2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP

tars

Record Breaker
My friend, let's calm down and look at his objectively...
I agree with most of what you wrote. Obviously, by comparing Kostronaya's 69 and Eunsoo's 58, I opposed mainly the unfair gap.
I'd rather have judges not pumping up the scores overall, but if they do it for one skater, they should act accordingly towards the others or the harm will multiply.

tars

Record Breaker
except for the fact that it had nothing to do with the music( just like the rest of her program) I thought it was pretty amazing!
If only those Eteri girls could do all those frenetic movements match the music :(
Then it would make sense and I would stop talking about it! lol
There is one girl who can do that, then there are many who can do that with proper music, choreo and training and there are some who have serious problems with it.
Unfortunately many fans on this forum refuse to accept this natural fact, probably because they're trapped in devotion to the coach rather than the athletes. Very weird thing for a sports fan, if you ask me.

Lana05

Final Flight
Alena didn't skate this sp at Moscow Open. The new one was made only after official getting JGP spot. So there wasn't much time to polish everything right for an event but even know it wowes me.

thegreendestiny

On the Ice
So satisfying to see people ruin themselves over figure skating.

And to think they haven't even seen Scherbakova yet. Anyway, good luck Alena, make them scream in pain.

Grin

Medalist
for eteri haters like tars it really would be better to stop watching jgp in a coming years. otherwise it might be really painful, and in a few more years he could stop watching a senior gp as well:laugh:

Tars isn't Eteri hater. He is just disappointed that one of his fav girls got low score (for her). If Ensoo skates good FS his mood will improve.

I watched her skate at Moscow Championships and you know what?
She skated BETTER than today and recieved 62. This is proof of the madness, I'm talking about. :confused2:
Alena is №3 (after Sherbakova and Trusova) Eteri's girl in my personal rankings list of Eteri's junior ladies :laugh:. She is really good. Hope you'll like her FS more than her SP.

Btw, Alena's SP at the moment has more views and likes that Ensoo's SP :taunt:

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, technically, all the arms over head, difficult entries and exits are GOE bullet points, so they do mean higher GOE. It is not overscoring.

Eteri girls can easily check 3-4 goe bullet points (difficult entry, varied air position, steps preceding the jump, difficult exit are very common), on basically every jump.

Also, notice that the jumps for those girls are not poor, they are just average (watch the FS for warm up groups 1-2 to see some poor jumps), which means there is no mandatory deduction. Yes, they are not great, but they are not poor either. Which means no deductions for it as long as landed clean.

No overscoring there imho. A big jump does not automatically mean +3 GOE.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Alena the girl who got into a bus accident on the way to a competition?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But you know, I think this scoring system is really tricky... For instance, I don't think Tanos and rippons should automatically mean more GOE.

They don't. The judges don't have to award them with GOE if they don't add to the quality or impact of the jump. If a creative entry isn't executed well a judge won't award that either.

Unless the judges start selecting bullet points and telling us instead of just typing +or-GOE numbers into a computer we'll never know what they were thinking. Besides...the GOE guidelines by the ISU clearly state that they are suggestions but that the judges are free to determine how many bullets and which ones define what GOE is awarded.

I wouldn't mind the judges just selecting bullet points on jumps and then let the computer factor in everyone's selections. That's way more interesting to read than +2 :rolleye:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, since we're talking about Junior, I don't really think I've seen any jumps that deserved +3. Even at Senior that's difficult to find.

But you know, I think this scoring system is really tricky... For instance, I don't think Tanos and rippons should automatically mean more GOE. To me, they're a cherry on top of the cake. They can make a jump look nicer. But the problem is that most of the time, it's the opposite. They make the air position all wonky, and when in combinations, they make them more muscled and slow(of course there are exceptions). And that's all I'm saying. Are Tanos and rippons suppose to gather more points? Yes. But only if the overall quality of the jump is not sacrificed in the process. Otherwise it will make no difference in the GOE after all.
Not quite. They earn more GOE because they're more difficult. The most beautiful steps might not earn as much GOE as the most difficult ones, either. If it looks ugly, it should be punished in PCS, not GOE.

In any case, I think that Rippon jumps are almost exclusively more beautiful than "normal" ones. Why anyone would prefer to watch normal ones is beyond me.

tars

Record Breaker
But, you know what? It's their style! A very new style, and very different and specific Judges seem to like it. What can we do about it? They're definitely being rewarded. Good for them! Whether it is pleasing for you and me it's a whole other story.
Yep, the story of sport's popularity. ;)

But the other thing that bothers me is beginning of this weird devotion to the group, instead of specific skaters and their talents. No matter how well skater perfoms and what kind of talent she possesses, people tend to blindly praise her and defend all aspects of her skating, because "she belongs to the group".
It's pretty weird and on a deeper level even disrespectful and harmful towards the athletes in purely individual sport, that is single skating. For instance, what's going to happen with the support, when skater leaves the group or become it's weakest link? :think:

kemistry

Spectator
Alena is №3 (after Sherbakova and Trusova) Eteri's girl in my personal rankings list of Eteri's junior ladies :laugh:. She is really good. Hope you'll like her FS more than her SP.

Alena has beautiful arm, but her sp choreography is making me dizzy. What's up with these frantic movements. :( I haven't seen Sherbakova yet, but between her and Trusova, I like her more. And sh'es probably my favorite junior skater.

tjb

Match Penalty
Tars isn't Eteri hater. He is just disappointed

of course he is. just like all of russian fans of lipnitskaya.
he pretends to love some of eteri's skaters, but at the same time he wants someone to rescue them out out of sambo's evil kingdom, where athletes are getting injured, getting stripped out of personality, and all bad things can happen.
it's nothing new in what's he saying. lipnitskaya's fans are more predictibale than Yuna fans

madison

Record Breaker
Alena didn't skate this sp at Moscow Open. The new one was made only after official getting JGP spot. So there wasn't much time to polish everything right for an event but even know it wowes me.
No, it was the same SP, only the dress was different, which I personally liked more: it was a simpler dress, but it added mystery to the performance.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
of course he is. just like all of russian fans of lipnitskaya.
he pretends to love some of eteri's skaters, but at the same time he wants someone to rescue them out out of sambo's evil kingdom, where athletes are getting injured, getting stripped out of personality, and all of the other bad things can happened.
it's nothing new in what's he saying. lipnitskaya's fans are more predictibale than Yuna fans

I consider myself to be an enigma.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Well, since we're talking about Junior, I don't really think I've seen any jumps that deserved +3. Even at Senior that's difficult to find.
For instance, a skater has a great jump, with correct edge, good distance, good height, quick and with a nice flow. They'll get around what? +1 or +2. Now, they do all that but with a rippon. They should get +3 because of that?
READ THE RULES. Please. And you will stop writing these nonsenses....

and Like W.T.F.? Have you never seen Sasha's Jump? Sasha's Lutz? Sasha's combo? Axel? All of her jumps?
:sarcasm::scratch2:
some people choose the way of ignorance. :disapp: