record of the best international debut ever.

I think her free program is kind of common, while her short is very very good. That's why she received lower, although with not much, PCS than Panenkova

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
So yeah.
So I've seen Alena and Dasha live. And what's been seen cannot be unseen... In an extremely good way.
Alena is obviously talented and impression that she makes is tremendous - but Panenkova is like WOW. I mean video is nothing compared with actually seeing her skating. I was truly moved watching her (don't get me wrong, Alena was wonderful as well). Dasha is very mature, her jumps are big, speed is great, the energy is well spread throughout the whole program, the elements of choreography suits the music (come on, Ne me quitte pas IS over the top). And she's really able to evoke genuine emotions, not only admiration. She has everything.
And I am the person that a actually hated her program while watching it in a video from previous JGP.

madison

Record Breaker
So yeah.
So I've seen Alena and Dasha live. And what's been seen cannot be unseen... In an extremely good way.
Alena is obviously talented and impression that she makes is tremendous - but Panenkova is like WOW. I mean video is nothing compared with actually seeing her skating. I was truly moved watching her (don't get me wrong, Alena was wonderful as well). Dasha is very mature, her jumps are big, speed is great, the energy is well spread throughout the whole program, the elements of choreography suits the music (come on, Ne me quitte pas IS over the top). And she's really able to evoke genuine emotions, not only admiration. She has everything.
And I am the person that a actually hated her program while watching it in a video from previous JGP.

So fair judging, isn't it? How did you find Eunsoo?

russianfan

Match Penalty
So yeah.

lucky you!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Rino was again the only one getting step sequence level 4, same as the SP.
Daria's 3Lz3T got the highest element score in the entire JGP series so far, for ladies, if I'm not mistaken. 1.70 GOE! Well deserved!
Best GOE on a spin went to Emmy Ma's FCCoSp4 (1.14).

tars

Record Breaker
I've seen Kostornaya wiping her nose, underrotating two flips and flutzing.
Her long is better than short and her Ina Bauer is beautiful though.

Seems like yesterday's unfair judging crushed Eunsoo's confidence, who can blame her? :disapp:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
So fair judging, isn't it? How did you find Eunsoo?

Eunsoo is a very pretty girl (beautiful tbh), her skating is pretty... And I guess that's the point. It's all pretty and forgettable. I mean she's great, her technique is very good for sure but her programs are lacking personality. She's smiling, audience is cheering and then it all ends.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying SHE is lacking personality as a person, her choreo is simply not showing it at all. When you compare her to, for example, Emmy Ma, the difference is huge. It's not about actual talent - Eunsoo is tremendously talented - but more about the way their programs present their capabilities.