2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies FS

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Kostornaya is mesmerizing!!!! But this is going to be a nailbiter. I think PCS will decide this.

In that case I think it would go to Alena. I mean Daria is great, but Alena already has the full package.

whatif

Medalist
The higher PCS for Panenkova is BS. But fair TES score for Daria. So, are we looking at all Russian JGPF?????

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Daria was better here but not enough TES/PCS difference to make up for those 4 points distance Alena had. :( But great job, Daria. That was great. And her jumps, OMG.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Daria is the kind of skaters whose jumps will look more pretty if she doesn't do a tano or Rippon but rather she does them with power and speed.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The higher PCS for Panenkova is BS. But fair TES score for Daria. So, are we looking at all Russian JGPF?????

Max they can get is 5. There'll be one non-Russian at the very least.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Still not a huge fan of Panenkova, but Kostornaya just blew me away. She just might be my favorite non-Shcherbakova junior this season, though I really like Trusova as well. This is one extremely strong age group for junior ladies.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I found this pcs scoring odd as well. IMO Kostornaya was far superior in these aspects, not even close.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Hmmm
Okay judges, what did you see better in Daria's performance? I actually like Alena's skating (even before the Eteri move) soo....how did you mark the former with higher marks especially in interpretation?? [emoji58][emoji58]

whatif

Medalist
Max they can get is 5. There'll be one non-Russian at the very least.

WHO? I can see Kihira in theory but she will have to come first next week and that will be a tough call with Kostornaya and Samodurova there. She will need to land those two 3axels.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
So no second spot for Gulyakova. This season's competition is insane. Too many Juniors, but we could have actually done with more Seniors.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
WHO? I can see Kihira in theory but she will have to come first next week and that will be a tough call with Kostornaya and Samodurova there. She will need to land those two 3axels.

Rika needs a second place and she's in. Rika or Nana.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
6 JGP stages and 5 Russian girls to win them. It is high chance, they are all going to be in the final. And the 6th? I guess, (I hope) it will be Rika. What an interesting Italy we are going to have! Sofia against Alena against Rika. And Nana can skate as well, especially strong is her SP. In theory, if Rika wins and Nana is second one of the Russian girls will not make it with 24 points. Sofia seems to be a bigger risk. But I hope she will do fine same as Alena.

Sad about Gulyakova. Second place with 181 and no second chance to prove yourself. This year only the winners got the second spot. Isn't it crazy?

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I feel like hacking into the puberty monster's computer and deleting its database completely.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

No, she won't have to come first. The current standings are (leaving out a couple girls who've had two already with an under 20 total):

1. Alexandra Trusova — 30
2. Daria Panenkova — 28
3. Anastasia Tarakanova — 26
4. Mako Yamashita — 24
5. Eunsoo Lim — 22
6. Sofia Samodurova — 15 (Italy)
7. Alena Kostornaya — 15 (Italy)
8. Rika Kihara — 13 (Italy)
9. Nana Akari — 13 (Italy)

Trusova, Panenkova and Tarakanova are all in for sure. If Kihara gets silver she'll make it. If she gets bronze, it depends on whether her score is higher than Mako's and whether or not Nana places above her.

At least one of Nana Akari, Rika Kihara and Mako Yamashita is going to be in the final.

starla16

Medalist
I am impressed by Kostornaya's interpretation, good skating skills and good jumps technique
her lutz and those huge axels, wow. it looked like she was jumping a 3axel in the last jump :eeking:

whatif

Medalist
No, she won't have to come first. The current standings are (leaving out a couple girls who've had two already with an under 20 total):

1. Alexandra Trusova — 30
2. Daria Panenkova — 28
3. Anastasia Tarakanova — 26
4. Mako Yamashita — 24
5. Eunsoo Lim — 22
6. Sofia Samodurova — 15 (Italy)
7. Alena Kostornaya — 15 (Italy)
8. Rika Kihara — 13 (Italy)
9. Nana Akari — 13 (Italy)

Trusova, Panenkova and Tarakanova are all in for sure. If Kihara gets silver she'll make it. If she gets bronze, it depends on whether her score is higher than Mako's and whether or not Nana places above her.

At least one of Nana Akari, Rika Kihara and Mako Yamashita is going to be in the final.

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Rika needs a second place and she's in. Rika or Nana.

Thanx

- - - Updated - - -

I am impressed by Kostornaya's interpretation, good skating skills and good jumps technique
her lutz and those huge axels, wow. it looked like she was jumping a 3axel in the last jump :eeking:

Also such an unusual and beautiful delay in jumps.

Grin

Medalist

She was working on 3A before injury. Probably, she is working on in right now.